College Football 2020 (and 2021??)

The other intra-state rivalry almost as much fun (to me) to follow is the Egg Bowl (Ole Miss vs Mississippi State). Seriously, do you think the punters will even see the field this game? I predict at least 60 points scored by both teams and very little defense (now watch me be COMPLETELY wrong).

See, kids, THIS is why I don't gamble. :sad2: I would lose my shirt. 🎲

I didn't get to see much of the Egg Bowl because I watched more of the aTm-LSU game since the SEC has altered the schedules for the remaining two weeks. Bama plays LSU next so I wanted to get more familiar with them - the game will be in Red Stick.

My Iron Bowl game was pretty decisive in the win for the Tide over Auburn. We did get lucky when an Auburn receiver beat the deep coverage and the qb got him the ball over his shoulder and he just plain dropped it on the run. He was VERY wide open. Otherwise we gave up two field goals and a late trash td. It was the last home game of the year. I would have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall watching Coach Saban watching the game on tv at home. It probably would have been hilarious. :rotfl2:

I think I'm going to request reassignment of my season ticket seat location for the upcoming seasons. If an opening comes up, the ticket office tries to accommodate seat move requests from existing season ticket holders before opening to new ticket holders. I'd like to be in the same general area of the corner of the upper deck where I am - just maybe a little lower (I'm in row 10 and highest is row 26). It may or may not happen so it will become an annual request until it happens.

Interestingly, along with the cold snap that will be here this week, the Alabama High School football championship games will be held this week here in Tuscaloosa at Bryant Denny Stadium (they alternate years between the Bama and Auburn college stadiums). I attended champ games here in the past when my kids were in the high school band and it will be fun to see more football action. We have 7 levels of football in the state with 7A being the biggest schools. The 7A game is first on Wednesday night (they get the first game on the grass field - by the last game it's pretty chewed up) and then three on both Thursday and Friday (a morning, an afternoon, and an evening game). Tix are cheap so I'll make as many as I can since it's only a 10 minute walk from the house for some fun entertainment.

Bama Ed

PS - and Penn State got their first win of the season (PaHunter DID call it - give the man credit)

See, kids, THIS is why I don't gamble. :sad2: I would lose my shirt. 🎲

I didn't get to see much of the Egg Bowl because I watched more of the aTm-LSU game since the SEC has altered the schedules for the remaining two weeks. Bama plays LSU next so I wanted to get more familiar with them - the game will be in Red Stick.

My Iron Bowl game was pretty decisive in the win for the Tide over Auburn. We did get lucky when an Auburn receiver beat the deep coverage and the qb got him the ball over his shoulder and he just plain dropped it on the run. He was VERY wide open. Otherwise we gave up two field goals and a late trash td. It was the last home game of the year. I would have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall watching Coach Saban watching the game on tv at home. It probably would have been hilarious. :rotfl2:

I think I'm going to request reassignment of my season ticket seat location for the upcoming seasons. If an opening comes up, the ticket office tries to accommodate seat move requests from existing season ticket holders before opening to new ticket holders. I'd like to be in the same general area of the corner of the upper deck where I am - just maybe a little lower (I'm in row 10 and highest is row 26). It may or may not happen so it will become an annual request until it happens.

Interestingly, along with the cold snap that will be here this week, the Alabama High School football championship games will be held this week here in Tuscaloosa at Bryant Denny Stadium (they alternate years between the Bama and Auburn college stadiums). I attended champ games here in the past when my kids were in the high school band and it will be fun to see more football action. We have 7 levels of football in the state with 7A being the biggest schools. The 7A game is first on Wednesday night (they get the first game on the grass field - by the last game it's pretty chewed up) and then three on both Thursday and Friday (a morning, an afternoon, and an evening game). Tix are cheap so I'll make as many as I can since it's only a 10 minute walk from the house for some fun entertainment.

Bama Ed

PS - and Penn State got their first win of the season (PaHunter DID call it - give the man credit)

How cold was it at the Bama/Auburn game, I saw they had the big salamander heaters going on the sidelines ??

How cold was it at the Bama/Auburn game, I saw they had the big salamander heaters going on the sidelines ??

It was mid 60s at the start of the game and mid 50s at the end (I stayed till the clock hit zero). The sun went down during the game so that might have made it feel cooler. I had a sweatshirt (no jacket) and a tshirt underneath and was fine walking to, from, and at the game.

I have frozen my rear end off at Iron Bowls of the past (can get windy too) but last night was pleasant. But as Southerners, PaHunter, our blood thins and we can't handle those cold mid 50s temps :cold: too well.

Bama Ed

PS - now I WILL need to lay on the heavy coats and gloves if I attend the high school evening games when it could be in the 40s.

Lol, thats why i put the treee on the short wall!
But as Southerners, PaHunter, our blood thins and we can't handle those cold mid 50s temps :cold: too well.

Fact. We moved from MO to GA many years ago. We left MO with ice on the road and the highs in the teens. When we arrived in GA it was in the mid-70s and absolutely beautiful. Our new neighbor came over to introduce herself and said we made it just in time before it was going to get nasty tomorrow...It was going to dip into the 50s for a few days. It was quite the introduction to the South and a favorite memory when we lived there.

Today I walked through the University's textbook and souvenir store called "The Supe Store" on campus because they were advertising sales on some outside signs so I checked them out. One caught my eye:

20201130_124621.jpg

#18 is out there somewhere.

Let's see what happens.

Bama Ed

PS - even WITH a 30% discount I don't want to pay what they are asking. :rotfl2:

Gotta fill the coffers to buy that next championship somehow :duck:

Or, if you believe the LSU fans, for The Red Elephant Club (secret booster group) to fund raise for the new Dodge Chargers that we hand out every year to all the 'cruits once they sign. :banana: :car:

Or, if you believe the LSU fans, for The Red Elephant Club (secret booster group) to fund raise for the new Dodge Chargers that we hand out every year to all the 'cruits once they sign. :banana: :car:

they just give fake jobs to players parents.

USM hired Tulane's OC as new head coach.

College football for almost every school is the cash cow to support the entire university athletics. It usually pays for all the athletic scholarships the university has. From football to badminton.

Well, everywhere but Kentucky anyway.

Tulane won Senior Day today!! It was the only game fans were allowed. Alas, we couldn’t attend.

we beat Memphis 35-21. It was our most complete performance of the year and got us to a 6-5 regular season record. Which could have been 9-2 had we not Tulane’d 3 games. I didn’t realize that our freshman QB threw 18 TDs vs 5 INTs. In part because 2 of the INTs were in Overtime. Future looks good

no idea what holds for bowl season, given there aren’t really any rules for it. The most intriguing projection has been Tulane-LSU in Birmingham on New Years Day.

Rumors have us replacing Will Hall as OC with Chip Long, former ND OC, currently an analyst at TN. And also former roommate of Hall

DW's alumnus, K-State, got blown in place 69-31 by Texas. Being a KSU fan by marriage is tough sledding last few years.

My high school alumni though, just won the MO Class 5 championship, 42-7. So some good football occurred in the house today.

Well, 55-17 i think pretty much assures there won't be any Beat Bama Burgers sold this year.

Well, 55-17 i think pretty much assures there won't be any Beat Bama Burgers sold this year.

I'm kinda disappointed with last night's offensive performance, tiggerdad.

- 7 TD drives
- 2 FG drives
- 2 end-of-the-half drives
- 1 fumble
- 1 punt

A PUNT?!?!? We couldn't get a first down against that defense?!?!? I hope Coach has everyone on offense running stadium steps on Sunday afternoon (heck, I'd watch popcorn::). Seriously, another example of the proverbial "mercy knee" invoked at halftime.

Except Devonte #6. The way he went up and snatched that touchdown pass right before halftime, he can sit out the steps.

Bama plays at Arkansas next week and I hope we come through the game healthy and whole for the SEC Championship in Atlanta versus Florida the following weekend.

On a lighter note, I did go to 3 of the 7 high school championship games (one per day) this past week. The first (7A/biggest HS) on Wednesday night had a fantastic finish that made ESPN SportsCenter on Thursday morning. I stayed to watch the whole thing. Thursday's game also had a scrappy come-from-behind finish. Friday I went to a game that had a local team in it (the Gordo Green Wave) who lost, sadly. With the new stadium being built in Birmingham near the Civic Center downtown, the Super 7 (as the high school football championship series is called) will add that location so now it will be a 3 year rotation between Tuscaloosa, Auburn, and Birmingham. Sad that I will only get to binge like this about every third year.

Pluto, congrats on the win. However, I hope Tulane goes bowling elsewhere other than Birmingham. It seems like that game has had some mix of cold/windy/rainy weather the last few years. :cold: But an LSU game would be interesting. Somewhere in Florida maybe?

PTP, yeah best to keep a low profile when DW's alma mater takes another L. Again.

Roll Tide!

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I was disappointed in Bama. I wanted at least 70. The TD catch by Smith was amazing.

I had to google the Gordo Green Wave. I couldn’t find out how they got their nickname. They use the Packers logo.

somewhere in Florida would be better weather. Birmingham is a shorter camper haul if the weather is ok. This all assumes the bowls would allow fans. Or that we get an invite with basically all of the tie ins suspended for the season.

You know with the Bama-LSU game behind us, the folks at SEC Shorts would have an episode about it:

LSU Is Sent Into Battle

Bama Ed

PS - Bama beat the 30 point spread which was an (awful) record in a game for a defending national champion. Which was lucky because Bama coulda scored 30 more. But we are saving those for next year back at BDS.

Well turned the Bama/Arkansas game on just in time to see them score 14 points in 14 seconds. There are now working on a total blowout, 5 min left in the first half and 31-3. Should be at least 38-3 by half time.

Well turned the Bama/Arkansas game on just in time to see them score 14 points in 14 seconds. There are now working on a total blowout, 5 min left in the first half and 31-3. Should be at least 38-3 by half time.

Final ended up being 52-3. I caught the start of the game but then had to leave to go to DD's graduation ceremony - Bama was doing FOUR ceremonies today to allow for social distancing and we had the noon (2nd) ceremony of the day.

But since this is Ala-FREAKIN-bama, they put the game on the big screen of the Coliseum (basketball arena) before the ceremony started:

20201212_114007.jpg

DD walked and I dvr'd the game and will watch it tomorrow.

I'm gonna stay up to to watch LSU-FL and Aub-MissSt tonight. We play FL next week in the SEC Championship and DD got a ticket (student tickets based on # of hrs and since she was a graduating senior, I felt sure she would get one.

Later.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter