College Program Parents Thread...

Ok - trying to contain my excitement....my dd is awaiting the final acceptance from her interview. WHEN she gets accepted to Fall Advantage ......my older daughter lives in Ft. Myers & has an annual pass, so I will most likely just buy one as well. I have a few questions...

I know she can get passes after so many hours....& get s a 10% discount on regular tickets. Would she get any discount on an annual pass for me? I know she would have many friends that would want to come down at various times while she's there so I'm ok with saving her free tickets for them. My understanding is they only get a max of 9 per year anyway...& I plan on being there much more than that.

Do they get any discounts on Cruises thru the hub? I am guessing she has to come with as well? Which is ok, as she is my travel buddy anyway.

What about other Disney properties? DL, DLP? Auluni? I would say Shanghi but not with the virus....I'll pass this year I think.

As long as she stays with me at the resort the discount is 50%?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks for any info...

Yes I am jumping the gun, but we are quite excited
There were new heavily discounted rooms for select nights after the February 13th date. This time they run March through May, so I would say this is ongoing. Hopefully you can take advantage when she gets into the DCP- has she heard yet?

Thank you! This was very helpful! I think I am leaning toward just buying the annual pass for myself, this was I can go into the parks without her & she can meet me if she's off or we can plan to meet later...I'm guessing staying in a resort room might be a nice break for her sometimes too.

The cruises will be tricky...I wonder if there's a way to take a longer cruise like right after she finishes the program next January...kind of a celebration....I will have to dig a bit deeper.

This was something we def explored heavily while DD did DCP (she was there Aug-May).
- Only cruises within the next month or so were available as the deal is to fill ships.
- She had to go with us.
- She was told she would not be given off that many days in a row.
- She was not going to be given off even a few days in that short notice time.
- She is no longer eligible after her last day of work, so after her term not an option.
- She had to be an active CM on day she left on cruise.

That make it almost impossible for DCP to take advantage of this, which I understand.

Been a while since I was on this board but my D was just accepted into the Fall DCP program. Something she always wanted BUT her college program (Education) is such that missing fall classes that are prerequisites for spring would mean she would be set back a whole year. Don't understand that this is the case but she was told the program is small at her school and can;t support summer of break classes. She had to accept to try and work this out with the school but doesn't look promising. I know there is no deferral but would they have a file on her when she applies again (after her senior year)? If she turns it down after accepting, does that not look good?

Been a while since I was on this board but my D was just accepted into the Fall DCP program. Something she always wanted BUT her college program (Education) is such that missing fall classes that are prerequisites for spring would mean she would be set back a whole year. Don't understand that this is the case but she was told the program is small at her school and can;t support summer of break classes. She had to accept to try and work this out with the school but doesn't look promising. I know there is no deferral but would they have a file on her when she applies again (after her senior year)? If she turns it down after accepting, does that not look good?
I’ve got this same question!

There are plenty of kids who either turn down an acceptance or actually begin the program, end up quitting (self-term) and have no problems getting back in at a later date. Disney doesn't seem to keep track of these situations or hold it against the applicant. Your dd could apply to do the program after she graduates.

YAY! My daughter got accepted to Fall Advantage! Animal Kingdom Merchandise - she is beyond excited! That's her favorite park! There does seem to be a glitch in her acceptance though...she can't click "accept" on the offer letter it's not working, like everything below the offer letter is a complete blank :(

She's emailed support so I am sure she will figure it out.

Now to plan.....the 7 months....I am thinking of going once per month...so probably best to invest in an annual pass lol

This was something we def explored heavily while DD did DCP (she was there Aug-May).
- Only cruises within the next month or so were available as the deal is to fill ships.
- She had to go with us.
- She was told she would not be given off that many days in a row.
- She was not going to be given off even a few days in that short notice time.
- She is no longer eligible after her last day of work, so after her term not an option.
- She had to be an active CM on day she left on cruise.

That make it almost impossible for DCP to take advantage of this, which I understand.
Well this stinks! I was hopeful we could make it work somehow

My son was accepted into the Fall Advantage program yesterday. He will accept the offer today. He will be in Merchandise but it doesn't state where.

YAY! My daughter got accepted to Fall Advantage! Animal Kingdom Merchandise - she is beyond excited! That's her favorite park! There does seem to be a glitch in her acceptance though...she can't click "accept" on the offer letter it's not working, like everything below the offer letter is a complete blank :(

Now to plan.....the 7 months....I am thinking of going once per month...so probably best to invest in an annual pass lol
I would definitely get an AP. Waiting for passes and trying to plan with their work schedule is not easy!

I think they get 10% off APs so you might want to hold off a bit.

Would be great if it was a sticky so new parents could easily find it - might build up more parents faster.

I am actually a CP parent on the way out but I can list off the zillion things I thought of in advance - pretty much the same things alot of the kids think about:

Insurance
Car
What to Bring
How much Money
Info about the Area
Banking
Arrival and the Logistics involved
Visiting during the Program
How Extending works
How to work with your college re credits and time off
Etc and Etc

Liz

You know that Disney Cast Members can get 3 family members into the parks as long as they are with them over 14 days a year for free. They need to get the passes.

We got our own annual pass when my DD was a CM. Many times we'd come visit but she was working. Usually she saved the passes for her sister or friends.

My son was accepted into the Fall Advantage program yesterday. He will accept the offer today. He will be in Merchandise but it doesn't state where.

Curious if you son is still reporting. Just read on another forum no Fall CPs. :(

My guess is those fall kiddos are not going :(
My DD was in the Spring 2020 program that was sent home.
I wonder, IF Fall 2020 gets to go, how will they handle the DCPs and their free entry into parks? Being that Disney is limiting capacity, I would think DCPs would lose that privilege of getting into parks. After the Spring Program was cut short, my DD filled out a survey saying she would be willing to come back (doubt Disney will have Spring DCPs back anyway) but she says she wouldn't want to go back if she lost that perk (plus she doesnt think she could handle face masks in that heat).
I hope they let the Fall 2020 kids know soon as, I know from experience, how much money is spent by parents getting the kids to Florida and buying stuff for their apartments. I sure spent a lot on what was supposed to be a 6 month program that ended up only being 2 months.

My DD was in the Spring 2020 program that was sent home.
I wonder, IF Fall 2020 gets to go, how will they handle the DCPs and their free entry into parks? Being that Disney is limiting capacity, I would think DCPs would lose that privilege of getting into parks. After the Spring Program was cut short, my DD filled out a survey saying she would be willing to come back (doubt Disney will have Spring DCPs back anyway) but she says she wouldn't want to go back if she lost that perk (plus she doesnt think she could handle face masks in that heat).
I hope they let the Fall 2020 kids know soon as, I know from experience, how much money is spent by parents getting the kids to Florida and buying stuff for their apartments. I sure spent a lot on what was supposed to be a 6 month program that ended up only being 2 months.
Exactly. Good thinking on them not being given their park pass. Capacity will be an issue for awhile I’m thinking.
My dd’s 6-mo program was 43 days from check in to check out. And yep, a lot of money was spent to make it all happen. Mine wants to go back when the program opens back up and I already told her that she will live as a minimalist while there lol. It was ridiculous how much she took that we then had to scramble to get back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter