Columbia Harbour House - geez, those stairs...

Ugh that is so annoying!! I formally apologize in advance to all the people my daughter spills her drinks on during our next trip, since she is still unsteady with an open cup. UGH!!!!

Maybe I'll grab some extra plastic lids from McDonalds and keep them in my purse....
if they are not the right ones they can be worse than no lid. my small park one year didn't have lids that fit the hot chocolate cups while coffee cups had lids. should have seen parents try to make coffee lids work. saw more spills caused by parents assuming the lids fit. they handed cup to kids and lid came off as they tried to drink. I would bring some kind of sippy cup with attached straw so it I legal in AK which has always had this rule

Haven't been upstairs there, but do eat upstairs at Pinocchio, and, as above - one person carries the food, one the drinks. I am never the drinks person, as I spill IMMEDIATELY upon grabbing the tray. My balance is .... poor.

I didn't know Pinocchio's had an upstairs.

I wonder why CHH doesn't just have one level and outdoor seating/more seating downstairs?

Nooooooo...the upstairs of CHH is my "secret breathing space"! I love to be out of the crowds and in the quiet for a little bit.

Sounds like an upstairs beverage station would be a good idea.

Excellent idea!

If they're worried about people just coming in and filling anything, they could make it run on tokens that they give you at the register when you order your drink.

We took silicone lids with us in December, but found we didn't need them, as most of our drinks were served with lids. Maybe they were just still using up the supply they had?

Anyway, these are the ones I ordered:
https://www.opentip.com/product.php?products_id=8260441

and we tested them on a soda cup from a local fast food place to make sure they fit those, and not just the insulated coffee cups:
silicone lid.jpg

Last edited:

Last March we went in Pinocchio's twice - first time it was really busy in the park and ordering
but it was practically empty upstairs -
Next time grabbed that lime drink across the way and a snack from Pinocchio's and that area was getting roped off for a VIP tour -
So probably hit or miss

Just as an fyi, there is an elevator in CHH. That said, it's by the kitchen area and you need to get a CM to access it.

Ooh- thanks for this. So, if I had my mom in a scooter, we can still eat upstairs? My mom can walk a little but stairs are a no.

Just wondering, after going to MK last week and eating at Columbia Harbour House, has anybody ever taken a tumble down those stairs? I mean, I almost did because when you're carrying a tray with both hands there's no way to take the railing, but fortunately I managed to right myself before I went down.

It got to me to thinking, though, between carrying a full tray in both hands AND that tray holding at least one tall cup full of pop with NO lid on it, how many spectacular falls have happened on those stairs?

So, anybody? Or am I the only almost-klutz?

Go up and down the stairs slowly...

Problem solved...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!