• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

Come Back Rate

Gary M

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a wonderful stay at the WL(Feb. 1-8). I had read about a come back rate, that a person could get while staying at WDW. When we arrived at the WL on Feb. 1, I phoned CRO from my room and asked about getting the come back rate for Dec. 6 -13, 2003. The CM asked for my current reservation number and verified that I was at WDW. I gave the code BAQ and asked for a courtyard view room at the WL for Dec. 6-13. He quoted me a price of $167 per night, including tax. He said this is 40% off rack rate. I took the rate and will be checking to see if anything better comes-up.

The WL was great, as usual. We got the exact room that we asked for. Mousekeeping was good and all CM's were very pleasant.

We just returned Sunday and stayed at ASSp. I called CRO from my room and got the comeback rate for August at the Beach Club for $193.34 incl tax for a standard room, that is 40% off the rack rate value season. Now I hear that Disneyana 2003 is cancelled, oh well, I'm going to keep the room for now, just in case.
Michele

I just got back and used thecomeback rate for a November trip as well. I was disappointed for the AKL rate - $189 a night quoted. We took the ASMovies at $51.74 with taxes and everything included. The total for AKL would have been over $2750 compared to $724.36 for All-star Movies. After spending many a vacation at the deluxe and moderates, we now feel the savings are worth AS, besides my 3 year old loves them. And we can do a lot with the $2000!!!!
:cool: :cool:

When making the ressie they made sure we were still there AND that we did get the door hanger not just using hte code we found on the internet. I found this interesting.

Anyone else experience this?

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Which view at AKL were you asking for? If it was a Savannah view, then the price they quoted you was about 40% off rack rate for that season, which is the same thing Gary M is getting at WL. ~:D~

CRO made sure we were at WL at the time of the call, but didn't ask about the door hanger, which we didn't have.

We also got the come back rate. We stayed at the AKL from the 1st through the 6th and did get the door hanger. We booked a water view room at the YC for our upcoming Aug into Sept trip for $207 a night plus tax. There were no standard view rooms avaiable for our time frame with the rate at the YC. I did not want to book the BC as not all of the rooms have full balconies and this is important to us. This is 40% off of rack rate for a water view room during value season.

I did better before with an AP rate for the same view, so I will wait and see what I can find. We booked the maximum 14 nights, but are trip calls for 15, so I will wait for the AP codes and then take the best rate for the hotel of our choice. May surpise the wife & son and make it a few days at AKL as we all love that place. Just hard to justify the extra moeny when we spend so little time at the resort.

For another July 4th trip I'd do it in a heart-beat as we spent lots of time there swimming and etc.

:cool:

We got a come back rate of $475 for 7 nights at the ASMu for June 21-28. was asked for my reservation number but didn't check for a door hanger.

That's a great rate for WL at that time of the year!

I hope there is some availability for the BAQ code by the time we get there on Thursday, I know it ends on Friday.

Did they require a deposit at the time of the call?

No deposit was required at time of reservation. They gave us 14 days to make the deposit. Standard rooms were not available at the WL for my dates, only wooded and courtyard.

sanddune is getting that great rate because she's checking in on the last day of Value Season... she's no dummy! ~;)~

We added one day for that rate! Oh well one more day at WDW!:rolleyes: Checking in on the 20th would have been $216 with tax!!:eek: :eek:

After learning of this deal upon my return from the World 1/5, I emailed to ask why the rate had not been offered to me. It took over a month for Disney to respond, but when they did, it was to give me the rate for our two weeks in June :) . Gotta love the Mouse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter