College Football 2020 (and 2021??)

(WLP is a Tulane guy).

Me - a Bama guy sitting in the middle watching the back-and-forth as a neutral observer.

I was tracking he was a Tulane guy. My comment was half antagonizing and half friendly banter. Army is greatly improved the last few years, but Tulane is a game that always seems 50/50 chance for them to win. It's maddening that they can have games like OU 2 years ago or Michigan last year, to choke against teams more in their weight class. The injuries at QB this season aren't helping though.

Only one game really matters though...when they stomp the squids on 12 December.

Special teams silliness made the score lopsided.

38-12 with 3 mins to go

also, as Army is 25 in the coaches poll, Vandy is no longer the last ranked team we’ve beaten!!

Oy, when Army starts passing...

giphy.gif

Good game. Good luck for everyone on your team not hurting your feelings today

Weird Big 10 weekend.

Nebraska got their first win of the season and over Penn State no less.

Indiana shuts out Michigan State to remain undefeated.

Wisconsin whacks Michigan <coaching hot seat on :furious:>

I will be watching The Masters' final round today

Bama Ed

PS - Ole Miss just scored ANOTHER touchdown this morning. Now if they could only just tackle somebody .........

PPS - Indiana plays the Buckeyes next

Well hopefully Milton (Michigan QB) has been working on his academics. Because if yesterday was an audition to play on Sunday's it was horrible. Yes there will be a coaching change coming at Michigan....and this is not a new topic. Not sure they could have outplayed the cheerleaders yesterday. :sad2:

2 years he'll be at Bama as a DC. The thing he was actually quite good at.

The Tulane field goal success so far tonight against Tulsa....

giphy.gif

The piece of paper says "no more field goal attempts - go for it on every 4th down".

At least that's what I think I heard. :rolleyes:

What's up with the Green Wave, Pluto?

Bama Ed

He looks like he’s a freshman again. Don’t know what’s going on.

we’re having DD birthday celebration times 2 (6 & 8 y/o) tonight. So haven’t gotten to watch too much.

so, if you needed an intro into being a Tulane fan, that one kind of summed it up. (gave up a TD on a Hail Mary to tie the game, lost on a pick 6 in 2nd OT). Also, Tulsa's starting QB got injured. His back up was awful, but also got injured. Then the 3rd string came in (naturally, he was much better than the back up), erased a 14-0 deficit. we took a 21-14 lead with ~1:30 and couldn't hold that either.

I mean, there is progress. we went to OT with 2 ranked teams this season and beat another one. for most of my life we'd have lost those games by 4+ TDs.

Army is hard at work to try to literally hand the game to GA Southern. 3 fumbles in the first half. They've made some decent plays in the 3rd to make it a game again, but the pass defense is choking per usual.

I went to the Bama - Kentucky game yesterday (63-3 Tide) and while it wasn't much of a game, it did provide some benefits.

First, nobody on the Tide squad got hurt.

Second, given the score differential, we saw plenty of action from the 4th and 5th running backs and they were both impressive with good speed and moves. Each got a TD. And that was with the 3rd string o-line. Lots of subs on defense too.

Third, saw our QB of the future, Bryce Young, throw his first touchdown pass of his career. In fact, his first pass of the game was perfectly dropped over the receiver's shoulder (who was well covered) on a dead run. Nice touch. I assume our present QB Mac Jones will go pro after this year (has one season of eligibility remaining) and Bryce will take over. Mac is in the run for the Heisman. He's come a LONG way in the last year from "maybe he'll get drafted" (or stay for his final year) to "likely first rounder" (he gone).

So the game was a nice prep for Auburn next Saturday (which will be our last home game of the year).

One last note: coming down the spiral ramp at the end of the game from the upper deck, I saw 6 charter-style busses in Kentucky Blue/KY logos parked next to the stadium where the visiting team's equipment truck/18 wheeler normally parks. And the truck was there too along with a bus-style RV in Kentucky blue. Makes me wonder if the team came to Tuscaloosa from Lexington in the busses to save money in this covid season. Usually in a situation like this, a team flies into Birmingham an hour away, stays in the hotels there the night before the game, charters busses to take them to T-town, play the game, then the busses take them to the airport. So my hat is off to the KY players if they had to bus back and forth from Lex.

Bama Ed

PS - i assume the busses were for the players and the RV bus was for some of the coaching staff/HC.

Last edited:
Well it took 3 overtime periods but Michigan finally beat Rutgers. Looked really sad and I went to bed at halftime, so was shocked this AM.

Well it took 3 overtime periods but Michigan finally beat Rutgers. Looked really sad and I went to bed at halftime, so was shocked this AM.

My most recent supervisor (in name only) before I retired lived/worked in New Jersey and is a Rutgers graduate and season ticket holder. While I remember that he had to sign off on my annual performance review, I LOL'd at him buying Rugers season tickets. Our conversation often went something like this:

Ed: Well I signed up for my season tickets at Bama again. Hoping for another nattie,

Him: I did too for my Rutgers seats. We got a top 200 recruiting class coming in. Might have a winning season possibly.

Ed: Why bother paying rack rate for season tix for Rutgers home games when you could probably buy 50-yard line seats on the street corner before the game for less than price?

Him: Because I want to show my support for the team and know I'm on the 50-yard line with 200 of the other season ticket holders.

Ed: when you make it to the Rose Bowl, give me a call. 📞

Now, PaHunter, I'm going to go easy on you when I say if it took 3OT to beat Rutgers (of all teams) you might need to go the route of South Carolina and fire Coach Khaki Pants and make up some NCAA violation to justify not paying him the balance of his contract.

TheBigHouse deserves better.

Ed

At least we have a college football tonight (Thanksgiving Day) with New Mexico and Utah State. I'll probably watch that tonight at some point.

Tomorrow some more games including Notre Dame and North Carolina (prolly the best game of the day) but will also watch some Nebraska and Iowa. And I will flip over to Iowa State and Texas if Texas is struggling.

Sabin has the covid for real this time so he won't be on the sideline for that game (I'll be there though) against Auburn (The Iron Bowl). Bama has been strong here in that match-up when the game is here (Bama home team) and only loss he's had was the 2010 $cam Newton game.

The other intra-state rivalry almost as much fun (to me) to follow is the Egg Bowl (Ole Miss vs Mississippi State). Seriously, do you think the punters will even see the field this game? I predict at least 60 points scored by both teams and very little defense (now watch me be COMPLETELY wrong). But it should be entertaining.

Good slate of games.

Bama Ed

Michigan plays Penn Sate this week and is looking to help Penn State not go winless. :rotfl2: We hope for a win, but not sure our team is up for it. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter