Coming Back to the Boards

Tink's Tormentor

DIS Veteran
Good evening everyone. I haven't been active around here in, what looks like almost 10 years. Wow! I used to read Disboards all the time, among several other sites. But, like others, I kind of stepped away from the Disney fan sites. But, I missed it honestly. And with life taking several unhappy turns since then, I really want to get back into my mindset from years past. The mindset of enjoying Disney with other like-minded people. I need to get active on the sites again. I need to sit back, play Disney music in the background, and just get lost.

I'll soon be discussing an upcoming trip, or two if all works out. And maybe, if I can remember (also if I have time), maybe I will share my last trip, October 2023, with everyone.

Just really wanted to say hello, and say it feels good to get back on Disboards!

Welcome back! I too, like you have been absent for awhile. Now I’m in my 70s and enjoy Disney just like everyone else. :welcome:

Welcome back! We hope you find good info here for your upcoming trip. As you might guess, much has changed since you were first on the boards. Lots to learn!

I too have been absent from the boards for awhile. It was 2018 for our last trip.
DD will be graduating in 2025, so we figured one last family trip before she's graduated and off to college. DS is 22 and moved out a few years ago, but will be coming with us this time as well.
The summer will go extremely fast (due to we also run an ice cream truck in the summer) but we look forward to coming back home in August (yes, I know... hotter than blazes - but that's ok. I've only ever known August to visit due to the kids' school schedules.) I guess once DD has graduated and off to college, maybe DH and I will have to plan a trip for ourselves.... (maybe for our 20th anniversary)....
Now that the holidays are over, and things have settled down, I can find time to really get into the boards again before ice cream season kicks in. I know before, DH and I used to grab our laptops, prop ourselves up in bed, and we each used to scroll through the forums looking for tidbits to learn for our next trip. Heck, I even remember staying up until all hours on the forms, posting messages with others until the nightly backups would kick us off. I loved that! And I love these forums. Much more than the facebook group. Then again, I'm old and remember life before Facebook.

DAK.png

Coming back home - August, 2024

I found Disboards when we were first planning at trip that it turned out we never went on, but I kept coming back because I thought the interaction was genuine- that people legit wanted to help and provide pointers and tips and talk about their interest in Disney. Then once a couple years had past and we were back in travel mode I came back and was glad to see the interaction was still high and a generally friendly corner of the internet. Welcome back!

I too have been absent from the boards for awhile. It was 2018 for our last trip.
DD will be graduating in 2025, so we figured one last family trip before she's graduated and off to college. DS is 22 and moved out a few years ago, but will be coming with us this time as well.
The summer will go extremely fast (due to we also run an ice cream truck in the summer) but we look forward to coming back home in August (yes, I know... hotter than blazes - but that's ok. I've only ever known August to visit due to the kids' school schedules.) I guess once DD has graduated and off to college, maybe DH and I will have to plan a trip for ourselves.... (maybe for our 20th anniversary)....
Now that the holidays are over, and things have settled down, I can find time to really get into the boards again before ice cream season kicks in. I know before, DH and I used to grab our laptops, prop ourselves up in bed, and we each used to scroll through the forums looking for tidbits to learn for our next trip. Heck, I even remember staying up until all hours on the forms, posting messages with others until the nightly backups would kick us off. I loved that! And I love these forums. Much more than the facebook group. Then again, I'm old and remember life before Facebook.

View attachment 836874
Coming back home - August, 2024
Hi - sorry that this is off topic but can you tell me where I find the image/banner that you have in your signature? I've been trying to figure out where to find them... Thanks!

Welcome back! I have been away for 12 or so years myself. But have a trip coming up in a few weeks and I wanted to jump back in. It feels great to be back. Enjoy your trip!

Welcome back! I have been away for 12 or so years myself. But have a trip coming up in a few weeks and I wanted to jump back in. It feels great to be back. Enjoy your trip!
Hope you enjoy your trip as well. Making two trips actually, June and September. I usually do one big one in October, for 2 weeks. Splitting it this year.

I really want to get back to the Disney fan forums I used to read and participate in. But some of them aren't as active as they used to be. I need to find Disney music on the internet as well. I have a few apps and sites saved, and I know there used to be stations on Live 365, which I also know no longer has Disney stations.

Ah, the good old days.

Welcome back!:jumping1:

As far as Disney music online: Spectro Radio has their own site where you can play music. Same with Sorcerer Radio which has 5-6 different channels to choose from. And then Subsonic.

Enjoy! :goodvibes

Welcome back!:jumping1:

As far as Disney music online: Spectro Radio has their own site where you can play music. Same with Sorcerer Radio which has 5-6 different channels to choose from. And then Subsonic.

Enjoy! :goodvibes
Subsonic and Spectro, I have to check them out. I know about Sorcerer Radio. Even have their app. DParks Radio (and their app), and Kungaloosh Radio. Thanks for the recommendations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter