Closure of Garden View Tea Room

HappyGal

DIS Veteran
There aren't any reservations/tables available beyond January 6, 2018. Any word on what's going on? Perhaps a refurb?

My 12:45 reservation for 12/1 is still in MDE. I'll be really upset if they cancel it.

Their report is lacking when it comes to details, a good report would include the date of the change and if it's permanent or seasonal.

I was able to book for March today. I just began planning and trying to get that reservation the first of this week. I was so bummed that I couldn't get it and was stunned that it was completely sold out for the entire week we're there. Tried today on a whim and was able to get a variety of times on several different days. Maybe they were just adjusting to the new operating hours?

Ok, thanks, I see you are now able to book through March 16th. I wonder why the gap? I guess I'll just keep waiting for April dates to open.

I've been trying to book a reservation for a few weeks now and ran into the same thing. Was so happy to get a reservation for March 13th today! Yay!

I had called and talked to a CM about a week ago and she had no idea why it wasn't bookable, but guessed that they just hadn't released those reservations yet for some reason.

Last edited:

It's one of the hardest to get ADRs and I've never been in there when it wasn't completely full so I'd be surprised if they did away with it entirely. It is actually the only ADR I make in advance because getting it day of or even week of is almost impossible. We go every single trip, love it.

Strange that nothing was available mid January TO April and then all of a sudden all those dates are open. Perhaps they we considering a refurb?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!