"Commando" FAMILY WDW VACATION (OCT 1-OCT10) - DAY 1 - PICTURE ADDED

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
We arrived back home on Monday night from a great (& very wet!) Disney vacation. It was me, DH, & our 3 kiddies (dd9,ds6,& dd4). This was our 5th family trip & we had planned some "new" things we had never done before like MNSSHP, the family magic tour, & some resort hopping. We were on the free dining plan & it was great but we couldn't eat all the food!

Day 1- Saturday October 1
Arrived at MCO at 9am. We were greeted by the ME cast members & took the bus to POR. We were at the resort lobby by 10:30 but out room wasn't ready so we ate breakfast at Boatwright’s. & then went over to DTD. The kids loved Mickey Mart & all got the surprise bags which had really cute toys in them. They all got Mickey ear hats (ds got the golden Mickey ears, oldest dd got the sorcerer hat, & youngest dd got the pink sequined princess hat). We got a lot of souvenir shopping done. We had taken the boat to DTD & while riding to DTD it started to pour like crazy. I didn't think we'd need our ponchos that quickly into out vacation! After our shopping was done we took the bus to the contemporary to Chef Mickey’s for dinner at 5pm. The buffet has changed a little from our last visit but still yummy. The potatoes were good but I loved the pasta with an alfredo/asiago cheese sauce...desserts were great especially the chocolate mouse cake. The character came over & signed autographs. It was a great way to start our vacation...The kids wanted to go on Splash Mountain but it was super crowded & we waited about 30 minutes to get on...we got to see Pocahontas that night & she was my kids first autograph.. Everyone was pooped so we went back to out room at POR. This was our first stay at POR & it was nice. I had requested building 14 & they were able to accommodate us. Great location near the main building. There were little lizards, bunnies, ducks. & chipmunks running around. One night there was a frog on our door. We are from NY so we don't see that all the time. The kids loved the little critters there. My only issue with POR was the bus service & the mousekeeping. The buses in the am were crowded but there is no line..just a mob scene to get on. Coming home was almost impossible..we had to wait for 2 buses to come one night & the first got filled right away. The kids were tired, hot, wet, & cranky so it wasn't pretty..We all got real tired of the buses real fast so the rest of the week we went to a resort at the end of the day & took a cab back to POR. Mousekeeping at POR (for us) was making the beds & emptying the garbage bags. I didn't bother too much because I had brought lysol wipes & cleaned everything when I got there so I knew it was clean. We could also hear the toilets flush at night which wasn't very magical. :laughing: Other than that it was a pretty resort with lots to do besides sleep there which was nice. An added bonus for the POR was the beds & pillows were super comfy which was great after long days of "commando" style touring. Also the CM's at POR were very helpful & friendly. Bottom line, we would stay there again but only if there is a good deal being offered.

The next day we would head to the Magic Kingdom & breakfast with Cinderella! (and unfortunately our worst ever dinner at WDW) To be continued...

Added picture...just to show you the crowd level.

WDW2005-006.jpg

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

Great report!

Call that a crowd though? Should have seen the poeple pouring in on Easter Sunday - we wisely got the monorail to resort hop instead ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter