Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Just made our 90 day CL FP+. Opened at 407-939-7777 @ 9:00 a.m. Eastern time. All times and attractions were available . CM wrote down our requests and called back in 15 minutes after loading them into system. No difficulties at all. I am not going to try to modify to get duplicates. To be able to walk up to the busiest rides at the time you choose for each day and get all tier 1 attractions back to back is amazing. Will save hours of standing and park hopping, not to mention being able to see the night time fireworks with fewer crowds.

Here now. Last night we use the viewing for haHappi Ever After. 45 minutes before we were the only ones in the area. We were able to get to handicap spot right by the rail with an unobstructed View. We used to have to line up about two and a half hours before the show! By the time the show started there were about 30 people in the area. Absolutely worth the $50 just for that!

We asked if it was going to be available in December when we come back and they said yes best thing Disney ever done!

Yes. Most guests think the Anytime replaces the downed ride’s FP but it’s a Bonus and you reschedule the regular FP and use the Bonus for whatever you choose.

Can you explain this more? When we have had a ride go down, it seems to change on the app to Multiple Experience fastpass. How do you reschedule the original FP?

You tap the downed FP in the app and use the Modify function to choose another attraction and time slot.

Then, save the Anytime for the downed ride or another choice ride at anytime.

Ok, count us in as people who didn't know you could do this. When I told my H about it (he always handles the FP+), he said that in his experience the downed ride disappears from the FP+ list and is replaced by the Multi Experience pass. He uses the iPhone app, if it makes a difference. Where do we need to look to see the downed FP? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :)

Ok, count us in as people who didn't know you could do this. When I told my H about it (he always handles the FP+), he said that in his experience the downed ride disappears from the FP+ list and is replaced by the Multi Experience pass. He uses the iPhone app, if it makes a difference. Where do we need to look to see the downed FP? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :)
IF the Anytime shows up and you can’t see the downed FP, return to the FP booking area and book another FP to replace the one that was downed. All 3 “initial” FPs have to be used before booking another Tier 1 and the Bonus Anytime does not count as an Initial FP...it’s a Bonus.

IF the Anytime shows up and you can’t see the downed FP, return to the FP booking area and book another FP to replace the one that was downed. All 3 “initial” FPs have to be used before booking another Tier 1 and the Bonus Anytime does not count as an Initial FP...it’s a Bonus.

Ohhh...I get it now...thank you so much!!!

So maybe this is why we couldn't book TT on our last trip after we "used" all our initial FPs. Figment went down (that was our last FP of the day). We saw it turn into the Anytime FP and used that, but after, we still couldn't book TT.

Here now. Last night we use the viewing for haHappi Ever After. 45 minutes before we were the only ones in the area. We were able to get to handicap spot right by the rail with an unobstructed View. We used to have to line up about two and a half hours before the show! By the time the show started there were about 30 people in the area. Absolutely worth the $50 just for that!

We asked if it was going to be available in December when we come back and they said yes best thing Disney ever done!

Thank you for sharing. Glad to read about this positive review on the CL viewing spot.
Would love to know how it works for ROL and Fantasmics if you happen to see those shows during your trip.
Have a great time!

Thank you for sharing. Glad to read about this positive review on the CL viewing spot.
Would love to know how it works for ROL and Fantasmics if you happen to see those shows during your trip.
Have a great time!
We had ROL and Illuminations booked. But I have to be honest, we were so tired by the end of the day, that we did not make it to those viewings. Instead we enjoyed the evening offerings at the club lounge. I think the biggest "flaw" to this program is that it tends to keep you in the parks rather than the lounge. Especially if your trip is shorter.

I thought the viewing areas would be the best part of the paid FP experience. But now that we've completed our trip, I think being able to ride Flight of Passage AND Navi River with FP on the same day (as well as TT, Soarin' and Frozen) was the biggest plus. And once Toy Story opens, it will be an even bigger benefit.

Looking for opinions on doing a 4th day of CL FP+. Is it a waste? Are people sick of it by then? (We are using it for 3 days at AK, MK, HS and have 3 normal park days at EP/HS prior to that.)
We only had 3 possible days as an option, but we were tired by the end of the 3rd day.

I do feel though like I have to qualify that a little. We visited over Easter week, entered the parks around 8am, stayed for the evening viewing 2 of the 3 nights, plus stayed in MK until midnight, AND we didn't arrive well rested (busy pre-trip schedule + a very late arrival).

Normally, we can still manage all of the above just fine; commando day s are our norm! This past trip though, we were pretty knocked out by the end of our 3rd day.

Well that and we stayed at the Dolphin, which has awesome beds. "We'll just go to the room for a little break," turned into a hearty nap! Beware those Heavenly beds! They are too comfy!

I should add we also didn't have any ADR's or strollers, nor did we have lounge access. All could make it harder to fit in everything. If you don't care about the evening viewing, or don't care about going back for CL appetizers/desserts, those are important factors to using the extra FP.

Just returned back last night from a 7 day CL stay, during which we used 3 days of CL FPs, and thought I'd report back.

The program had pros and cons. In retrospect, the biggest pros were the 90 day booking window and lack of tiering for the CL FPs since we were able to ride everything we wanted when we wanted (other than when rides were closed- see below). Riding TT and Soarin', and FOP and Na'vi River, back to back was really great. The HEA viewing area was also spectacular. There were only four other people there, so my kids were able to stretch out and play in the viewing area while people in the Hub were packed in like sardines. DH and I thought this was a highlight, as we often skip fireworks to avoid the crowds with our young kids.

And the cons- we had a couple afternoons with thunderstorms and our FPs converted into anytime FPs for TT, BTMRR, 7DMT, and Splash (separate nights obviously). I'll respond to some of the questions above too in case this gets lost, but those FPs converted into the standard anytime FPs when the FP window began and the ride was still closed. When the rides reopened, as is often the case, the FP lines were quite long and it messed with our schedule in a big way. In short, the con is that you are so booked with 6 FPs that any glitch in your schedule can really throw everything off and make for a stressful night.

The other con was the inability to easily change FPs. I ended up emailing DSS a few times to make changes and was told every time there were no FPs left for the ride or time I was trying to switch to. I understand this means there is not an unlimited CL booking pool, but for the price I thought it would be easier to make changes.

I would only do this for 3 days, as I honestly found our non-CL FP days more relaxing - in part because we knew we had the major rides covered on CL FP days. Planning to use the program again for a November trip, but I'll be more careful about ADRs and not over-scheduling our CL FP days. I have never been as exhausted at the end of a park day as I was on our CL FP days.

I'll post a picture of the HEA viewing area later tonight.

I just checked my emails from that day and I did get an email letting me know the FP had been converted to an anytime FP. It looks like the standard one, with 7DMT and PP not being on the list.

Same here (except 7DMT was on the list when my FP was for that ride)- I got the standard email letting me know my FP had been converted into an anytime FP (when my CL FP rides were down), and it switched over in MDE on my phone. Glad to paste the emails I received in MK and Epcot when this happened if anyone wants to see them.

Just returned back last night from a 7 day CL stay, during which we used 3 days of CL FPs, and thought I'd report back.

The program had pros and cons. In retrospect, the biggest pros were the 90 day booking window and lack of tiering for the CL FPs since we were able to ride everything we wanted when we wanted (other than when rides were closed- see below). Riding TT and Soarin', and FOP and Na'vi River, back to back was really great. The HEA viewing area was also spectacular. There were only four other people there, so my kids were able to stretch out and play in the viewing area while people in the Hub were packed in like sardines. DH and I thought this was a highlight, as we often skip fireworks to avoid the crowds with our young kids.

And the cons- we had a couple afternoons with thunderstorms and our FPs converted into anytime FPs for TT, BTMRR, 7DMT, and Splash (separate nights obviously). I'll respond to some of the questions above too in case this gets lost, but those FPs converted into the standard anytime FPs when the FP window began and the ride was still closed. When the rides reopened, as is often the case, the FP lines were quite long and it messed with our schedule in a big way. In short, the con is that you are so booked with 6 FPs that any glitch in your schedule can really throw everything off and make for a stressful night.

The other con was the inability to easily change FPs. I ended up emailing DSS a few times to make changes and was told every time there were no FPs left for the ride or time I was trying to switch to. I understand this means there is not an unlimited CL booking pool, but for the price I thought it would be easier to make changes.

I would only do this for 3 days, as I honestly found our non-CL FP days more relaxing - in part because we knew we had the major rides covered on CL FP days. Planning to use the program again for a November trip, but I'll be more careful about ADRs and not over-scheduling our CL FP days. I have never been as exhausted at the end of a park day as I was on our CL FP days.

Your complete inability to change your FPs vs earlier in the program reports of people being able to change FPs at the last minute sounds like another DP that a change has been made where CL FPs are released into the general system somehow around that 60 day mark...

I think the messaging has been consistent... That once the 60-day window passes availability would go way down. And once 30 days passes, your 60- and 90- day benefits go way down. I also wouldn't expect them to block off SDD FPs for if I want to change things last minute. My perk was in getting to pick them early -- not in getting to change them up to the last minute. Kind of like if you book a last minute on-site stay. You kind of lose your FP+ 60-day advantage.

Did you double up on any FPs?

This is a big deal to me and has me reconsidering whether we'll do this or not.

IMO, for the price being paid...
  1. They should have a separate pool that allows for changes to be made to something that you might really want same-day
  2. They need to make it possible to modify these FPs online and in the app. Having to call to do so in this day and age is ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter