Computer on plane

Horizons16

DIS Veteran
Is it ok to take a laptop on the airplane these days or are they going to make me pack it into my regular case?
I know before they made you turn it on but whats the deal now?
Thanks
~Steve

On our trip to SF last month, my husband took his laptop. He had to remove it from the case to put through the X-ray but I don't think he had to turn it on. There was no problem bringing it on the plane and he did use it during our flight.

I brought my laptop to Orlando twice since 9/11 - I was asked to turn it on once on both trips. Going to Orlando in December (gate check) and returning in May (at main security). It does draw attention - they sometimes just wipe it for explosives, but they did that before 9/11. They now have a plastic bin to put it in the x-ray machine. I like to put in the middle of my stuff so that I'm through the metal detector before it comes out, I've heard of them being stolen if not watching. I also have cards with my name on both the top and bottom, so there's no "accidental" switches.

You can use it on the plane while at cruising altitude.

I also had to take it out, but not turn on.
Make sure you follow it through. There was someone else before me with the same brand. That would stink if I took the wrong one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter