AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

This is a good question. We put in a request for refund but are now thinking that perhaps we'd benefit more from the extension.
Does anyone know if the decision for a partial refund for the days closed is a final decision? We've requested the refund because we wouldn't get back during the extension period based on a 7/11 reopen date. Now I'm wondering if the extension will potentially be longer if they take into account the limitations when parks open like Shanghai is doing. If the extension ends up being longer and we could squeeze another trip in, I'd hate to be locked into the refund.
I called about this the other day (I got the website helpline). I was told that once you request a refund, your decision cannot be changed. I did challenge this answer, because if they are going to extend further, a lot of people would make (or would have made) a different decision. She gave me another phone number to call for APs 888 701 4100 Option #3 but I have not called yet.

I don't think the blackout dates during the shutdown should be factored at all in counting AP extension days because an AP still has usable perks on those blackout days like discounts on the hotels, restaurants, shops and certain tours/events. Even if you can not enter a park on a blackout date you can still use the annual pass benefits in other ways. If an AP is not expired and the park was closed for say 110 days, just extend the pass for 110 days as future blackout dates would still be in effect.

Has anyone gotten any information on renewals of passes during the shutdown?

I already choose to have my AP extended the number of days the park is closed.
My current expiration date is 7/29/2020
I'm currently on a payment plan that has payments suspended
The MDE App is telling me my pass is available to renew NOW

Obviously I want to save the most amount of money I possibly can and my gut is telling me Ticket Price Increases will be coming, when I don't know (but also whose gonna pay more and get less), but I'd like to save that 15% on the cheaper price than the more expensive price ;)

I read a comment on a FB group post (think it was Chip n Dale) that even though the pass may have its expiration date extended the option to renew is only the current time for renewal window. I don't know that I should put much faith in said comment but it got me thinking, so I called guest services tonight and the guy was surprised the app was letting me renew now but suggested I talk to member payment service (but they are closed) cause we both brought up some good questions

if I renew now on a new payment plan do the payments start the second they start accepting payments and I'm running 2 plans simultaneously (meaning my new plan is paid off before the new pass actually expires), or does the renewal plan payments start after the extension of the original plan ends (meaning new plan payments end the same time the new pass expires)?

For all I know I can't even continue with the renewal process, I'm one CCV code , Review and Sign Agreements button, and Purchase button away from completing the process but I thought I would ask here so I don't have to wait on hold with payment plan member services tomorrow

I read a comment on a FB group post (think it was Chip n Dale) that even though the pass may have its expiration date extended the option to renew is only the current time for renewal window. I don't know that I should put much faith in said comment but it got me thinking, so I called guest services tonight and the guy was surprised the app was letting me renew now but suggested I talk to member payment service (but they are closed) cause we both brought up some good questions

This is directly from Disney. No one will know anything else until further information is released

• All active Walt Disney World Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed.
  • Passes with renewal windows ending during the closure will also receive an extension of time to renew.
  • For Passholders participating in the Annual Pass Monthly Payment program, your monthly payments will continue as scheduled. Once your payments are completed, you will still have the extra days as provided above.

I called about this the other day (I got the website helpline). I was told that once you request a refund, your decision cannot be changed. I did challenge this answer, because if they are going to extend further, a lot of people would make (or would have made) a different decision. She gave me another phone number to call for APs 888 701 4100 Option #3 but I have not called yet.

Per the Disney website, it states "All active Walt Disney World Resort theme park and water park Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed." We made our decision based on this. If they change the rules and extend the passes further, how can they not let you change your decision based on the new policy? I'll be curious to see how this plays out.

Per the Disney website, it states "All active Walt Disney World Resort theme park and water park Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed." We made our decision based on this. If they change the rules and extend the passes further, how can they not let you change your decision based on the new policy? I'll be curious to see how this plays out.
That's exactly what I said to her. I said that I had been hearing the passes may be extended while park reservations are in effect,. which would be a longer extension, and she basically said 'you made your decision'.

I didn't want to waste my time calling while things are still up in the air but if they did extend further I would call again.

I have a Platinum AP that expires June 9, 2020. I logged in today and clicked on "show eligible dates" and the calendar shows green days all the way through June 2021. I have no idea if this is normal or not, I've never clicked on that since I don't have blackout dates. Anyone know?

I have a Platinum AP that expires June 9, 2020. I logged in today and clicked on "show eligible dates" and the calendar shows green days all the way through June 2021. I have no idea if this is normal or not, I've never clicked on that since I don't have blackout dates. Anyone know?
Yeah, that’s just the regular calendar - it’s not specific to your AP’s expiration date.

So, please check my Math:

The last day that Disney was open was March 16. So, if we calculate the number of days from March 17 through July 11 (including March 17, but not including July 11), we get 116 days.

If you have a Platinum pass, you should be able to add 116 days to your expiration date, correct?

And no rumors yet of anyone's pass being extended yet?

So, please check my Math:

The last day that Disney was open was March 16. So, if we calculate the number of days from March 17 through July 11 (including March 17, but not including July 11), we get 116 days.

If you have a Platinum pass, you should be able to add 116 days to your expiration date, correct?

And no rumors yet of anyone's pass being extended yet?
start at March 16th. The parks were opened until the 15th

not to add salt to the wound and off topic but Universal is killing it in the costumer service department to their APs. As soon as they announced reopening dates we could call and get the exact date of extensions and today they have come out with a buttload of perks, free upgrade to preferred parking, a free refillable mug, separate entrances for security and parks, 30 min extra at VB in the mornings, magnets and buttons, alongside their regular discounts on food and merch

I don't think the blackout dates during the shutdown should be factored at all in counting AP extension days because an AP still has usable perks on those blackout days like discounts on the hotels, restaurants, shops and certain tours/events. Even if you can not enter a park on a blackout date you can still use the annual pass benefits in other ways. If an AP is not expired and the park was closed for say 110 days, just extend the pass for 110 days as future blackout dates would still be in effect.

Excellent point(s)! I never really thought about the ancillary benefits on non-park, blackout days.

Tried to look through the thread but might of missed this. I have a Gold AP that expired 4/29. I have a trip planned for September and was planning to renew but now I am not so sure. Prior to the opening announcement I was able to see my AP in MDE. Now I can’t. Does anyone know why? Or how I would go about either renewing or getting money back from my missed days?

Tried to look through the thread but might of missed this. I have a Gold AP that expired 4/29. I have a trip planned for September and was planning to renew but now I am not so sure. Prior to the opening announcement I was able to see my AP in MDE. Now I can’t. Does anyone know why? Or how I would go about either renewing or getting money back from my missed days?
It appears you can only “see” your AP up to 30 days after expiration, i.e., during the renewal period. Mine expired on March 31st and I stopped being able to “see” it in MDE about a month after it expired.

I would think it would be in Disney's best interest to try to get as many people to extend as possible so that they don't have to give money back that they already have. It would also make sense for them to wait to even record which option people want until all the details are out and then can send a formal request to select your option, but they instead allowed some people to start making their choice before the details were known and now the waters are getting muddied.

If their computer system won't allow them to change what they entered before and they don't want the confusion of multiple entries, they just need to be more clear about that in their wording. But Disney is really bad at communication. (I keep remembering being stuck in the gondolas the week they opened - yes, I was one of the ones up there - with just the repeating recorded message that we were experiencing a "temporary delay". Disney does not seem to have learned their lesson about how saying nothing or only giving limited information increases stress... :/ )

So, when they say "active" APs will be extended, do they mean that AP that were active at any point during the closure period? Mine expires on 7/8 and I have a trip reserved for 7/27 -- I'm assuming when the parks reopen on the 11th that the expiration date will be corrected to reflect the number of days the parks were closed? I'm just nervous something is going to get messed up...

So, when they say "active" APs will be extended, do they mean that AP that were active at any point during the closure period? Mine expires on 7/8 and I have a trip reserved for 7/27 -- I'm assuming when the parks reopen on the 11th that the expiration date will be corrected to reflect the number of days the parks were closed? I'm just nervous something is going to get messed up...
another term they have not cleared up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter