Confirming my plans

katyringo

DIS Veteran
I am very type A and I know it...

we are going for 1 day in October, a Wednesday. We have Express pass and the 2 park ticket. We will be coming from Disney resort. I have a couple questions but also want to confirm my plans.

-I have mobile tickets so I need to go to the will call to get my paper tickets/express pass? Yes?
-we plan to arrive to the resort around 8am and get squared away to join a Hagrids virtual line when it opens. Sometimes before 9am. However right now they don’t seem to be using the virtual line. Correct?
-if we want to do the wand expirence we need to sign up in one of the 2 locations.
-since we have Express pass we don’t need to worry much about the virtual lines right?
-if we Uber from Disneyworld we’re does the Uber drop us off?
-is there anything else I just know? We only have 1 day!

thanks all!

If you have your park tickets on your phone, the bar code will scan them at the gate.

Uber will drop you off at the front of city walk
which you proceed to the parks then

A shorter way would be for Uber to drop you off at Hard Rock hotel and you do a 3 minute walk to the park from there.
You could also use the water taxi from HRH to the parks.

Anyone can use the hotel water taxi.

I don’t know the current set up for the wand experience.
Last year I stood in line to enter the show.
Not sure if a sign up is to be used for the dates you will be there.

If you have the EP, and ep line is open, yes as that’s your golden ticket

Hagrids presently does not have an ep line.

But, who knows if that will change when you go in October.

I will be in the park late September-October and don’t expect large crowds as of now.

I personally wouldn't worry about trying to be on property at 8 am unless you have early entry. They have been testing standby for Hagrid's and the hours for August have changed and IOA doesn't open until 10 am. I'm not sure how the later opening would affect VQ for Hagrid's but I would assume it wouldn't be available until closer to 10 am. When we were there in July the VQ times weren't available until 8:45ish and one time not until 9:15 or so with a 9 am open.

With EPs you don't have to worry about virtual lines - the only time we didn't walk onto a ride using EP was when the ride was stopped for cleaning. You'll need to sign up if you want to do the wand ceremony at Ollivander's. Both parks have one but we've only gone to the one in Studios. Crowds are low and I think you can get a LOT done with EPs. If you're a HP fan make sure to build in some time for exploring those areas of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter