Construction @ Boardwalk During April 2016 Wedding

jean_gen

Earning My Ears
My fiance and I (along with several of our guests) were informed yesterday via a letter in the mail that there is a possibility of "loud noises at times" and "seeing and hearing work in progress" during our upcoming April 2016 stay. In addition, "several venues at Disney's Boardwalk are currently unavailable", including Flying Fish Cafe... a venue we have been considering to host our "Welcome Party". This notice from the hotel manager comes at an implausible time, as exactly one week prior, Disney Fairytale Weddings received a payment of an extraordinary amount towards our upcoming wedding. We have yet to receive any notice from our wedding coordinator and are left with many questions and concerns. Most pressing, why were we not told of this undoubtedly planned renovation at any point during our planning process, and what guarantees can be made that this will not disrupt our ceremony or the costly stay of our guests? Unfortunately, this is not the first instance during the planning process where we feel we have been duped. After being assured we would be allowed to hire a band outside of the vendors provided by Disney and hours of planning and communication with a band we loved (with a very reasonable price), we were told they were not "Disney-approved" and could not serve as entertainment at our reception being held at Atlantic Dance Hall. Strangely enough, this band plays every Tuesday night in Disney Springs yet they still do not meet the qualifications (which are what, exactly?). Notification of this came at an untimely manner, via an e-mail from our coordinator late Friday afternoon, with no opportunity for answers to our concerns until Monday.

Knowledge of these restrictions and scheduled maintenance prior to any payments being made would have been respectable; receiving this information in an informal and unprofessional manner, within DAYS of payments being sent, is distasteful.

My fiance and I are embarrassed by the fact that our guests are paying $350+ to stay at this resort, and were not informed of possible "work in progress" until receiving this letter at the same time we did. Knowledge of this may have changed our venue choice, and resulted in a more affordable stay at a different (not under construction) resort.

At this point, contracts have been signed, money has been sent, travel has been booked, and reservations have been made. We are appalled by the lack of communication and respect for both ourselves and our guests.

Our "fairytale wedding" experience has been anything but, and we look forward to hearing what options and accommodations will be made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!