AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

exactly, whatever number of eligible days your specific AP has, will be added when they reopen. They have not said if that would be July 11 or 15
Do you know how many days the April blackout was for Gold? Or can you guestimate how many days gold holders, who are not expiring during the closure period, will be extended for?

Do you know how many days the April blackout was for Gold? Or can you guestimate how many days gold holders, who are not expiring during the closure period, will be extended for?
here are the gold block out dates
  • April 4-17, 2020
  • December 18-31, 2020
  • January 1-2, 2021
here's silver
  • April 4-17, 2020
  • June 1-30, 2020
  • July 1-31, 2020
  • August 1-6, 2020
  • December 18-31, 2020
  • January 1-2, 2021

here are the gold block out dates
  • April 4-17, 2020
  • December 18-31, 2020
  • January 1-2, 2021
here's silver
  • April 4-17, 2020
  • June 1-30, 2020
  • July 1-31, 2020
  • August 1-6, 2020
  • December 18-31, 2020
  • January 1-2, 2021
Thanks, I was just coming to update my question, but you beat me to it. I realized I was having a brain cramp, and gold only had 1 blackout during the closure, which I had already included. Geez, my mind is fried. Sorry!!! So I calculate 103 days for Gold?

Thanks, I was just coming to update my question, but you beat me to it. I realized I was having a brain cramp, and gold only had 1 blackout during the closure, which I had already included. Geez, my mind is fried. Sorry!!! So I calculate 103 days for Gold?
sounds about right

sounds about right
Thanks, glad I am on the right page, or darn close. I found all days I needed yesterday DVC to make sure I am within the end range of 103 days, so that no matter what they decide to do I will be good.
I will take 2 extensions and 1 refund, since only two of us will be going in December.

I'm still confused about the partial refund option. Since we are weekday AP holders, will they calculate the # of usable AP days (e.g. remove the blackout days) to come up with a "daily" rate? Once they have the # of possible days of use, then they could use this "daily" rate to calculate the AP value lost. Still in a holding pattern for that mysterious phone call from Disney to confirm our option.
We are also weekday AP holders. I calculated the eligible days as 45. Our problem comes in with the fact that our passes expire 12/12/20. So when they add the 45 days on, will it be 45 weekdays (around the 2 week Christmas blackout) effectively giving us an 11 week extention (5 days week/9 weeks around that 2 week blackout). It seems that if they are disallowing the weekends & blackout days during the park closure, they then have to extend us by the same criteria.

So I talked to a CM today and really they don't know how it's going to work out. They know the AP's will get extended, but specific number of days are not really know etc. Also they don't know about the park reservation system. They do not have a go live date for that, and they also do not know if the AP's will be extended before the go live date. They also don't know what will need to be linked to your account to make a reservation. Will just a resort booking work, will you need active tickets etc.

But overall Disney is smart, they know that ballpark 25% of all APs will have expired during their closure period and if they open up AP booking reservations without adjusting those pass holders expiration dates would be a nightmare, so I just will assume they will get it all fixed.

We are also weekday AP holders. I calculated the eligible days as 45. Our problem comes in with the fact that our passes expire 12/12/20. So when they add the 45 days on, will it be 45 weekdays (around the 2 week Christmas blackout) effectively giving us an 11 week extention (5 days week/9 weeks around that 2 week blackout).
So you would stand to lose 24 usable days if they were to instead extend your AP by 45 calendar days to 1/26/21? 😢

It seems that if they are disallowing the weekends & blackout days during the park closure, they then have to extend us by the same criteria.
Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
At this point everyone should just wait until there is official word from Disney. This includes those that paid in full, monthly, gold, platinum, vibranium and aluminum passholders. We all have unique situations but anything about how it will be handled at this point is speculation

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the decision for a partial refund for the days closed is a final decision? We've requested the refund because we wouldn't get back during the extension period based on a 7/11 reopen date. Now I'm wondering if the extension will potentially be longer if they take into account the limitations when parks open like Shanghai is doing. If the extension ends up being longer and we could squeeze another trip in, I'd hate to be locked into the refund.

I very rarely merge threads this far down the line but we had 2 threads with the same questions, and I would answer one and then the other one would have the same questions.
So both AP extensions/refund threads have been merged
I will also edit the title to reflect when Disney gives us information
As of right now what you read on the WDW site is what it is, if you call the CM will just read from the site and he/she might indulge in some speculation, which, for the intent of purposes of this thread is not helpful
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/

Looking forward to opening the Dis and seeing that there is AP with extensions! My trip starts the day out passes expire. So hope it happens so I can make Park reservations!

Does anyone know if the decision for a partial refund for the days closed is a final decision? We've requested the refund because we wouldn't get back during the extension period based on a 7/11 reopen date. Now I'm wondering if the extension will potentially be longer if they take into account the limitations when parks open like Shanghai is doing. If the extension ends up being longer and we could squeeze another trip in, I'd hate to be locked into the refund.

This is a good question. We put in a request for refund but are now thinking that perhaps we'd benefit more from the extension.

We were told earlier this week, repeatedly, that once they click "refund" on your account the decision cannot be changed. As always with Disney, your mileage may vary.

We've been holding off an making a decision because I'm still hoping for an alternate option - we'll see what happens, I guess.

If you're on the fence, you should try to get a cancellation refund if possible. Explain your case as well as you can. Otherwise you might be disappointed

If you're on the fence, you should try to get a cancellation refund if possible. Explain your case as well as you can. Otherwise you might be disappointed
From everything that read so far, refund is an option for every AP and case plead not required.

One delay in refunds may be WDW’s need to determine the new start date for annual passes in order to determine the correct refund amount.

I'm stuck in the wait and see category. My AP expires July 1. Last trip was planned for April. I would love to get that last trip in, but so many unknowns - including will Canada let me out 🤪 I'm going to decide once they announce how everything will work , hoping they will still allow a decision to be made on refund at the time. They never put a drop dead call by date on the website, so...I haven't called.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!