Contact Lenses in the Parks

I wore gas perms the last time I was in WDW, and had no problem with them on any ride. Issues can come up at WDW, but the same issues can come up in ordinary life. I did no precaution there that I would not do on any other trip of the same length.
Did you wear them
On coasters? Mine are so tiny

I have never had trouble with my contacts due to a specific ride at any theme/amusement park. For some reason, Dinosaur is difficult for my cousin as she has lost one once and then again one popped out, but she caught it.

I do not wear contacts every day in normal life so I have the one-a-day type of contacts, since I may not wear them for a couple of weeks at a time. I always pack 1 spare pair of contacts with me for the day, just in case.

I have never had a problem with my contacts at the park - I wear Acuvue Oasis with HydroClear. I do always bring a spare pair though. I've had one fall out sometime in the night while sleeping so I like to have an extra set just in case! I also bring a contact lens case and the contact solution so I can wash them if I want.

I wear monthly soft lenses (AirOptix Aqua brand) and I have dry-eye. I've never had a problem in the parks or on any of the rides. I do carry eye drops with me, but I only recall having to use them a few times in the parks. My only issue (and it's a tiny issue) is that after 15 or 16 hour days, my contacts get sticky to the point that I have to use eye drops before I can remove them. It's never given me any eye discomfort though.

Just an fyi, I had a contact that was bothering me on a day we were at the Magic Kingdom. I felt like I just had to get it out of my eye so I went to first aid and they gave me a lens case and a small vial of saline. It helped that I then didn't have to rush back to my hotel to get them out.

I've been wearing contacts every day for about 9 years. The only ride I've felt like they are going to blow out on is Test Track. I squeeze my eyes closed on that ride. They would honestly probably be fine but I guess I'm paranoid LOL

I was an infrequent contact lens wearer (only wore them for theme parks and events) and used to just have daily disposables. Never had any issue with contact lenses popping out or drying out on roller coasters. But I was paranoid, so used to carry around a backup pair of contact lenses. And I didn't like how dry my eyes felt after a long day wearing contact lenses in the parks (longest day I did was 8am to 3am), so used to carry around my glasses as well so I could change back to glasses once I was done with all the roller coasters for the day. (Advantage of daily disposables - you can very easily just remove them and throw them away!)

One of DH's contacts came out on Space Mountain (he had to go around
That day with one lens) if you wear disposables I'd recommend bringing a spare! I wear them too, never had a problem on SDMT, BTMRR or EE
I wear sunglasses most of the day, so water from wet rides sprayed my glasses & didn't get in my eyes

My mom lost a hard contact lens on Space Mountain in the 80s... seems like a ride to be careful on! :-)

I've never had a problem wearing my contacts at the world. I always bring an extra pair on vacation as a back up. If you;re concerned about drying out then bring along re-wetting drops. Whether or not you'll need them will depend on how your eyes react tot he moisture or lack thereof.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter