College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

My daughter is interested in working for Disney. We live in Canada. Here are our questions:
Is it true that she could only be eligible for the International Exchange Program?
If she does get accepted to the Exchange Program, would it ever turn into a longer term?
Have you ever heard of someone completing the Cultural Exchange Program and then being hired on permanently?

She is very passionate about Disney and would love to work there in any capacity for as long as she can, as a Canadian, what are her best options? How can she prepare now (she's in high school) in order for Disney to choose her.

I have a question- can you apply for spring and spring Advantage separately to increase your chances of making it or is it just one application for both?

I have a question- can you apply for spring and spring Advantage separately to increase your chances of making it or is it just one application for both?
My daughter applied for both Fall and Fall Advantage at the same time, with the same application.

If you make it through the phone interview are you pretty much guaranteed a spot in the program? My daughter applied, did the web interview and had her phone interview on 1/17 and has heard back nothing. Do people get denied after going through the entire interview process? Any insight would be great!

If you make it through the phone interview are you pretty much guaranteed a spot in the program? My daughter applied, did the web interview and had her phone interview on 1/17 and has heard back nothing. Do people get denied after going through the entire interview process? Any insight would be great!
Did your daughter apply for fall or fall advantage as her first choice? I think I read Disney is prioritizing fall advantage apps because they close earlier (and start earlier).
Unfortunately there are many stories of kids going all the way through the interview process and not getting accepted. My dd’s roomie made it all the way through and then was NLIC’ed on the last day. Then she got in the next round! Good luck to your dd! The waiting is so hard!

fall advantage......the waiting is killing all of us! I really want to plan for christmas in disney!! she can really only do the fall semester since she is a track athlete at school and the fall allows her to miss the least amount of her two seasons.

Hi!

I got accepted to the DCP and was wondering how difficult it was/is to get time off because I am supposed to go on the maiden voyage on the Wish in July and would need a week to a week and a half off and was wondering how likely it'd be I get that time off.

Hi!

I got accepted to the DCP and was wondering how difficult it was/is to get time off because I am supposed to go on the maiden voyage on the Wish in July and would need a week to a week and a half off and was wondering how likely it'd be I get that time off.
I’ve heard you get one day off for every month of your program. So a week or a week and a half is sadly very unlikely

My DD was a CP and as above poster said, highly unlikely you’ll get a full week off. Go enjoy your trip you can apply again. Or postpone trip, enjoy CP life!

Hi!

My dd was in the DCP about 9 years ago. She started in January and ended in May but extended to a new role and had to move condo complex too. Extension May to August. We had a cruise booked end of July - two weeks before her program ended. We had no idea she was going to extend when we booked our cruise. I also had flights booked for her thinking she would be home. She really wanted to go on the cruise.

We took a chance - she was never late, never missed a day and picked up extra shifts for others and when asked by management. Somehow it worked out for her and she was given the week off. My DH and I ended up staying an extra week at OKW after our cruise so she could finish her last week, we would help her move out and come home.

There is really no way of knowing. I heard it is very hard. Good luck!!!

I’ve heard you get one day off for every month of your program. So a week or a week and a half is sadly very unlikely
...yes, indeed. My DS was in the DCP January-July 2019. My oldest DS was getting married the first week of May and his younger brother was in the wedding party. He missed the rehearsal dinner [on Friday] and was picked up at the airport early on Saturday [the day of the wedding]. He had to fly back early on Monday. He never took a sick day [except when he split his head open slipping by the pool and subsequently got 7 staples in his head!] because he wound up having a concussion and had a sterling record working at the BC/YC. I guess it's a case-by-case situation....? :confused3

Good idea to start a new one (as the last ended last summer). I am also an alumni, so I can help out with questions as well
Any information you can give is helpful. My daughter is a sophmore in high school and interested. When does she need to start applying? How long is the program for?

Any information you can give is helpful. My daughter is a sophmore in high school and interested. When does she need to start applying? How long is the program for?
My DCP starts next week and I’m happy to answer any questions. So she’s probably going to have to apply a few months ahead of time. For example applications just opened up for summer and fall of this year. I’m not sure how long they’ll be open for. Programs are 4-7 months I believe based on your availability.

It’s also kind of hard to get in. I applied in June for fall semester (availability for August-January) and got rejected in August. Then I applied for winter semester (availability January-June) in October and got accepted after 5 days for February 14th-June 16th.

She does have to be enrolled in college, year does not matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!