• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cocktails

O'Reilly

Earning My Ears
:rolleyes: Where's a good bar?

I'm a DVC member and really enjoy the lounge located at Boardwalk (just above Spoodles) as well as the ESPN Club.
I'm looking for someplace different where I can get a good Martini. Any ideas?

okay I don't do Martini - but the Polynesian had a drink I think it was called the Seven Seas - great - about 4 liquors in there - I have heard that the pool-bar at the CRB has a great drink (which I will have to try). I would think that the night clubs at PI would be good too.

Just about every resort has a comfortable lounge. For the Martini set, try Mizner's in the Grand Floridian. Not bad for a beer, either.

only a short walk from my hubby's favorite watering hole next to the Yachtsman in the Yacht club - forget what it's called . . . the Crews Cup? The Admiral's something or other?

Mizner's makes a good one. Also check out Atlantic Dance Hall and the Jazz club at PI.

The Yacht club bar made a really bad one the last time I was there. Yuck!

The Portobello Yacht Club at Downtown Disney just before Pleasure Island amke really good Martini's I tend to start on the orignals - shaken not stirred and have to have at least 3 olives served with them after a couple of them I go on to Chocolate Martinis (not on menu but they'll make you one) - obviously I need a steady hand to get me off the bar stool but they're worth it.

Also heard compliments of martinis by the bartenders at Martha's Vineyard at the Beach Club. I was on Chardonnay that night.

DBF had such a great martini at the lounge at the Animal Kingdom Lodge that he ordered another one. (something he rarely does) Of course I can't be completely certain if it was the martini, or the fac that we took it out to the overlook to see the animals on the savannah, but he SAYS it was the martini!;)

Another one I failed to mention earlier was the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian Resort. We always stop there and get a Pina Colada each trip. :p

I love Mizner’s for martinis, but have changed to Cosmopolitans in the last two years. Citrico’s makes a great “Cirtripolitan” which I get when we go there for dinner.
I have to laugh at all this activity surrounding our favorite places to drink because I remember years ago, probably even before Epcot opened, we were there with our young daughter (who is 38 now, to put time into perspective), and we were staying at the Contemporary. I wanted to get a bottle of wine for the room, went down with dd to the shop on the main coucourse to buy the wine and service was denied! Reason? My young daughter was standing next to me. Yes, the (then) CM told me that Disney had a policy of not selling liquor to people with children. After all, how were they to know that I wasn’t buying it for her. LOL!
So—we got on the monorail, got off at the Poly, went into the shop there, and I made my purchase. Of course dd had to hang around the toys, and pretend she wasn’t with me. At that time the CM told me that Walt Disney was a teetotaler and his people had to convince him that the hotels would not do much business is liquor was not allowed.

I don't know about martinis but the Bar at Ohana's at the Poly had a great Lapu Lapu. Very potent :)

And don't forget the KUNGALOOSH at the Adventurer's Club on Pleasure Island ..............

For the most unrelaxing Martini but nicely prepared remember Tune-In at MGM. Can get crowded near meal time but most people (not me) are just there for a minute waiting for tables at 50's PT.
Another little know fact is you can order anything from the PT menu at the bar have a few then go on R&R or ToT.

I always stop by Calafornia Grill for a drink and several apps during my trips.
RussH

there are a few great lounges in all the resorts my favorites areCalifornia Grill and Outer Rim. Both are at CR Outer Rim is on the concourse leval and the other is on the 15 th floor. The views are great at both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter