Come on Disney, can't I have just a few natural dessert options?

“Even with frozen items, there are so many options out there made with soy, coconut, almond, or oat milk”

I’m always curious when people include these items in a thread about natural foods. The ingredient lists on some of these drinks are long and include many things not found in nature! I get it if you’re allergic to dairy but a dessert made with these wouldn’t be included in my list of natural foods.

“Even with frozen items, there are so many options out there made with soy, coconut, almond, or oat milk”

I’m always curious when people include these items in a thread about natural foods. The ingredient lists on some of these drinks are long and include many things not found in nature! I get it if you’re allergic to dairy but a dessert made with these wouldn’t be included in my list of natural foods.

Depends on the company...I only use the ones with ingredients I can read...so So Delicious is one of my go tos now when I want fake ice cream...they have all of the mouth feel and flavor of ice cream without using a lot of chemicals to get it (especially in their cashew milk based flavors)...but that's not to say I haven't enjoyed a few other company's products, too, but I keep gravitating back:). Salted Caramel Cluster will change your life, b/c caramel is SO hard to get dairy-free at a reasonable price:)...

Now, I don't exclude artificial flavors and colors for myself, but neither now that I am dairy-free do I want to eat products that are just chemically created...it's one reason I still haven't gone for "fake" cheese yet. I just can't imagine how they can come close to a savory item like that...so I have avoided it (although I have made my own bechamel with nutritional yeast and used it in a pretty killer lasagna...not quite perfectly lasagna in flavor, but really good:)...

Sleepy Hollow does a pumpkin spice waffle during parties you can get with or without whipped cream or ice cream. Seemed pretty natural and freshly made when I had it.

I love the panna cotta offered at several restaurants. The only one I can currently recall is FF but do a search and other names might pop up.
Another vote for creme brulee or flan.

Ok, preservatives aside, I don't know why it's so difficult to make things without artificial flavors or colors/dyes and HFCS. I understand that natural food coloring and flavorings can be more expensive, but right now the prices aren't really reflecting the quality.

I also understand that they want things to be more vibrant but gradually, a grocery chain up in the Northeast called Wegmans starting using ONLY natural colors in the bakery and though it took a little while, the colors are now just as vibrant and beautiful as anything artificial but they are all natural and they didn't have to change the prices in their cakes. Just a thought.

the colors are now just as vibrant and beautiful as anything artificial
Gotta disagree. Granted, it's been a while since I paid attention to a Wegmans cake, but that's the most disgusting-looking green-colored frosting. Olive green on a cake? Bleagh! Also, while they may use only natural coloring in their bakery products https://shop.wegmans.com/search?search_term=bakery cake just click on Ingredients of the link doesn't go to that exact page.

I am going to ALWAYS harp on this, but before Ohana got lame, they had the BEST dessert, literally a 1/4 of a pineapple cut up to dip in caramel.....perfect ending to the meal where you stuffed yourself....

Agreed it's hard to handle all the allergies...but it's possible to take a different approach than just "let's give everyone sorbet" at a sit down- if I were designing a menu, I'd do 1 blow out dessert (completely allergy unfriendly), 1 blow out dessert that completely components (so dropping a component could suit a lot of different allergies), 1 vegan dessert (b/c it allows dairy, egg, vegetarians, and vegans all an option in one), 1 gluten-free one...and then the sorbet or fresh fruit dish (ie - the universal one). 5 desserts at a sit down is about the norm...and can be done to make sure everyone has something...

& I would still “have” to choose the sorbet (celiac, plus egg & soy intolerances) 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!