Contemporary GW, Coronado GDT or Yacht club 2nd week of November?

Tammy A

Mouseketeer
My sister, niece, daughter and I are heading down from Minnesota to Disney 2nd week of November. 4 ladies over 20 getting ready in the morning, 3 of us are pony tail no makeup kind of gals. My daughter will be doing online college in the morning til about 10. So My sister, niece and I will hang out in the hotel or head to the parks. We will have a car. 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 1 at AK and 1 at HS. I’m considering Coronado GD tower, Contemporary Garden Wing or Yacht Club? Please advise.

Tough call. I think the CR room would be more “livable” in terms of room space. YC has small rooms but may be a more “fun” resort/location for the group (and since you have 3 days of walkable parks from there, that’s nice too).

I like GDT a lot - but for some reason it’s not speaking to me as much as the other two given your brief description. Just seems like there would be more variety of action/things to do around YC.

Do you have any swim/pool preference? It’s hard to beat Storm-Along-Bay for an active pool scene. CR’s pools have a high chill factor, so that may be appealing for some, but they are arguably a little boring.

I think at the end of the day I vote YC.

I agree that your choice should really be between CR Garden Wing or YC. I don't see you in GDT for this particular trip based off your plans.

At the end of the day, I think my vote would be for CR. You can walk to MK and then jump on monorail for Epcot so that is 4 of the days you are there. You could also easily spend time at GF or Poly although I think monorail will be skipping Poly during renovations. This gives you lots of food options and you can still explore the Boardwalk/YC area on your Epcot days if you'd like.

At the end of the day, I think my vote would be for CR. You can walk to MK and then jump on monorail for Epcot so that is 4 of the days you are there.

Just a quick note, the Epcot Monorail is currently not operating, with no announced reopening date. It’s bus only from CR to Epcot for the moment.

I would do YC for this trip. The rooms were recently renovated and have nice storage areas and have a separated sink area from the toilet/bath room. You will be able to walk to EP and walk/boat/skyliner to DHS. You will also have far more dining options within walking distance from the resort and a better pool. The CR GW rooms are great - very spacious - but the layout isn't great in the bathroom and you will have far more limited dining choices. I would take GDT off the list.

Garden Wing rooms are pretty large. We stayed there several years ago and thought the room was really nice. No balcony, just a Juliet balcony, but you could still open the slider and look out at the view. My choices would be either YC or CR with the ability to walk to the parks. With the monorail, you'll have access to various dining and with the YC you can walk to various dining.

So maybe a couple more questions will help me come to a decision. My sister is an amputee and uses a prosthetic. However, I feel strongly that she will end up just using her wheel chair due to blisters and pain. Is there one that would work better for her? Also we love Christmas! Can’t wait to see some Christmas cheer. Is there one resort or even area that is more festive?

I’ve decided we are going with Yacht Club. If the parks were open til 8 or 9, staying at Coronado would be fine but with the shortened hours, I think we will actually be hanging at the resort more and on the boardwalk too.
Thank you for everyone’s feedback.

I'd say YC due to location ( can walk to Epcot and HS and BW and Swan/Dolphin ), pool, dining options and a balcony ( over Coronado GDT )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!