complicated question -car-shuttle-etc

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
so this sounds little complicated, but I'd like to get the opinions of some of the experts here.... what would you recommend for an older woman with traveling to MCO alone...So my Mom is going to be heading down alone,and can walk,but not too fast or far,she's capable and independent overall, no issues driving etc- at airport while departing, she usually gets help with her luggage,and a wheelchair to gate,again b/c of pain while walking far and carrying bag etc. She will have help checking her luggage.
The question is,once she arrives- and wants to rent her car,I'm guessing there will be someone available to assist her getting to baggage claim,etc. However, after she rents the car,I know it's a long walk out to garage,and last year she had issues being able to get herself and bags out there (asisstant had gone by then,and it was difficult for her to do alone)
So what would work for her? I was thinking of possibly having her rent a car *offsite*,so that she could just get a shuttle to rental counter at a neighborhood or hotel location with a desk? Any suggestions on the locations nearby that might serve this purpose? I was even wondering ,if say a local hotel had a car rental desk,and a shuttle from airport,that might suffice for her. Thanks for any suggestions.

You can check the MCO website for Ground Transportation - Rental Cars to see which rental companies are offsite with shuttles. I would guess Enterprise, but they might try to redirect her to National or Alamo.

Or a taxi or rideshare to the rental company.

Or a car service to her hotel. Or stay onsite and use Magical Express.

Or she can request wheelchair assistance at the rental counter, but I'm not sure they'll do that.

Are you staying onsite? If you are, have her use the yellow tags for Magic Express luggage service and have her take Magic Express to the resort. She'll only have to carry her carry-on if taking DME.

no onsite.... she's staying nearby in Kissimee otherwise the ME is perfect for someone like her....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!