Coconut Allergy

Sunshinewish

Earning My Ears
My DD5 is allergic to coconut and coconut oil. We finding there are many snacks she can’t have. I need help know what snacks she can have. I am planning on bringing snacks too, but who doesn’t love a Disney special snacks. So far no popcorn, no Mickey bars, and also no Dole Whip.

My DD5 is allergic to coconut and coconut oil. We finding there are many snacks she can’t have. I need help know what snacks she can have. I am planning on bringing snacks too, but who doesn’t love a Disney special snacks. So far no popcorn, no Mickey bars, and also no Dole Whip.
at snack carts ask to see booklet to be sure be coconut/oil not hiding.

My wife has a similar allergy. She gets the prepackaged Mickey shaped hard pretzels (and double checks the label) as well as the prepackaged Mickey shortbread cookies made by Walkers. Unfortunately most of the baked goods and treats have something coconut or palm related in them. I suggest reaching out to special diets before your trip and carefully checking the binder at any snack cart or quick service. She even found the pizza crust at some locations has palm oil in it, which is a no go for her.

Mickey pretzels, LeFou's Brew, Minute Maid slush at Cheshire Cat (not sure about the candy straw ingredients), any Minute Maid frozen flavor, Frozen Coke, funnel cakes, churros, Olaf strawberry lemonade bar and cotton candy were all free from coconut/coconut oil. They change recipes and suppliers often so make sure to check the allergy binder at each location.

We took DS GF last year who has a peanut/tree nut/seafood allergy and most vendors and restaurants were very good about letting us see a book with ingredients and the TS restaurants had the chef come out and talk to us. Deserts seemed to be the item most in question at all restaurants because they do not make them on site and are not will not guarantee the ingredients. There were, however, many things she could have( more than local or chain restaurants)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter