Construction Land

ie1521

Earning My Ears
i have been planning my mother’s 60th birthday vacation trip to the Grand Californian for months. The trip was scheduled to start Labor Day weekend and for a few days after. I knew there was a rush for all construction to be completed but was not aware of just how bad it would be. I am also not local as I live in Indianapolis so I did not have any friends who had recently been. When we pulled up to the front of the Grand the entrance was covered with construction. The guy at bell services said he didn’t know why it was put up as they hadn’t done work on it for weeks. I then walked into downtown Disney. I knew that there were closures past the LEGO store and the area where Ride makers was but did not know Napoli was torn up and had no idea that half the world of Disney Store was closed. It was not even worth going to. Then I walked into Main Street only to find covered up scaffolding. Once in the hub the tiki room was under construction but there were construction walls partially blocking both adventureland and Frontierland. The next day we went to DCA. I knew world of color was down but didn’t realize the cove would be partially drained with the water jet platform completely showing. I understand but it really took away from the look of it. We left that night and went to Trader Sams. I love the outdoor fireplace but found that even that was covered up. When talking to a cast member in a casual conversation the next day at the Grand he did he could not wait till the construction was over and had heard it might be sooner than later as he had heard that the new hotel was not happening and the Earl of Sandwich and ESPN would be reopening. I know it is what it is but most of my family had never been to Disneyland (Have been to Disney World countless times) I prefer Disneyland and it felt like I kept repeating it’s usually not this bad all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!