Contacting sellers

Cyberc1978

DIS Veteran
Hi

I'm currently waiting for the sellers to return their part of the closing documents, and its taking a bit longer than I like. Perhaps I just need to be more patience but as most know its kinda difficult.

Its been 1,5 weeks since they received their documents. As I have their address (taken from the deed) I have looked them up online and found a phone number.

Is it ok for a buyer to contact a seller like this or is it considered a no go?

The reason for my impatience is that the contract holds points which if i'm allowed by DVC to swap them for some of the points I have used for a reservation. Then those freed up points needs to be banked by 11/30.

When I bought my home, the contract explicitly stated that buyer and seller were not to contact each other during the purchase process. My broker really emphasized that. All communication was to be through the brokers.

I don't know if it's typical to sign any kind of purchase agreement during a timeshare purchase, but if you did, it may mention buyer/seller contact.

IMO that's the broker's job.

:earsboy: Bill

You are right and the broker is trying.

When I bought my home, the contract explicitly stated that buyer and seller were not to contact each other during the purchase process. My broker really emphasized that. All communication was to be through the brokers.

I don't know if it's typical to sign any kind of purchase agreement during a timeshare purchase, but if you did, it may mention buyer/seller contact.

I didn’t come across that in my contract.

Regards.

Not ok. Borderline creepy in fact.

You have 6 weeks before Nov 30th, you should be closed in 2 or so, you have plenty of time. Like Bill said, this is your brokers job.

Also are you sure they haven't returned their documents yet? I didn't get notification when the seller returned their documents during my transaction. I submitted mine and 9 days later we were closed.

You have 6 weeks before Nov 30th, you should be closed in 2 or so, you have plenty of time. Like Bill said, this is your brokers job.

Also are you sure they haven't returned their documents yet? I didn't get notification when the seller returned their documents during my transaction. I submitted mine and 9 days later we were closed.

According to the closing agent they haven’t got the documents yet and they have left a few VM’s.

Totally agree with the borderline creepy. As a seller I work with my broker.

Rest assured I want this completed as soon if not sooner than you do... I don't get paid until it is done. There can be many reasons for a delay. Sickness, vacation, etc. I had issues with my documents which were not correctly notarized... new bank employee left out his signature :worried: I didn't catch it and the title company didn't contact me to redo it for almost a week. Believe me the buyers could not have been more annoyed than I was. Don't know what the title company told the buyers but there was no way to move the process any faster from my end... so no, I am not interested in hearing from the buyer.

If the hold up is sufficient then talk to your broker and see whether they have any additional information.

A major reason for sellers dragging there feet is the their reluctance to let things go. Even though they know that they should, they feel like they might need it someday. We met a couple at WDW who had not used their points for several years, they don't rent them out and they didn't understanding banking and borrowing. I suggested that they sell and there reason for holding on is that they want to come back more often but things seem to come up and they like to stay home.

:earsboy: Bill

I would keep contacting the broker. I could see how it is tempting to try to contact the seller on your own, but the broker is the one who was hired to handle the deal. Waiting is tough... we just closed on Monday after a delayed contract. The seller's may not have flexible schedules that allow them to easily get to a notary during business hours. However, the seller's should be communicating their time frame to the broker. They may also have a family emergency or it could be a divorce situation. I would just keep in contact with the broker on a regular basis.

Thanks everyone. I’ll continue to contact my broker.

I’m just anxious to get things done.

Never hesitate to contact your broker with any concerns or questions during the sale/purchase process. Part of our job is keeping buyers and sellers updated.

Hi

I'm currently waiting for the sellers to return their part of the closing documents, and its taking a bit longer than I like. Perhaps I just need to be more patience but as most know its kinda difficult.

Its been 1,5 weeks since they received their documents. As I have their address (taken from the deed) I have looked them up online and found a phone number.

Is it ok for a buyer to contact a seller like this or is it considered a no go?

The reason for my impatience is that the contract holds points which if i'm allowed by DVC to swap them for some of the points I have used for a reservation. Then those freed up points needs to be banked by 11/30.
As a rule I'd say no. I've done it but it was a special circumstance and months later when the broker was doing something shady.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!