Contacts and Snorkeling?

Marshmelo

DIS Veteran
Has anyone who wears contacts gone snorkeling and had any problems? Do the masks stay sealed tight enough so that water doesn't get in? Thanks!

Hi!
My daughter (then 11) and my husband both went snorkeling with contacts and didn't have any problems. Hope this helps!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :jester:

I have contacts and I snorkel. If the mask has a good seal you shouldn't have any problems. HTH

I have contacts and snorkeled. As long as your mask is sealed well you will not have a problem. Although, I always bring an extra pair of contact with me on vacation just in case. I can't see a foot in front of me without them!

HAVE FUN!

I usually wear glasses but brought disposable contacts for snorkelling. Worked great!

Have fun, it's great!

Scratch
:smooth:

Even if the seal is not good, you will have plenty of time to surface before the water reaches your eyes! EVEN THEN...just close them tight and head for the top:p

I agree with Relling, but if you are still hesitant, purchase some goggles at Wal Mart or something and try them out before you go. Take them with you and save $10-$15 dollars. That's 3 more Konk Coolers you can have!!!!!!

Whenever we go to the water parks here in CT I have my disposable contacts in. I've snorkeled two trips and never had a mishap. I worry more about rubbing my eyes coming out of the water and having them pop.

I do always bring my glasses with me just in case. Swimming bare-eyed is fine with me.

Kim

Originally posted by RellingTwin
Even if the seal is not good, you will have plenty of time to surface before the water reaches your eyes! EVEN THEN...just close them tight and head for the top:p

Absolutely! I was VERY anxious and nervous about my lenses and it took me a while (and a bit of air & water in my mask) before I got used to it. My lenses were intact at the end and it was one of the most wonderful experiences ever.

Snorkeled several times with my contacts in & never any problems.
I always bring an extra pair of contacts with me just in case I get sand or salt water in my eyes & they burn, my eyes dry out, I lose one etc. You might want to consider this - just in case!

I have snorkeled with contacts too. I was concerned before hand too, but I had no problems. I too bring an extra pair on vacations, but have never needed them! I am sure you will be fine!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter