Congrats on not being sold separately! ~ a 20th anniversary trip report. New TR link 12/21

Welcome Back to real life, haha! I. Doing the same thing after our Disney trip!

Boma is such a wonderful breakfast, yum!

The one challenging piece was that my mom had a very bad fall the Thursday before we left and broke her leg as well as having significant bruising and contusions on her face
Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear that!
it was hard to leave with all of that going on
I bet it was. :hug:
the best breakfast buffet ever at Boma!
I've eaten at Boma… but not for breakfast. After reading your update, I sure wanna!
were soon led to a two top in the back corner which was lovely and quiet
Very nice. :)
We started off with coffee and some of the yummy POG juice.
mmmmm… POG.
I felt as though I needed a wheelbarrow to get me out of there, lol!
:laughing:
Up next: a fun afternoon at MK including a first time ever Disney experience!
Wonder what that could be!?!?

Not a bad way to end the AKL portion of your stay. I've heard nothing but great things about the Boma buffet!
It really was.....everything you hear about Boma being fabulous is true! :)
Boma is really a great breakfast option. The food is always really good!
I agree. I love it there!
Joining in....you are smart to have down time...we never seem to do that...it always rush rush rush... we need to do that...
:welcome:, thanks for joining in! I really enjoy all the details with theming and slowing down gives me the time to appreciate them. Plus, pool time with books and a beverage is always a favourite!
Welcome Back to real life, haha! I. Doing the same thing after our Disney trip!

Boma is such a wonderful breakfast, yum!
Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Totally agree on Boma, so yummy!
I bet it was. :hug:
She is doing well in the restorative care unit. The biggest positive there is that they allow pets to visit so she can see her beloved Bichon, Max.
I've eaten at Boma… but not for breakfast. After reading your update, I sure wanna!
I would highly recommend it!
Wonder what that could be!?!?
Coming up soon!

We LOVE Boma breakfast! We've gone "out of our way" so to speak a couple times just to eat there :love:

I'm sure you were sad to be leaving AKL but I happen to know you were checking in to another totally awesome, beautiful resort!!

We LOVE Boma breakfast! We've gone "out of our way" so to speak a couple times just to eat there :love:

I'm sure you were sad to be leaving AKL but I happen to know you were checking in to another totally awesome, beautiful resort!!
I completely agree.... the food is so good and there are unique choices. We were pretty happy with where we were going, especially when we saw our pixie dusted room!

That's the biggest fairy wand I've ever seen!!

After finishing our awesome breakfast at Boma, we said a final goodbye to the beautiful AKL lobby. As we headed down to the bus stop, a Magic Kingdom bus was pulling up and we hopped right on. We were so excited to be spending the beautiful afternoon at Magic Kingdom and I had special plans in place for my lovely husband. When we reached Town Square I was shocked to see Tinkerbell only had a 10 minute wait and managed to convince Bill that we should go meet her. As we entered Pixie Hollow, Tink greeted us and looking at Bill's shirt said "Well, that's the biggest fairy wand I've ever seen!" (he was wearing a Toronto marathon tshirt with a picture of the CN tower on it). She then added, "I bet if you turned it upside down it would be a really awesome pirate sword!" Not one to miss an opportunity I said "Tink, I bet you could take that sword, defeat Captain Hook and rescue the Lost Boys. Wendy could never do that!" Tink didn't miss a beat and replied "Of course not, she was raised by a dog!!!!" We were dying of laughter! Best character interaction ever!

!IMG_4657.JPG

After our fabulous meet with Tink, we headed off for our "new to us" Disney experience! What were we doing?? Well certain other Dis-husbands had gone for haircuts at the Harmony Barbershop and I thought it would be fun for Bill to do too! It was an awesome experience and the stylist did a really nice cut. Of course we had to have the classic picture!
IMG_4633.JPG
Pixie dust was part of the experience if you chose but Bill thought he would opt out of that. So of course I jumped at the chance.....so fun!
IMG_4635.JPG
As we left the barbershop we happened to notice the Dapper Dans gathering for a set. They are one of our favourites and we thoroughly enjoyed having a chance to see them.
IMG_4637.JPG
After listening to the Dapper Dans, we noticed it was almost time for our first FP at Splash Mountain! This is one of Bill's favourites so was a perfect way to start off our MK afternoon. We were also texting with Ariane at this point as she, Steve and the boys were in Frontierland as well but we just kept missing each other. Splash was awesome as always and we managed not to get soaked.
IMG_5236.JPG
Following Splash we went for a ride on the Wildest ride in the Wilderness.....BTMR! So fun! We had some time to kill before our FP at Haunted Mansion so decided to spend it with the bears at Country Bear Jamboree! The show was as campy and cheesy as always and we loved every minute! We were both feeling a bit peckish so decided to go for a little treat.....Dole Whips were the answer! And of course I needed a picture as my treat matched my Magic Band!
IMG_4638.JPG
We were ready to head over to Haunted Mansion for our FP with hopes of actually figuring out where the ride photo is...lol! Unfortunately, we still had no idea!
IMG_5238.JPG
We decided to head out after this as we were eager to check out our new resort! On the way out we came across the Festival of Fantasy parade which had been delayed due to weather in the area. The stilt walkers with the Malificent dragon were the best!
IMG_4642.JPG
Our room ready text came as we were waiting for the resort launch. I was so excited when I saw our room number although I didn't want to say anything to Bill in case I was wrong. I couldn't wait to get there and see if another piece of anniversary pixie dust had dropped into our laps!
IMG_4644.JPG

