Code ?'s from a beginner

Hadjii

<font color=teal>Is known to have Wizard of Oz mom
Hi,
I've been to WDW many times but have always used a travel agent. I've been on the boards for a long time now but never have had the courage to try and book myself. I'm planning a trip in two weeks and am weakening and getting ready to call my agent but I'd love to give this a try. Any money saved would be worth the effort. Can someone answer a few questions?

1) Where do I get the codes?
2) How do I use them once I get them?
3) Are they good for any of the WDW Resorts? My son would like to stay at All Star Sports.
4) If a trip is booked through a travel agent can they apply the codes if I have them?
5) Is there a code for discounts on park passes? Car rentals?
6) Am I understanding correctly? The codes can be used along with AAA for an additional discount?
7) Is using codes worth it? Will I save much more than booking with my agent?

Thanks much for any help anyone can offer. I know these are probably dumb questions. I don't know why I'm so intimidated by booking myself. Oh bother..... - Nancy

Sometimes you will see the codes listed here, but another good and organized site is

http://www.mousesavers.com

A code can be applied to a reservation by you or your travel agent, depending on what the code is, it is available at various resorts for various time frames or groups of people.

A code CANNOT be used in addition with another discount. It is a stand alone rate for either a room only or a package.

I have never seen codes for passes or or car rentals, depending on what code you use the passes may be included as part of a package, but I've never seen a stand alone code for a pass or car.

We have always booked ourselves - never used a travel agent . From what I have seen the code rates tend to be the best available offers for WDW. As to whether or not its cheaper than a TA - that would depend on if the TA charges you a fee or not.

Melissa

Thanks everyone. Mousesavers was very informative. I' m still nervous but definitely going to at least book the room. - thanks, Nancy

Hadjii,
Take it from someone else who had never used the codes.
Do It! Do IT! they will save you bunches and that is what they are there for.
The worst that can happen is you will be told you can't apply the code for your dates or resort.

Shawn :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter