Confused Re: Kingdom Keepers V-Shell Game

JimmyV

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
My daughter has read books I-IV, and wants to read book number V. I checked on Amazon, and there is a hard copy that is available for purchase now, (that appears to have been released in April, 2012, just a few months after Book IV), and a paperback version that is scheduled to be released in February, 2013 (which seems more in line with when another book would hit the shelves.) The descriptions provided by Amazon read as if these are similar, yet glaring differences suggest that they are two entirely different books. Here they are for comparison:

Hard Copy:
As the five Kingdom Keepers enter high school, everything is about to change. The Maintenance Base that controls all four parks in Disney World is under attack by the Overtakers, a group determined to change Disney forever. Relationships between the Keepers are no longer as simple as they once were. In fact, nothing is as simple as it once was.

An after-hours visit to Typhoon Lagoon is a game changer. The Keepers lose one of their most valuable supporters. But there's work to do . . .

The Disney Dream leaves Port Canaveral on an historic cruise to Los Angeles with a special treat in store for guests: the Disney Host Interactive guides are on board. Finn, Maybeck, Charlene, Willa, and Philby join guests as the DHI experience moves to one of the most advanced cruise ships in the world.

But all is not right below decks. Strange things are happening. Only the Kingdom Keepers know the truth behind their invitation to be in attendance: nearly every Disney villain is aboard the ship, including Maleficent. The Overtakers have infiltrated the cast and crew. And no oneknows what they have planned.

The Dream sets sail filled with enthusiastic guests and crew. But not for long. Maleficent takes over a video screen and warns the guests of trouble to come. With the ship arriving to the beaches of Castaway Cay--its first of many exotic ports of call--the Kingdom Keepers are under attack; back home the Base is threatened and about to fall. The Overtakers have expanded in ways never foreseen, and it's clear they intend to use this element of surprise to accomplish what has eluded them so far: victory.

But not if Finn Whitman and friends have anything to say about it.

And now the paperback (not yet released):
As the Disney Fantasy joins the cruise fleet, a special treat is in store for guests aboard its inaugural sail from Cape Canaveral to Los Angeles: the Disney Host Interactive teenage guides will be part of the Fantasy crew.

Finn, Maybeck, Charlene, Willa, and Philby are to attend the cruise as celebrity guests, and to perform a ribbon cutting for the DHI server to go live. The Fantasy is now the most advanced cruise ship in the world.

But all is not right belowdecks. Strange things are happening. Unexplained phenomena. Only the Kingdom Keepers know the truth behind their invitation: nearly every Disney villain is represented onboard the new ship: whether on its decks or in its theaters. It's believed the Overtakers have infiltrated the cast and are "stowaways." Worse: it is believed they have stolen an important journal that once belonged to Walt Disney himself--Finn has been having dreams about this--and that some kind of mission is planned.

The ship sets sail filled with enthusiastic guests and crew, and the battle is on in new and exotic arenas: the beaches of Castaway Cay, the caves of Aruba, the locks of the Panama Canal, Costa Rica's rain forest zip line . . . But the end game is far more complicated and intense than anything the Kingdom Keepers had planned on. If the Overtakers get their way, a power will be unleashed that no one will have the ability to vanquish: Chernabog, dormant for years, is about to have his full powers restored. . . .

Does anyone know what this is all about? Should I wait for the paperback? Do you think that the paperback will be a cleaned up and updated version of the hard copy, or will it be the same book? I'm really confused by all of this. Since Book IV was released in February, it doesn't seem possible that they would have churned out Book V in just a few months. And from the reviews, it seems as if the book that is currently out is a cliff-hanger. Did they churn out a half-baked version knowing that a more updated (Fantasy instead of Dream) book was in the wings? :confused3 Any insight would be appreciated.

Hmmm.. I don't know what to tell you, I'm afraid. The cover picture on the paper version is the same as on number 5, but number 5 definitely takes place on the Dream and does not visit all the locations listed in the description.

I'm almost certain that the second synopsis is from the sixth book, dark passage. It seems to have been a mistake!

In book V, they went to Castaway Cay but I think the others will be in book VI

Actually looking forward to the new book in April!!! Book V left with a big cliffhanger!!!

LaurLaur04 said:
I'm almost certain that the second synopsis is from the sixth book, dark passage. It seems to have been a mistake!

OMG there's gonna be a sixth book!!!!!

Would these books be suitable for a nearly 12 year old boy who is ahead in his reading my 2/3 years?
I'm looking for some disney related books for him for his birthday so he can read before going to disneyworld for our first visit in may. :)

Would these books be suitable for a nearly 12 year old boy who is ahead in his reading my 2/3 years?
I'm looking for some disney related books for him for his birthday so he can read before going to disneyworld for our first visit in may. :)

My 11 year old DD loves these books! We are leaving for WDW next week, and I just got the most recent one as a surprise for her to read while we travel.

My son started reading them when he was 9 and completely blew through them. He loved them south that he got me hooked on them. I am pages away from finishing book V.
Your son will really enjoy them and will probably enjoy them even more after he has been to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter