Come “Home” to Fresh Groceries! In your cabin.

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
Guests can now pre-order a pantry full of fresh groceries—ready to enjoy the moment they arrive! The Cabins at Fort Wilderness have “pioneered” modern convenience in a rustic setting, including our order-ahead service that allows Guests to “stock up on provisions” days and even months before they arrive!

Choose from a pre-selected list of popular grocery items, like fresh produce, pasta, deli meats, coffee, frozen foods, desserts, snacks and more. Then, submit your order. Your cabin will be stocked with your selections after 5:00 PM on the day you check in—so you can kick back, open a snack, sip on a beverage and relax.

How to Order Groceries
It’s easy to pre-order a full “larder” of delicious staples and goodies. To get started:

Once you’ve made your selections, please send us your grocery order, along with your cabin reservation details. There are 3 easy ways to submit this information:

• Email: WDWFortWildernessGroceryOrder@disney.com
  • Fax: (407) 824-1221
  • Postal Mail: Fort Wilderness Cabins, ATTN: Meadow Trading Post, 4510 North Fort Wilderness Trail, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000
Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to order.

Last edited:
This sounds amazing, but how much does something like this run? We usually do our own grocery shopping when we arrive.

This sounds amazing, but how much does something like this run? We usually do our own grocery shopping when we arrive.

Well the linked PDF form is from 2016 and prices appear to be what you could walk into the Meadow Trading Post and buy stuff in person for. And since it's 2016, the prices are probably higher now in 2018 than what's shown.

So many cabin guests and a few campers order groceries from various online outlets; thus it appears that Disney is having a hissey fit watching those profitable opportunities pass them by.

It's not a financial benefit to you the Disney guest. It's a financial windfall to Disney.

Keep buying groceries before you arrive or comparison shop the best online option for you and your buying pattern. As long as Disney has predatory pricing at their Trading Posts, they're causing themselves to lose revenue.

Their choice. Bama Ed

Yes sir, Bama Ed. I'd agree. Camping at FW is affordable for our family. Ordering groceries would definitely be convenient, but buying them at the Winn Dixie a few min away isn't terrible. Saves a bunch of money.

You still do the signs, Bama Ed? If so, can you PM me the info? Gracias! We leave for FW in 5 days...not looking at getting it before then, but we've been talking about getting one 4 ever!!

I read somewhere that you buy the groceries and it's $10.00 delivery charge. For a few things it would be convenient if you don't have a car.

Guests can now pre-order a pantry full of fresh groceries—ready to enjoy the moment they arrive! The Cabins at Fort Wilderness have “pioneered” modern convenience in a rustic setting, including our order-ahead service that allows Guests to “stock up on provisions” days and even months before they arrive!

Choose from a pre-selected list of popular grocery items, like fresh produce, pasta, deli meats, coffee, frozen foods, desserts, snacks and more. Then, submit your order. Your cabin will be stocked with your selections after 5:00 PM on the day you check in—so you can kick back, open a snack, sip on a beverage and relax.

How to Order Groceries
It’s easy to pre-order a full “larder” of delicious staples and goodies. To get started:

Once you’ve made your selections, please send us your grocery order, along with your cabin reservation details. There are 3 easy ways to submit this information:

• Email: WDWFortWildernessGroceryOrder@disney.com
  • Fax: (407) 824-1221
  • Postal Mail: Fort Wilderness Cabins, ATTN: Meadow Trading Post, 4510 North Fort Wilderness Trail, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000
Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to order.

Awesome this seems so convienent we have an upcoming trip the first 2 weeks of August. Great Tip!

We use this service all the time for our DVC stays. Yes ...... the shopping is done right at the Meadows Trading Post, but for $10 you don't have to hoof the stuff back to your cabin or waste precious park time. we find it to be a great service.

We used Walmart and used a code for free delivery. They actually called to confirm and we had to push back an hour because we were delayed. They delivered as soon we got to the site, so it was perfect. I

We used Walmart and used a code for free delivery. They actually called to confirm and we had to push back an hour because we were delayed. They delivered as soon we got to the site, so it was perfect. I
I like this idea, i may try it. I can get a list together before the trip. So when i get there i can set up the camper and have the stuff come to me for a change. No forgetting stuff this way. ( i sware last trip i bought shampoo. I had to stop at a truck stop to buy 99 cent shampoo for like 7 dollers. Not fun. Eaither was washing my daughters hair with bar soap) i also forgot butter, but i borrowed that from another camper!

We've used Publix and Instacart. Both are great and allow you to shop the store you choose, may be some mark-up but still easier than driving, shopping, loading and unloading.

I like this idea, i may try it. I can get a list together before the trip. So when i get there i can set up the camper and have the stuff come to me for a change. No forgetting stuff this way. ( i sware last trip i bought shampoo. I had to stop at a truck stop to buy 99 cent shampoo for like 7 dollers. Not fun. Eaither was washing my daughters hair with bar soap) i also forgot butter, but i borrowed that from another camper!

I had a running list on Walmart's site for pickup a few months before we decided to use them, so it was nice to have it ready if I needed to add things, or remove things while I changed my mind. The only negative is that I had to pick a time for delivery and I needed more than a day's notice- so I don't think it would be a quick fix.

I actually looked at the list provided on what you could choose from and there was not room to list any notes nor were there list of ingredients in the foods. As a parent of 2 kids who do much better when we limit high fructose corn syrup I would rather the ketchup that I purchase be made wtih sugar both kinds which I know are sold by Heinz (the brand of ketchup listed on the order form). While for my family it is a choice it is not for my teenager's best friend as that child has an allergy to corn. Personally I would rather take the time to figure out how to get to the store myself and do the shopping for the items I need and want so that I can get the specific sub brands I am familiar with where they have them and find acceptable subsitutes where there are not. As I try and figure out if I can borrow enough backpacking egg containers to get eggs on a trip that more in likely would be flying because I am quite partial to what we call Colony Eggs and does the airlines consider raw eggs a liquid or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts