*Complete* Sit back, Relax as the Dining Room presents Your Dinner Oct 30-Nov 6

I am so sorry you missed your lobster, that is the best dinner on the Ship!! Your report has been very enjoyable and I am looking forward to the rest. I am glad you got to enjoy most of the food on your cruise!! Karyn

I really loved most of the fish dishes on the Magic. I'll certainly be doing a review for my Carnival Dream cruises (back to back in March). But they'll be posted on another "cruise" board that's very "critic"al :rotfl:. I post over there a meatloafsfan.

I should have some more mouth water pics up this afternoon. :thumbsup2

My best advice after doing my "first cruise" is RELAX. The first couple of days I felt guilty because I didn't go to the shows or events. Once I realized that it was okay to just relax and read and swim and drink, I had a great cruise.

The rum floater was a bonus from "John". I just ordered a regular Pina Colada. Best advice is to find a server or bartender and stick with him (or her). The drinks of the day were a good value and keep an ear out for drink specials (as we were leaving Grand Cayman, they had 2 for 1 DOD's and I hear that around 2pm on Castaway Cay they also offer 2 for 1). I also preferred to order drinks from outside bars because I liked the size of glass better than from indoor places (which seemed to use tall, thin glasses which to me held less but that may have been an illusion). Oh, and watch your bills, most of the time I was never charged the same price twice for the same drink.

meatloafan I am with you I am kimmie36 I will be looking for you, keep up the good work!!!

Sorry no pictures from Pirate Night. I changed memory cards just before dinner and for some reason the card didn't save any of them! :scared1: Everything seemed fine when taking the picture, it would show them on the screen just like usual, but when I went to review - no pictures. Gone are the food and the Pirate Party photos :sad2:

My pics from that night are not the greatest, we have mostly video.

cRUISEoCT2010263.jpg

I can tell you that I wasn't thrilled with this menu.

I'm not either- it is my least favorite by far. We actually used to go to Palo on Pirate Night.

It was difficult for my mom to find something that she'd like and could eat. She's allergic to crab and calamari (so the conch was out as well since she's never had it and didn't want to risk a reaction). And anything spicy is out for her as well. She ordered the grilled shrimp and scallops with pasta. It was okay but not great - the shrimps and scallops were very "fishy" tonight.

This was the only meal where I didn't eat one of the entrees. I ordered the beef short ribs and the mahi mahi. The sauce on the short ribs was too sweet but otherwise this meal was "okay". The macadamia nut dusted mahi mahi did not taste good at all. I was hoping it would be what they used to serve at Kona (so, so good) but it was kind of heavily crusted and just had an off flavour.

Agreed- we tried that one time as well and it was soggy and mushy and like you said had a strange taste.

My dad got the beef short ribs and the sirloin of beef. He felt the same way about the ribs as I did. His beef came out over cooked tonight (well done) but he wasn't in the mood to complain to the server or wait for another one.

I do have one pic for you, most of what we selected was not what you ate that evening. But I believe this is the sirloin of beef:
cRUISEoCT2010227.jpg

On this night, after reviewing the menu I can't even remember if we ordered dessert. Nothing jumps out at me - so if we did, it wasn't memorable.
We had Mickey Bars and I had the Walk the Plank Triple Layered Chocolate cake, but since I hadn't eaten my dinner I must have eaten it too fast to have gotten a picture!!! :rotfl:

I do have some of the dining room limbo!!! :thumbsup2

cRUISEoCT2010237.jpg

Your character breakfast pictures are great!!! I am so sorry you took ill the next day!!! :sad2: That stinks!!!!

I am so sorry you missed your lobster, that is the best dinner on the Ship!! Your report has been very enjoyable and I am looking forward to the rest. I am glad you got to enjoy most of the food on your cruise!! Karyn

Almost finished - I have one more dinner to go.

My pics from that night are not the greatest, we have mostly video.

I'm not either- it is my least favorite by far. We actually used to go to Palo on Pirate Night.
Agreed- we tried that one time as well and it was soggy and mushy and like you said had a strange taste.

I do have one pic for you, most of what we selected was not what you ate that evening. But I believe this is the sirloin of beef:

We had Mickey Bars and I had the Walk the Plank Triple Layered Chocolate cake, but since I hadn't eaten my dinner I must have eaten it too fast to have gotten a picture!!! :rotfl:

I do have some of the dining room limbo!!! :thumbsup2

Your character breakfast pictures are great!!! I am so sorry you took ill the next day!!! :sad2: That stinks!!!!

thanks for your pictures. We're doing b2b 4/3 night cruises on the Dream next year (Oct 30 / Nov 3). I think there is a Pirate night on the 4 day - if so, I'm going to try to get Palo's for that night. For us, once is enough.

I stayed in bed almost all day - no castaway cay for me :sick:. My parents did go for a little while (to give me peace to sleep). I know they had hotdogs at some point today (which they proclaimed as really, really good) but I don't know what else.

By the time dinner rolled around, I'd taken enough medication to stop most of the symtoms and was feeling a little light headed so my parents suggested I go to dinner to eat something. If I started feeling unwell, I could always leave. I also wanted to deliver the tip envelopes to our outstanding wait team.

For starters:

Lobster bisque. My dad joked that they probably made this out of all of the bits of lobster that came back after last night's dinner. That's doubtful but it is believable that they use the un-served lobster tails to make it.

DisneyCruise2032.jpg

Grilled chicken satay. Both of my parents ordered this. It was good, with a little spice.

DisneyCruise2033.jpg

For entrees:

Lamb sirloin (sorry - blurry picture). My mom enjoyed the lamb and potatoes. The bacon that wrapped the green beans was woefully undercooked which made her set the vegetables aside since she didn't want to eat the beans that were touching the "close to raw" bacon.

DisneyCruise2034.jpg

My Dad ordered the grilled tenderloin - two steaks, one plate (didn't want the extra sides. The steaks were perfect - very tender and juicy. He loved them both. The "William Potato" however was declared the blandest thing on the cruise - it was cute however, shaped like a pear.

DisneyCruise2035.jpg

Considering I wasn't feeling well, I was surprised when I still ordered to entrees. I just wasn't sure what I'd be able to handle and I knew the one would be popular with the table anyways....

I ordered the seafood pasta with a white wine sauce. This was so good. I had maybe two or three bites of the pasta and the piece of lobster. My mom and dad ate the shrimps and scallops off of it. This dish was very good and I really wish I was feeling better because I could have easily finished this.

DisneyCruise2037.jpg

The second thing I ordered was the Portobello Moussaka. It was okay but I mostly stuck to eating the mashed potatoes on top. I ordered it because I love moussaka (especially vegetable moussaka) but I shouldn't have gotten it. It's one of those cases were we have such an abundance of greek food here at home, I should have avoided dishes that I knew would not live up to my expectations.

DisneyCruise2038.jpg

For dessert my mom got whatever the sundae was for that night (sorry I don't recall the flavour - but it was obviously something with chocolate)

DisneyCruise2041.jpg

And my dad ordered the chocolate decadance:

DisneyCruise2042.jpg

Since we had such a long drive ahead of us, we decided to skip breakfast and we were debarked the ship around 7:15am (among the first). We had a porter grab our luggage and breezed through customs (one good thing about being a non resident - since we weren't leaving anything in the US, we didn't have to declare any purchases at that time) and the porter brought our luggage right to the car (we were parked in the lot right across the street, first row). From the time we left our cabin to pulling out of the parking it was an hour total. Very easy, very smooth.

We stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the highway for real coffee and spent Saturday and Sunday on the road home.

My only regret is because I got sick at the end of the trip a) I missed my lobster tail and b) I didn't book another trip on board.

things worked out okay though - Disney sent me an offer for 10% off another cruise (if booked by January 5th) so we're now booked on B2B cruises on the new Disney Dream Oct 30 & Nov 3 next year, Category 5E Cabin 5552 (another wheelchair accessible balcony). Very happy about the two stops at Castaway Cay!

Thanks for the great report. I hope you do one for your Dream cruises next year. Karyn

So happy you still got to book your cruises- a BTB sounds heavenly!!

I had that pasta the last night, too- it was delicious! One of my favorite things all week.:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for your pics- and again- so sorry you got sick on the cruise!:hug:

Sorry to hear your were sick! My DD was sick on our first cruise but it was at 3am on debark day. That was fun getting home! As for the lobster I am allergic but I am sure they will find something for me:thumbsup2 Loved the report and sad to hear it's over popcorn::

Trisha, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful report with all of us. It was great to read about all of your delectable delights from the cruise, and bring back all those great memories....wishin' I could have a Mickey Bar right about now! And also thank you for the food pictures, they are drool inducing. I'm sorry to see it come to an end!! :goodvibes

:)Jen

Trisha, that's my daigjhter's name too, your report was great. I'm going on the Mexico cruise in March and can't wait to try the things you liked.

Thanks for sharing this fantastic report and great pics! Apart from making me very hungry, it will be very useful when deciding what to order (and avoid) on my upcoming cruise. Have a great time on your B2B!!

Really enjoyed checking out all your pics. The food looks great and I can't wait to try a few of those dishes myself.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the great report. I hope you do one for your Dream cruises next year. Karyn

Absolutely! And with having the same menus on the two cruises, I should end up with pictures of just about everything!

So happy you still got to book your cruises- a BTB sounds heavenly!!

I had that pasta the last night, too- it was delicious! One of my favorite things all week.:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for your pics- and again- so sorry you got sick on the cruise!:hug:

Mmmm, I could certainly go for that pasta right about now. I am following your trip report as well. Funny but I must have just missed you at the adult pool because I was there just after you.

Sorry to hear your were sick! My DD was sick on our first cruise but it was at 3am on debark day. That was fun getting home! As for the lobster I am allergic but I am sure they will find something for me:thumbsup2 Loved the report and sad to hear it's over popcorn::

They are very good at dealing with allergies and I'm certain you'll find lots of delicious things to try!

Trisha, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful report with all of us. It was great to read about all of your delectable delights from the cruise, and bring back all those great memories....wishin' I could have a Mickey Bar right about now! And also thank you for the food pictures, they are drool inducing. I'm sorry to see it come to an end!! :goodvibes

:)Jen

My report may have just come to an end but yours is getting into full swing. Being able to order Mickey bars through room service was right up there in the top 3 tips I learned about disney cruises on the DIS boards.

Trisha, that's my daigjhter's name too, your report was great. I'm going on the Mexico cruise in March and can't wait to try the things you liked.

Try everything! There is so much good stuff on board.

Señor DonDuck;39328206 said:
I thoroughly enjoyed this report! Sorry to hear you were ill the last day.

Thanks. It was a great trip so I'm glad I could pass some of that on to others through the food report.

Thanks for sharing this fantastic report and great pics! Apart from making me very hungry, it will be very useful when deciding what to order (and avoid) on my upcoming cruise. Have a great time on your B2B!!

You are welcome. My advice is to try a few things that would normally be outside of your comfort area - you never know when you'll find a new favourite!

Really enjoyed checking out all your pics. The food looks great and I can't wait to try a few of those dishes myself.:thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed. Have a great time on your cruise.

Thanks for the great "food report!" I LOVE your table of contents in the first thread. I was sad when you fell ill, but am glad you're now better. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter