Conflicting messages on military discount requirements - help?

Robindianne

DIS Veteran
Aloha,

I've read conflicting reports on whether/who DL lets use park hopper tickets purchased at a local base. One said only 1 member of the party was required to show military ID at DL. Another says everyone with a ticket purchased at the base is required to show military ID at DL. Anyone know the scoop?

I know at WDW DH and I had to each show our military ID at SofG to purchase the Stars and Stripes passes, but aren't the DL park hopper tickets the same exact tickets, just bought w/discount or not, regardless of whether you are military?

TIA

I am not an expert....but someone else here will know! My guess is that once purchased they will never ask for ID again.

At SOG my DF has bought us all tickets (including twice my family of 3 bought AP's) 3 times, and he has always been the only one to show an ID.

I know someone who got their tickets at a military base, and they had no problems getting into Disneyland. I do not believe that they asked for ID at the turnstyles.

I am military and bought my ticket @ DLH they asked for my ID there. It was cheaper for us to get the tickets there. When I bought the ticket through the hotel they did ask if everbody had thier ID but only asked me for mine. Not sure why she wanted all of ours ID's becaue I bought a ticket for my grandaughter. Disneyland Hotel also offers a Military disount for military to stay theree.

I went with 2 friends in May. They had tickets from a military base, and were never asked for ID. They are not military, but one of them has a sister that works at the ticket office on base.

My daughter went on a field trip to NASA Ames in San Jose and they sold tickets to Disneyland with a military discount. I asked at the counter before purchasing them if I had to be in the military, the clerk said no. We went in April 2006 and were not asked for ID. Hope that helps. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter