Combining two reservations (one was booked by someone else)

famy27

DIS Veteran
So, here's my situation. I traded my BLT points with a VGC owner for a three-night reservation starting this Friday. I was going to just stay at an off-site hotel for the 4th night, but I put in a waitlist request just in case. To my complete shock, my request was fulfilled yesterday for check-in next Monday (literally the last day until the search would have de-activated). So, I now have two reservation numbers for the same unit type. I'm trying to figure out the best way to combine these reservations so that I don't have to switch rooms. Is it better to call or to do it in person when I check in Friday? If I have to call, do I need the other owner on the line, and is that difficult to do?

First, its best to do this right now rather than wait until you arrive.

The actual mechanics depend on who's points they are. I'm not clear if you have rented points for both stays.
If there are two different owners then you should contact DVC jointly to request that the reservations be linked. If they are all one owner, then it should work out seamlessly. But again I (or the points owner) would be best off contacting DVC to make sure it all shows as one.

First, its best to do this right now rather than wait until you arrive.

The actual mechanics depend on who's points they are. I'm not clear if you have rented points for both stays.
If there are two different owners then you should contact DVC jointly to request that the reservations be linked. If they are all one owner, then it should work out seamlessly. But again I (or the points owner) would be best off contacting DVC to make sure it all shows as one.

The first three nights are the other owner's points; the last night is on my points.

The first three nights are the other owner's points; the last night is on my points.

This is 2 separate memberships if the points were not transferred. I would call MS and ask them to place notes on your check in rez that it is a "continuing rez", and to cross reference the 1st rez on the 2nd one. As long as they are exactly the same category and they MUST be the same, your odds are good at staying in the same room if you have MS place the appropriate comments. And to further increase the odds of staying in the same room, I would call the resort about a week out and let them know both rez #s and that it is a continuous stay.

I called in and had these noted as continuing reservations. Thank you!

:cutie: :cutie: :cutie:

You're most welcome! Please do make a note to call the resort about a week before you arrive to tell them the same. They should have the info well noted, but just to be sure..... plus, the resort wants you to stay in the same room if possible too, it save work for them too! :flower:

My experience was with an Aulani reservation so process may be different but ms told me to call ms at 30 days prior. Ms called resort for me and had the person on property who assigns rooms connect the nights. I had reservations on my own points for beginning and end of the trip. The rental points night was in the middle of stay. They were not able to make it a continuous reservation because I didn’t own the points mid stay but they kept us in same room all nights and slipped new keys under door during the night for the three separate stays. No need to go to front desk or do anything with credit card. Not sure how that process works with magic bands vs at Aulani with card keys but think there’s incentive for resorts to keep you in same room/not have to clean/facilitate a room move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!