I got behind, so prepare for a lot of quotes!

I loved the luxury of putting on a pot of coffee and just relaxing while I woke up.

Sounds so leisurely and lovely!

IMG_0953.jpeg

Love it! You look so happy and relaxed!

Imagine our delight when we were led to a window side table with a view of the castle (way in the distance).

Wow, best table in the house!

I mean, drinks served in pineapples are always more delicious, right????

Absolutely! Lapu Lapus are a must at Ohana!

The appetizers arrived about 10 minutes later and I did my best to eat my body weight's worth of potstickers and chicken wings, liberally dunked in peanut sauce.

Potstickers and peanut sauce are the best part of the meal (other than dessert).

I didn't eat as much of the meat though as my favourite dessert in the world was soon to make an appearance.......

Look, here it is in all it's glory. Although the sauce is now strictly a caramel sauce and not the banana foster sauce they used to have. It was still delicious!

I think it's my favorite dessert in the world too! And introduced me to bread pudding, which is now probably my favorite dessert.

Yes!! Feet up!

Wow, just stunning!

Could there be a more perfect way to start the day??

Absolutely not!
After a couple of hours just floating around in the pool, playing on the waterslide, lounging around and reading, we were feeling a little hungry

I am loving your relaxing mornings! Makes me want to change my usual touring style.

First Devine and then Kevin!

Kevin is so cute!

Fantastic photo!

We really enjoyed the Nemo show so much and it was lovely to relax a bit in the dark, cool theatre.

I should really do this show again... haven't seen it since 2008, and people always say great things about it!

Look at all the little friends!

We scored a lovely patio table and were soon settled in with a refreshing drink as we watched the hot air balloon and discussed our plans for the day.

I am just loving your relaxing mornings!

he one I ended up picking, I wore to tea at the Grand Floridian. You'll see soon!

Hmm, my guess is Epcot dress, but I'm not positive!

Imagine our surprise when the CM said "just wait here and I will have a bus come pick you up". What an awesome piece of Disney Magic!

Wow, that's so nice! What a time-saver!

Bill was trying not to get caught with his walkie talkie, lol!

Think he's going to need to be more sneaky than that!

Olaf's hand placement looks a little questionable :rotfl2:

the CM said "Hey, congrats on not being sold separately, toys!"

This is so cute I can't even stand it!

We had a great chat with @ariane37 and her lovely family.

Aww yay a Dismeet!

In a real life update, I am heading to my cottage in PEI tomorrow for three weeks. No wifi...... just books, beach walks, hammock naps and general relaxing!

Sounds amazing, hope you'll share some photos! Ever since I read Anne of Green Gables (for the first time as an adult) I've wanted to visit there, it sounds so lovely.

Sadly we were saying goodbye to Animal Kingdom Lodge today after a lovely four nights there.

Nooo, the saddest! But Copper Creek looks fantastic.

Tink didn't miss a beat and replied "Of course not, she was raised by a dog!!!!"

HAHA! Too clever!

LOVE!

I couldn't wait to get there and see if another piece of anniversary pixie dust had dropped into our laps!

A cliffhanger!!! What piece of magic did you guys get?!

I wanted to check out Cherry Tree Lane for the Disney dress shop and Dooney bags so we headed that way next. I ended up trying on three different dresses; Trader Sams, Epcot and Dole Whip. Which one do you think I bought???

They're all cute, but I think you bought the one to match your Magic Band :goodvibes

Next up, we wanted to head to Typhoon Lagoon for some water park fun. I thought you could get from Disney Springs from Typhoon Lagoon but couldn't see the bus listed on the boards. I popped over to ask one of the Cast Members and he told us you could only go there from one of the resorts. Well, we though we would just hop on the next resort bus and then grab a TL bus or walk over to grab a Lyft. Imagine our surprise when the CM said "just wait here and I will have a bus come pick you up". What an awesome piece of Disney Magic!

I think they keep changing this :confused3 At one time, you had to go to DS and transfer to the TL bus there. No wonder you were confused.

We had the best time at Typhoon Lagoon! We floated on the lazy river, played in the wave pool, had lunch in the shade, drinks at the bar, did some slides, went back to the lazy river and played in the wave pool again! It was SO fun!

Fun!

We had a great chat with @ariane37 and her lovely family. If you had the pleasure of meeting her, Steve and their boys, you know how nice they are. I hope our paths cross again one day. They were heading back to RnRC next and Bill and I were looking forward to Slinky Dog. Here we are together!
IMG_4618.JPG

:love:

After that we headed out of the park as it was about 11:30 and the wait times were still long. I'm glad we tried DAH at HS but I think it was an once and done for us.

That's kind of disappointing that the lines were so long. I am considering wither a MK or AK AH event but I don't want to pay all that money to wait in long lines.

haircuts at the Harmony Barbershop and I thought it would be fun for Bill to do too! It was an awesome experience and the stylist did a really nice cut. Of course we had to have the classic picture!
IMG_4633.JPG

Cute :thumbsup2

We were ready to head over to Haunted Mansion for our FP with hopes of actually figuring out where the ride photo is...lol! Unfortunately, we still had no idea!
IMG_5238.JPG

These HM hidden camera photos are the best! :laughing:

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your Mom but hopefully she is doing better. What a wonderful day the 2 of you had. Glad to hear Bill loved Boma as much as you. Its certainly a great way to start the day at AKL. Can't wait to see if some WL pixie dust comes your way

the best breakfast buffet ever at Boma!
Yes, it is! Hands down!

From the top clockwise I tried the chakala, roasted asparagus, grilled tomato, potato barrels, fried plantains and turkey bobotie. Everything was so delicious and fresh!

That looks IDENTICAL to my first plate every time. :lovestruc

Tink greeted us and looking at Bill's shirt said "Well, that's the biggest fairy wand I've ever seen!" (he was wearing a Toronto marathon tshirt with a picture of the CN tower on it). She then added, "I bet if you turned it upside down it would be a really awesome pirate sword!" Not one to miss an opportunity I said "Tink, I bet you could take that sword, defeat Captain Hook and rescue the Lost Boys. Wendy could never do that!" Tink didn't miss a beat and replied "Of course not, she was raised by a dog!!!!" We were dying of laughter! Best character interaction ever!

This sounds like the most perfect kind of meet! Love it!

I just love seeing folks getting "off the beaten path" and doing stuff not everyone even knows about.

This. All of this.

Buahahaha! I love it!

. I couldn't wait to get there and see if another piece of anniversary pixie dust had dropped into our laps!
Nice teaser!!

Wow, best table in the house!
We really lucked out!
Potstickers and peanut sauce are the best part of the meal (other than dessert).
The great thing is you get them at Tambu lounge too!
I think it's my favorite dessert in the world too! And introduced me to bread pudding, which is now probably my favorite dessert.
Mine too....I have the recipe and make it at home when I am homesick for Disney....... :)
I am loving your relaxing mornings! Makes me want to change my usual touring style.
It was really great! I usually get up and go first thing in the morning and have lazy afternoons. Bill preferred a relaxed start to the day and I ended up really enjoying it too!
I should really do this show again... haven't seen it since 2008, and people always say great things about it!
We really enjoyed it!
Look at all the little friends!
Loved the little friends so much!
Olaf's hand placement looks a little questionable :rotfl2:
Right????? Lol!
Sounds amazing, hope you'll share some photos! Ever since I read Anne of Green Gables (for the first time as an adult) I've wanted to visit there, it sounds so lovely.
PEI is beautiful! If you ever decide to go visit, let me know and I will give you the inside scoop!
Nooo, the saddest! But Copper Creek looks fantastic.
I was sad to leave AKL........love it there so much!!
A cliffhanger!!! What piece of magic did you guys get?!
Coming up soon! :)
They're all cute, but I think you bought the one to match your Magic Band :goodvibes
::yes::
I think they keep changing this :confused3 At one time, you had to go to DS and transfer to the TL bus there. No wonder you were confused.
I know.....luckily they were so kind to take care of us like that. :)
That's kind of disappointing that the lines were so long. I am considering wither a MK or AK AH event but I don't want to pay all that money to wait in long lines.
Agreed.....it was really crowded. I had visions of walking on to SDD over and over again and that was not in the cards.
These HM hidden camera photos are the best! :laughing:
They sure are!
Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your Mom but hopefully she is doing better. What a wonderful day the 2 of you had. Glad to hear Bill loved Boma as much as you. Its certainly a great way to start the day at AKL. Can't wait to see if some WL pixie dust comes your way
Thanks Kari! Mom is doing better and the best thing about the step down unit is that Max (her Bichon) can come and visit her. It was another perfect day and we were thrilled with what was waiting for us at the Lodge!
That looks IDENTICAL to my first plate every time. :lovestruc
So good, right???
This sounds like the most perfect kind of meet! Love it!
It was fabulous!!
I just love seeing folks getting "off the beaten path" and doing stuff not everyone even knows about.
Same....there is always something new if you are willing to look for it.
This. All of this.
My favourite too!

I feel like a dummy, but what is PEI short for? I'm sure as soon as you tell me, it'll make sense but I can't think of anyplace off the top of my head! Regardless, I'm glad you had a good time there and am very sorry to hear about your mom's leg. I hope she is doing all right and recovery is happening quickly. Will she have to do any kind of physical therapy once the leg is healed?

Boma sounds like the best send off from AKL. Nothing like enjoying the amazing food offerings before leaving the resort.

How fun that your DH got a haircut! It was sweet of him to go along and be willing to give it a try.

"She was raised by a dog!" I might have to use that line when my kids are acting up. "What are you, Wendy? Were you raised by a dog?!" :rotfl2:

Tink is too funny!! Love when they are super witty like that! I honestly don't know how they come up with the stuff they do!!

I'm sure someone else has said but the pic is when the paintings flash in one of the first rooms!

Oooo can't wait to hear if you got pixie dusted!!

Whaaat? I knew you could get the bread pudding at Tambu Lounge, but didn't know you could get the potstickers!!!
Isn't that the best thing ever??? The yummiest parts of an Ohana dinner at a much lower cost!
I feel like a dummy, but what is PEI short for? I'm sure as soon as you tell me, it'll make sense but I can't think of anyplace off the top of my head! Regardless, I'm glad you had a good time there and am very sorry to hear about your mom's leg. I hope she is doing all right and recovery is happening quickly. Will she have to do any kind of physical therapy once the leg is healed?
No worries, PEI is short for Prince Edward Island (Canada's smallest province) I grew up there although I have lived in Ontario for 31 years now. My husband and I have a cottage there. Thanks for the kind concern.....Mom is doing better now and is healing nicely. :goodvibes They do PT and OT in the restorative care unit....the goal is to get her as independent as possible before she goes home.
How fun that your DH got a haircut! It was sweet of him to go along and be willing to give it a try.
He was such a good sport! The stylist did a nice job too. :)
"She was raised by a dog!" I might have to use that line when my kids are acting up. "What are you, Wendy? Were you raised by a dog?!" :rotfl2:
Isn't that just the best???? :rotfl:
Yummy breakfast!

Sounds like a fun meet with Tink!

What a lovely time in MK :)
It really was a perfect day and of course we were fueled up with all the breakfast goodies!
Tink is too funny!! Love when they are super witty like that! I honestly don't know how they come up with the stuff they do!!

I'm sure someone else has said but the pic is when the paintings flash in one of the first rooms!

Oooo can't wait to hear if you got pixie dusted!!
I love how quick they are....she was so perfectly in character. I will try to be ready for the HM pic next time but no guarantees......lol! Anniversary pixie dust coming up!

As we headed down to the bus stop, a Magic Kingdom bus was pulling up and we hopped right on.
Perfect timing!
I was shocked to see Tinkerbell only had a 10 minute wait
After the bus timing, this shouldn't have surprised you. :)
"Of course not, she was raised by a dog!!!!"
:lmao:
Well certain other Dis-husbands had gone for haircuts at the Harmony Barbershop and I thought it would be fun for Bill to do too!
I've seen that. Not sure if it's something I'd do, tbh.
Pixie dust was part of the experience if you chose but Bill thought he would opt out of that.
Although if I did do it, I would definitely get the pixie dust!
we happened to notice the Dapper Dans gathering for a set.
Love them. :)
We had some time to kill before our FP at Haunted Mansion so decided to spend it with the bears at Country Bear Jamboree!
Perfect! :)
The show was as campy and cheesy as always and we loved every minute!
::yes::
We were both feeling a bit peckish so decided to go for a little treat.....Dole Whips were the answer!
Dole Whips are always the answer.
IMG_5238.JPG
:rotfl:
"Is it over here?" "No, I think it's over here."
The stilt walkers with the Malificent dragon were the best!
They're awesome! Love them. :)
I couldn't wait to get there and see if another piece of anniversary pixie dust had dropped into our laps!
ooohhh…

So sorry to hear about your Mom. I hoping she is still healing and is back up soon.

I ended up reading 12 books in three weeks........some of my favourites were "The Tattooist of Auschwitz", "Where the Crawdads Sing" "Iron Horse", "Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine", "The Suspect" and "Little Fires Everywhere".

12 books! I'm so impressed. We did "Where the Crawdads Sing" and "Little Fires Everywhere" for Book club. I liked "Little Fires" but loved "Where the Crawdads Sing". I want to read some of the others you have listed too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!