*Complete* Sit back, Relax as the Dining Room presents Your Dinner Oct 30-Nov 6

What a great report!! :goodvibes I am really enjoying it- your balcony was awesome!!! I hope you were able to enjoy it alot. You ate so many things that were different than what we had, it's great to see (and hear) what the rest of the cuise food was like- although we really thought the food was very good on this cruise. :thumbsup2

can't wait for more!:cheer2:

Trisha, this is so awesome, keep it coming!

I lost a lot of pictures, I think it is a glitch in my memory card (hopefully) or my camera (hopefully not!), including all of our food pics from the first night so I'm enjoying reliving what we ate through your TR. (OK now I'm hungry!!!)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We had a similar problem - I don't have any pictures of Pirate night because I changed memory cards and there was something wrong with the new one I put in. Good thing I always travel with 5 or 6 memory cards. ;)

love all the food pictures, makes me hungry each time I read:lmao:

More pictures coming up shortly.

What a great report!! :goodvibes I am really enjoying it- your balcony was awesome!!! I hope you were able to enjoy it alot. You ate so many things that were different than what we had, it's great to see (and hear) what the rest of the cuise food was like- although we really thought the food was very good on this cruise. :thumbsup2

can't wait for more!:cheer2:
That's one of the nice things about travelling as a group of 3 adults, we can try so many different dishes :banana:

So before heading off for a few hours of shopping, we stopped and had breakfast in the diningroom (lumiere's). I was supposed to go on a tour today but Cozumel was actually 2 hours behind ship time and the tour would have left at 12:00pm ship time and was supposed to be 5.5 hours and I figured it was just cutting it too close. Plus, it was super hot and I just wasn't feeling like a day of drinking.

Anyways - breakfast:

Vegetable Frittata - this was okay but used powdered eggs and some odd vegetables.

DisneyCruise1241.jpg

My Dad's standard two pancakes:

DisneyCruise1242.jpg

Scrambled eggs, bacon, hash brown, ham, sausage:

DisneyCruise1245.jpg

Waffles with dulce de leche cream:

DisneyCruise1244.jpg

I think this was the beast's breakfast - it was eggs, fried onions, baked beans served on a piece of bread. I don't know why but it wasn't what I was expecting.

DisneyCruise1243.jpg

By the adult pool - a couple more drinks:

Pineapple Mojito and a Pina Colava

DisneyCruise1252.jpg

Room Service lunch:

Steak Sandwich:

DisneyCruise1254.jpg

Tuna in Brioche:

DisneyCruise1255.jpg

Cheese Plate:

DisneyCruise1253.jpg

Cake of the day:

DisneyCruise1256.jpg

This food report is absolutely FOODTASTIC:thumbsup2 I just got off the Freedom Of the Seas and it made me appreciate Disney’s Cruise line food that much more! The first night they had Sea Bass on the menu I ordered it and what they brought me I will never know:scared1:, but what I did know was that it was not Sea Bass. The Sea Bass on the Wonder was one of my favorite meals. I will be trying Carnival again; I hope that you do a food report on that trip. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on Carnival’s Food. Thank you for sharing I can’t wait to set sail on the Disney Dream next year!
PS. I just love the way that you are with your parents!!!

Great report! We leave 2 months from today on our first cruise....so I'm trying to take it all in! Thanks for sharing!

Wow, PrincessTrisha, that is one tasty trip report!

I'm leaving for the Western also on January 22nd and you've been a great help! The two friends I'm going with were already advised of my "We must order different items and take pictures before eating" rule and are completely afraid of me now! :rotfl2:

Please tell us which drinks were great and which not so much. Also, I saw you mention a rhum floater, was it because the drinks were too weak?

Thanks a bunch for doing all this! :worship:

This food report is absolutely FOODTASTIC:thumbsup2 I just got off the Freedom Of the Seas and it made me appreciate Disney’s Cruise line food that much more! The first night they had Sea Bass on the menu I ordered it and what they brought me I will never know:scared1:, but what I did know was that it was not Sea Bass. The Sea Bass on the Wonder was one of my favorite meals. I will be trying Carnival again; I hope that you do a food report on that trip. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on Carnival’s Food. Thank you for sharing I can’t wait to set sail on the Disney Dream next year!
PS. I just love the way that you are with your parents!!!

I really loved most of the fish dishes on the Magic. I'll certainly be doing a review for my Carnival Dream cruises (back to back in March). But they'll be posted on another "cruise" board that's very "critic"al :rotfl:. I post over there a meatloafsfan.

Love the report! My mouth is watering lol!

I should have some more mouth water pics up this afternoon. :thumbsup2

Great report! We leave 2 months from today on our first cruise....so I'm trying to take it all in! Thanks for sharing!

My best advice after doing my "first cruise" is RELAX. The first couple of days I felt guilty because I didn't go to the shows or events. Once I realized that it was okay to just relax and read and swim and drink, I had a great cruise.

Wow, PrincessTrisha, that is one tasty trip report!

I'm leaving for the Western also on January 22nd and you've been a great help! The two friends I'm going with were already advised of my "We must order different items and take pictures before eating" rule and are completely afraid of me now! :rotfl2:

Please tell us which drinks were great and which not so much. Also, I saw you mention a rhum floater, was it because the drinks were too weak?

Thanks a bunch for doing all this! :worship:
The rum floater was a bonus from "John". I just ordered a regular Pina Colada. Best advice is to find a server or bartender and stick with him (or her). The drinks of the day were a good value and keep an ear out for drink specials (as we were leaving Grand Cayman, they had 2 for 1 DOD's and I hear that around 2pm on Castaway Cay they also offer 2 for 1). I also preferred to order drinks from outside bars because I liked the size of glass better than from indoor places (which seemed to use tall, thin glasses which to me held less but that may have been an illusion). Oh, and watch your bills, most of the time I was never charged the same price twice for the same drink.

Sorry no pictures from Pirate Night. I changed memory cards just before dinner and for some reason the card didn't save any of them! :scared1: Everything seemed fine when taking the picture, it would show them on the screen just like usual, but when I went to review - no pictures. Gone are the food and the Pirate Party photos :sad2:

I can tell you that I wasn't thrilled with this menu. It was difficult for my mom to find something that she'd like and could eat. She's allergic to crab and calamari (so the conch was out as well since she's never had it and didn't want to risk a reaction). And anything spicy is out for her as well. She ordered the grilled shrimp and scallops with pasta. It was okay but not great - the shrimps and scallops were very "fishy" tonight.

This was the only meal where I didn't eat one of the entrees. I ordered the beef short ribs and the mahi mahi. The sauce on the short ribs was too sweet but otherwise this meal was "okay". The macadamia nut dusted mahi mahi did not taste good at all. I was hoping it would be what they used to serve at Kona (so, so good) but it was kind of heavily crusted and just had an off flavour.

My dad got the beef short ribs and the sirloin of beef. He felt the same way about the ribs as I did. His beef came out over cooked tonight (well done) but he wasn't in the mood to complain to the server or wait for another one.

On this night, after reviewing the menu I can't even remember if we ordered dessert. Nothing jumps out at me - so if we did, it wasn't memorable.

When I got up this morning, I wasn't feeling too great. I was going to skip the breakfast so my parents went. After they left I starting feeling like I should go (cause you only get one chance at it) so I put on my swimsuit and a coverup dress and went down to Parrot Cay.

My parents had already ordered but our servers had no problem getting me something to eat.

My mom started with fruit and yogurt:

DisneyCruise2003.jpg

It was a little strange because the fruit was cut up into tiny pieces but it tasted fine.

My dad started with his traditional "2 pancakes"

DisneyCruise2005.jpg

For their entrees they each got a plate of hot food as well:

My dad went with the "Can't decide?"

DisneyCruise2004.jpg

My mom had the Hawaiian Shores

DisneyCruise2007.jpg

I just had fruit and rye toast (sorry no picture).

Let's face it - you don't go to a character meal on board the ship for the food. It was passable but not something I'd rush back for. The characters are great though!

DisneyCruise2006.jpg

DisneyCruise2009.jpg

DisneyCruise2008.jpg

DisneyCruise2010.jpg

This was actually my last meal until Friday night. I went from not feeling well to GREEN. I must have picked up a stomach bug because I spent the next day and a half in bed and felt absolutely awful all the way home (let me tell you, driving for two days feeling like you're going to hurl is no fun).

There are more pictures though because my parents were troupers and still managed to munch their way along the rest of the cruise.

The rum floater was a bonus from "John". I just ordered a regular Pina Colada. Best advice is to find a server or bartender and stick with him (or her). The drinks of the day were a good value and keep an ear out for drink specials (as we were leaving Grand Cayman, they had 2 for 1 DOD's and I hear that around 2pm on Castaway Cay they also offer 2 for 1). I also preferred to order drinks from outside bars because I liked the size of glass better than from indoor places (which seemed to use tall, thin glasses which to me held less but that may have been an illusion). Oh, and watch your bills, most of the time I was never charged the same price twice for the same drink.

Thank you for the tip on sticking on one bartender, I'll look around for the cutest one! :rotfl: Maybe I'll check for John!

I have to say, you look so happy in the last pictures... And your Mom looks so mischievous! :tongue:

Your opinion confirms what I felt with the Pirate menu, so I'm happy I chose this night to go eat at Palo! :woohoo:

Thanks for the nice details, your TR rocks!

Thank you for the tip on sticking on one bartender, I'll look around for the cutest one! :rotfl: Maybe I'll check for John!

I have to say, you look so happy in the last pictures... And your Mom looks so mischievous! :tongue:

Your opinion confirms what I felt with the Pirate menu, so I'm happy I chose this night to go eat at Palo! :woohoo:

Thanks for the nice details, your TR rocks!

John is a great server. He called me by name after the first day. He's also very cute ;)

Our first exploration of the "fast food" on deck 9 was highly successful.

After my dad found me by the adult pool, he asked what there was to eat. After explaining some of the options, he wandered back there and picked up food for the both of us.

My Dad got the Ceasar Chicken Sandwich.

The fries were incredible!

I told my dad I didn't care what we got but I wanted fries. I could smell them as people would bring them by and wow - did they smell good. They were hot, fresh fried, and not salty.

Did you get the Ceasar Chicken Sandwich at the same place as the cheeseburger? I think our daughter would just LOVE that!

We always get a basket of chicken fingers and fries for our family to share at the sail away party. I totally agree with you that the fries are delish! I'm really enjoying your pics!

I'm so sorry you got sick on your vacation, that stinks.

Thanks. I was just glad that I'd packed pretty much the entire medicine cabinet because at least that gave me some relief.

Did you get the Ceasar Chicken Sandwich at the same place as the cheeseburger? I think our daughter would just LOVE that!

We always get a basket of chicken fingers and fries for our family to share at the sail away party. I totally agree with you that the fries are delish! I'm really enjoying your pics!

Yes - the chicken ceasar sandwich comes from the same place as the burgers. The chicken is a little spicy but very good. I believe you can also get it without the ceasar stuff as well.

After going out galavanting (I know I went to see a movie but not sure where my parents ended up), we all ended up back in the room. I needed a "nap" (ended up in bed until 5pm the next day) but my parents ordered room service.

My dad had the lasagna. He said this was very good and he wishes he had tried it earlier in the week because he would have liked to have it a few times.

DisneyCruise2015.jpg

My mom had the ham and turkey and cheese sandwiches with chips. She liked the sandwich but didn't eat most of the bun.

DisneyCruise2014.jpg

My dad had the cake of the day. I think it was a mocha something.:confused3

DisneyCruise2013.jpg

My mom had two oatmeal cookies. These were big and soft. They went very well with her hot tea. These were something I wished we'd tried earlier in the week.

DisneyCruise2012.jpg

I can't believe I missed the dinner I was most looking forward to all week! I missed my lobster tail! :scared1:

My parents went anyways....

Bread:

DisneyCruise2022.jpg

Shrimp:

DisneyCruise2023.jpg

Salad:

DisneyCruise2025.jpg

Chicken with fettecini:

DisneyCruise2027.jpg

Blue cheese risotto:

DisneyCruise2028.jpg

Panko Breaded Pork Cutlet:

DisneyCruise2029.jpg

My dad also ordered the venison but wasn't too thrilled with it. He said it was the one menu that didn't have any beef on it :confused3 Checking the online menus, that's correct and surprising!

I have no pictures of desserts from this night so I'm assumiing that they didn't get any. :rolleyes1

Our assistant server was so concerned about me missing dinner that he walked my parents down to the cabin and brought me a lobster tail dinner. I took the lid off and looked at it - it was a big, beautiful, meaty looking tail. One whiff though had me running to the bathroom :sick: Biggest disappointment of the trip - missing my lobster.:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter