Codes for pre-cruise at CBR?

lpursell

Mouseketeer
I have a pre-cruise pkg. (3 nights) at CBR. This isn't the pkg. that Disney does because we are going on a 7 day cruise but my TA said she was able to get a discount on the WDW resort when booking with the Disney cruise. I also booked a one night "room only" myself for the night we arrive. Does anyone know if the discount codes can be applied to the pre-cruise pkg? I know I can get them for the room only night that I booked.

We are thinking about upgrading to AKL but I would need the discount on the pre-cruise pkg. to be able to afford it. Thanks in advance, Linda

Hi Linda! There is no discount for booking a pre-cruise stay just because you have a cruise booked. :) I'm not sure what your TA is talking about. There ARE discount codes for packages at various times, and if you have that booked through your TA then great.

If your TA did the add-on for the CBR stay through DCL then you most definitely did not get a discount. DCL does not discount rooms at all when they are added on to your cruise booking. There have been some special offers for the Swan and Dolphin resorts but nothing for the other Disney resorts.

I think you need to get a little more information from your TA on what is booked to determine what discounts would be applicable, if any. Good luck! :)

Thanks for your help again Michelle. I've just sent my TA an e-mail asking for clarification. I re-read all my notes and she didn't really say the pre-cruise land add-on was discounted. I think I calculated the costs on the WDW website and her quote was less so I assumed it was a discount.

Our trip is still more than 60 days away so I might be able to cancel the pre-cruise portion of the trip and make my own arrangements. Worse case scenerio is that discount codes won't come out and I'll be paying the same price. I don't begrudge her the commission but the savings would be substantial for my group.

Do you know if I can cancel a portion of my reservations without losing the cabins and rates we have for our cruise? Boy, this is almost as complicated as buying a house! I've learned so much on DIS that I think I could do it much better the next time. Problem is that there probably won't be a next time for us so we need to make this one really good!

Thanks again, Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter