Concierge Access for DVC Buyers

MouseOfCards

Finally jumped in . . .
Just had a quick chat with our DVC guide while adding on points. We talked about the coming new lounge for DVC members at Reunion Station and how there's a huge potential for add-on sales if buyers had access to club level/concierge for all new DVC resorts. He said Reunion Station could be a great test case for this. Excited to see how this turns out!

Last edited:
I have no doubt that DVC guides would use it to promote Copper Creek sales. However, without a contractual guarantee regarding availability and pricing, it would be somewhat foolish to use it as justification for a purchase. A year from now Disney could deem it a failed experiment and shutter the lounge. Or, if successful, they could double or triple the price in short order. Not worth the risk, IMO.

They won't make it part of the ownership interest. It will be an add on or perk.

I have no doubt that DVC guides would use it to promote Copper Creek sales. However, without a contractual guarantee regarding availability and pricing, it would be somewhat foolish to use it as justification for a purchase. A year from now Disney could deem it a failed experiment and shutter the lounge. Or, if successful, they could double or triple the price in short order. Not worth the risk, IMO.

All new and potential members should be required to learn "The Story of the BWV Attic" and "The Story of Nightly Fireworks at DTD" (Though Top of the World remains open, I figured that by now they'd be renting it out for wedding receptions)

All new and potential members should be required to learn "The Story of the BWV Attic" and "The Story of Nightly Fireworks at DTD" (Though Top of the World remains open, I figured that by now they'd be renting it out for wedding receptions)

I only bought in 2014 even though going since to WDW since the beginning and don't know the folklore of the two required readings. :)

Can you take a minute to elaborate on the failed enticements?

The Attic is at the Boardwalk Villas, and has never been opened for Members. Apparently at one time folks thought it would be. It is all the way down the hallway parallel to the Boardwalk. We had the unit next to it on one trip, it was being used for Meetings, participants seemed to be Cast Members when we were there.

Nightly fireworks at DTD were touted to be viewed from SSR. Fireworks did not last, neither has DTD.

Ken Potrock did talk about a club for DVC people with large hold. This was at last year’s Members Cruise, nothing has become of that. It was at a very nice cocktail reception, though.:)

Apparently the Attic was touted to people by their salespeople as being available to members. Its a lovely space (you can find pictures of it online) and is used for functions (its a wedding reception venue - but sometimes also used for corporate events). It was before my time, so it may in fact be folklore that anyone from Disney ever promised its use to members. But its a believable story - its an odd, odd spot to stick a reception venue and when BWV opened, Disney weddings were just taking off. You can see Disney execs scrambling for places they can book for profitable receptions - and the Attic and the underused Ariels being sacrificed.

I have been around long enough to remember the promotional materials for SSR and the nightly fireworks members would be able to watch from a special fireworks viewing spot. The fireworks seemed to end about the same time SSR sold out.

The upshot - don't buy assuming that what is not contracted to you will remain part of the program. The little enticements sometimes have a way of disappearing.

Very interesting information and would have been cool.

Thanks for the answers.

BLT remains open to all DVC owners because BLT owners are supporting it with their dues. The bar remains open because Disney is making money selling food and drinks and leasing the space from the BLT owners for an unknown rate.

:earsboy: Bill

The Attic actually found its way into DVC sales literature apparently. Then the story goes a Disney Exec saw it and decided it would be kept for corporate Disney, before they then started letting it to weddings.
I saw one story where a DVC member pushed the door and went in, cracking open a coke in the empty lounge and taking a seat.

We have entered the attic with the door open, didn't see any food or drink though. 8-) They rent the venue out for different events and they are announced via a sign in the BWI/BWV lobby.

We have entered the attic with the door open, didn't see any food or drink though. 8-) They rent the venue out for different events and they are announced via a sign in the BWI/BWV lobby.

Bill you crack me up as you tell it like it is, have so much experience and are not blinded by pixie dust. When I was starting out a few years ago, your posts taught me so much. All newbies should go on a Bill course, even if he didn't spot free beverage in the Attic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter