Contemporary shower water

RunWI1265

DIS Veteran
Has anyone who has stayed here had issues with the water temperature? We are in the garden wing and the shower water won’t even get warm. Maintenance supposedly came yesterday to fix it but this morning it was still cold. I’ve let the water run for at least 10 minutes, which is a huge waste. In can’t bathe my toddler because he won’t get in a cold bath. Just wondering if this is a common issue here or if we are just having bad luck.

Oh, that stinks. I have never heard of anyone having this issue. I would definitely go to guest services and have them do something about it. Either fix it immediately or move you to another room. So sorry you are having an issue.

I'm sorry to hear that. We have never had water issues in the garden wing. I know it's a pain to pack up, but perhaps consider asking if they would move you to the tower.

While I have only needed to use it once for a room issue that was over my tolerance level, the resort TV channel has a scroll that has a QR code to contact the resort manager with feedback about your stay (of course, it can be used for good comments too!). If something isn’t being addressed to your satisfaction (hot water outage for an extended period would probably be on my list), you can always leave feedback there too. I found actual on-site resort management to be very responsive when I used it.

We check out tomorrow morning so I can handle one more cold shower. If we were here longer I’d probably ask to move. Maybe I’ll try tonight and see if time of day makes a difference. I hate confrontation so this is hard for me.

@GADisneyDad14 thanks for the info. I will definitely look into that. They also send out an email now instead of a welcome paper in your resort and I think the info is on there as well.

It shouldn't be a confrontation, you are the customer who is paying a lot of money for accommodations and they should want to make you happy. Give them that chance!

I would probably still write a short email about your stay to customer service, after you get home. No hot water is unacceptable.

We stayed at Contemporary last year and had no issues with the shower temperature. I would assume hot water comes from someplace that serves many rooms, so likely you aren't the only guest having this issue. You either have hot water or your don't and there aren't any shutoff valves in your room. If you don't have hot water, should you let the front desk know and assuming it isn't some sort of resort-wide issue, they should relocate you to a different room.

This doesn't have to be a confrontation. It's reporting that a serious issue (hot water IS an expectation and a requirement a guest has when staying in a hotel) wasn't fixed when it was reported before and you have been XXXX hours without hot water. Call Maintenance and also stop by the front desk.

Does the water in the sink get hot? It could just be an issue with the tub. If the sink gets hot, I'd ask to be moved.

I have noticed temp differences at hotels depending upon time of day. Sometimes, very early in the morning, like 5am, it doesn't get very hot. It's sometimes better closer to a normal morning time, 7-9am. None of this is specific to Contempo though. I don't remember having problems when we stayed in GW.

In my opinion there should be some sort of compensation for this "cold" experience. Since you politely inquired and an employee is said to have addressed the issue yet it is not fixed, I would hope there is a review of your concern. Compensation would be good business practice.

You are doing a kindness to the next guest if you pursue this. If you don’t push in it, the next guest in the room will have the same issue and could be people for whom it is a bigger problem, harder to move, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter