"Come To Mama Shark, Baby Shark" May 2017 BC TR UPDATED 7/21!

iheartbelle87

DIS Veteran

Welcome to my May 2017 TR

DH and I had the BEST time during our six night stay at the Beach Club - lots of relaxation, some rope dropping, laughs, memories and of course, FOOD!

I can’t wait to share all of our fabulous memories with both old and new friends

If you want to read more about how this trip came about and all of my planning obsessions, you can find my PTR here:

"Love is Putting Someone Else’s Needs Before Yours" a May 2017/Beach Club PTR

But don’t worry, I’ll be sure to include the spark notes version of the trip planning if you aren’t up for reading my PTR

And now, I present to you…

“Come to Mama Shark, Baby Shark”

image1 (27).JPG

A Proper Introduction

image1 (29).JPG

I'm Ashlee, aka @iheartbelle87 here on the Disboards, and on the left is my other half, we'll call him DH. Or J. Or Jon. Which ever you prefer really... he responds to almost anything :goodvibes

I'm a 29 year old Disney lover who has turned DH (31) into a Disney addict too! We both recently graduated with our master degrees on 5/18/17 - I obtained my masters in nursing/family nurse practitioner degree and DH received his MBA. DH works as scientist as he also has a bachelor's degree in biotechnology, and I work as an RN in a primary care office. I've been a nurse for 9 years and will hopefully be taking my nurse practitioner boards before the end of the month. Then, its time to find an NP job!

We've been married for almost 6 years (our anniversary is 6/11!) but together for almost 13 years. Soulmates puckerup: Our home base is the north shore of Massachusetts with our little fur baby, a 7 year old Alaskan Klee Kai, and within the next few years we're hoping to add two human babies.

ME
Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Ride: Soarin' Around the World (Kali River Rapids is a close second!)
Favorite TS: Boma
Favorite Character: Belle

DH
Favorite Park: Animal Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Toy Story Mania
Favorite TS: Liberty Tree Tavern
Favorite Character: Grumpy

Me too me too, I'm here!! Welcome back Ashlee!!

We both recently graduated with our master degrees on 5/18/17 - I obtained my masters in nursing/family nurse practitioner degree and DH received his MBA.
I may have said this already but,

party:CONGRATULATIONSparty:
TO BOTH OF YOU!!!

5 Ws

I'm back and SO happy to have familiar faces joining in! Hopefully some new faces will make their way here as well :cutie: For those of you that read my PTR, you may want to skip this part as its repetition. But for anyone else here is the spark note version that I promised of the 5 Ws:

WHO: DH & 1

WHAT: A very long overdue vacation celebrating our recent grad school graduation and our 6th wedding anniversary a little early.

WHEN: May 25th - 21st

WHERE: Disney's Beach Club Resort

Travel Day/Arrival Day

Now that we got the nitty gritty stuff over with... let's get on with the show :worship:

The day we've been counting to was finally here.... May 25th. DISNEY DAY!

I woke up at 3am to shower and get dress with the goal of leaving our house at 3:45am. Yes, I'm one of those people who insists on taking the first flight of the day - and I enjoy every minute of it :drinking:. The night before, DH told me he wasn't going to shower in the morning since he showered before bed... so I woke him up around 3:15am to get dressed and then all we had to do was pack a few last minute items before hitting the road (i.e. toothbrushes, phone chargers, medications).

Well, DH woke up right away. And got in the shower... um hello mister, we need to leave in 30 minutes! By 3:30am I was walking by the bathroom telling '15 minutes til we're in the car!' Then 3:35am came, and I repeated "10 minutes before we need to leave!". Finally the man got out of the shower. At this point I was dressed and ready, waiting at the kitchen table impatiently to hit the road.

DH got dressed quickly and brought our bags down the stairs. As I put my shoes on to head out the door, it was now 3:48am... DH declared he needed to eat a bowl of cheerios because he could not possibly make it the 45 min drive without eating.

My face looked something like this:

eye-roll1.gif

We finally left at 3:58am... and I think DH was scared for his life while he ate those darn cheerios.

Airport : MHT to MCO

We arrived at MHT at 4:50am for our 6:10am flight. By the time we got int the airport it was closer to 5am, but fortunately it only took us 24 minutes to check our bags and get through security. Have I mentioned how nice it is fly out of a smaller airport vs Logan?! AMAZING.

Our boarding passes indicated that boarding would start at 5:40am, but we had letters B25 and B26 (we flew Southwest) so I knew we'd likely be boarding closer to 5:50am. DH was, again, hungry so we walked a little further down the terminal to the only Starbucks which took about 10 min to get through that line - and DH decided he didn't want anything from there, but I got a coffee because this girl has a serious caffeine addiction. On our way back to our gate, DH wanted to stop at Hudson News to get himself a snack. Since we are still gluten free and he has a nut allergy, this took forever. The clock was ticking. 5:53am. We need to GO! FINALLY he chose a cheese stick and a larabar and we made our way to our gate.

Guess what? We missed our boarding section. Passengers with the letter "C" on their boarding pass were getting on the plane. We were able to hop right in line and still grab two seats together... YAY!

Magical Express, Resort Arrival

Our flight was mostly unremarkable except for that fact that DH has motion sickness and he started not feeling too well the last 30 min of the flight, but luckily he powered through it. We landed a few minutes early at 9:03am! Yep, we LANDED a 9:03am!!

DH was, again, hungry. The guy likes to EAT!! I had yet to eat anything so far so I was ready for something in my belly too. Before we board the faux monorail DH wanted to get a snack so we got two smoothies at a place called Green Leafs... or maybe it was Pure Leafs? Anyway, we got two smoothies and made a bathroom stop before heading to baggage claim.

I forgot to take a picture when it was full, but incase your wondering... this is what my strawberry banana smoothie looked like after I consumed half of it :rotfl2:

IMG_2592.JPG

Once we got to baggage claim our bags were already circling around the carousel thanks to our lollygagging.... we then headed back upstairs to Magical Express. FINALLY!

We scanned our magic bands and were directed to line 4... where no one else was waiting. I kept smiling (maybe a little too much?) at the cast members in front of us and then a very nice cast member told us they were going to get us on a bus right away... and they did! WOOT WOOT!

Pretty sure my face looked like this

giphy (2).gif

Magical Express had a few other families on the bus well but within four minutes were on our way! Our driver was Luis and he told us that we would be stopping at the Art of Animation, Pop Century, Yacht Club and finally THE BEACH CLUB!

I could barely contain myself and ask DH to let me take a selfie of us- the only thing DH hates more than selfies, is asking other people to take our pictures so he agreed

image1 (30).JPG

Isn't he just so handsome? :earseek:

Our ME bus had something on all the windows so we couldn't see out of... at leas the movie was good! DH still wasn't feeling too hot and not being able to see out of then windows made it worse. And then 10 minutes into the ride... a little girl starting vomiting. I thought DH was going to join her... but the nurse in me told him that no, he was not allowed to vomit because unlike that girl's parents we don't have a plastic bag. HAHA !

We moved closer to the front of the bus at Pop Century which definitely helped DH but the constant stop and go wasn't helping. When we go to the Yacht Club we decided to get off and just walk over to the BC. The driver tried to convince us to stay on, but we convinced him we'd be ok.

We were immediately greeted by another Luis, the greeter at the Yacht Club. NICEST MAN EVER! We quickly explained that we were just passing by and not staying at the YC. Luis said no problem, that we could check in here at the YC and walk over to the BC. I agreed and a lovely cast member named Paul checked us in, wished up Happy Anniversary, gave us anniversary pins and we were on our way our room.

The walk was about 5 minutes and completely got rid of DH's motion sickness! I had requested a room that faced the water and had a full balcony and was very excited to see what we got.

Room 2616- Full balcony, two queen beds and a view of a roof. We weren't complaining tho, we got what we paid for!

IMG_0071.JPG

image1 (32).JPG
image1 (31).JPG image2 (9).JPG
(ignore our messy room.. I took these on our third day)

Up next... Arrival Day, Part 2: Yes, We'll Take All The Food

Last edited:
Well, DH woke up right away. And got in the shower... um hello mister, we need to leave in 30 minutes!

Josh is like that too :rotfl: We usually take his mom's car to the airport (and his brother) and then his brother drives the car back. He's supposed to get it the night before, but this trip he wanted to get it the morning of. But he took a little longer than he was supposed to, and I was sitting there with all the bags like "where are you?!"

DH declared he needed to eat a bowl of cheerios because he could not possibly make it the 45 min drive without eating.

My face looked something like this:

eye-roll1-gif.242133

:rotfl: Josh doesn't usually eat until we get there, but I always grab in the airport. But there's no way we have time for Cheerios!

Josh is like that too :rotfl: We usually take his mom's car to the airport (and his brother) and then his brother drives the car back. He's supposed to get it the night before, but this trip he wanted to get it the morning of. But he took a little longer than he was supposed to, and I was sitting there with all the bags like "where are you?!"

BOYS! Love them... but sometimes... lol.

Josh doesn't usually eat until we get there, but I always grab in the airport. But there's no way we have time for Cheerios

Maybe next trip I'll buy granola bars to put in the car instead lol

Joining in! I love the Beach Club and Yacht Club, especially Stormalong Bay and yummy Sunken Treasures from Hurricane Hanna's! Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures!

My family always takes the earliest flight into Orlando too!! I love starting our vaca as early as possible :thumbsup2

The BC is soooo beautiful!! When we decided to stay there when I was in 5th grade, I was a bit disappointed because I was obsessed with both the Lodges. But, as soon as we walked on property, I was in love!!!

Hi! We had our girls trip at Beach Club from May 25th - June 4th. What a fabulous resort. Cant wait to hear all about your trip!

Joining in! I love the Beach Club and Yacht Club, especially Stormalong Bay and yummy Sunken Treasures from Hurricane Hanna's! Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures!

Welcome!!

My family always takes the earliest flight into Orlando too!! I love starting our vaca as early as possible :thumbsup2

The BC is soooo beautiful!! When we decided to stay there when I was in 5th grade, I was a bit disappointed because I was obsessed with both the Lodges. But, as soon as we walked on property, I was in love!!!

Agree, the BC is just so beautiful!! It's just so perfect!

Hi! We had our girls trip at Beach Club from May 25th - June 4th. What a fabulous resort. Cant wait to hear all about your trip!

OOO fun!! I hope your girls trip went well! So glad to have you here

I'm here!! I'm here!

Excited to see how your trip went!!

Yay!! And same to you!!

Hi!! Excited to read all about your trip! Most excited to hear about how you enjoyed the Beach Club!

WElCOME! We LOVED the BC! Stay tuned for more!

I'm joining in! So excited to hear about your BC stay!!

Yay, welcome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter