Continued raising of prices with Disney, anyone thinking about selling out of the DVC more?

We sold our contract this year. But our decision to sell wasn’t a middle finger to Disney. We love it there and wish we could go all the time but coming from western Canada going for a weekend getaway isnt an option. It would be our yearly trip.
We bought before kids and now that they are at the age of activities we cant guarantee trips to WDW all the time and going for weeks or so gets really expensive. We thought about doing Aulani trips every three years (absolutely love it there) or renting points but renting points has tax implications for Canadians that I’d rather not deal with.
At the end of it the timing of a weak Canadian dollar netted us a huuuuge profit that we couldn’t pass up. We are sad we don’t own anymore but when we go back we will just rent points.
I think we will rent points as well in the future.

Being retired now, our cash flow is a totally different animal. If we didn't have DVC, I doubt we would keep Disney in our top destination list. With DVC we 'feel' that we have some cost control and can justify the other cost increases. Since we go frequently, we are very aware and sensitive to costs, and as such, tend to put more emphasis than is necessary on that one aspect, and as a result, sometimes threaten the overall vacation experience.

And in the meantime, as we realize our retirement funds are just fine and growing, we are starting to do overseas river cruises, Alaskan Land/Sea Cruises. downtown Atlanta show/hotel stays, etc., etc. So in a way, WDW has become our cheapest travel costs! Who would have thought that 10 years ago? At our age (62), we are valuing the experiences and time together more than the cost of the trip.

Mind you, I'm still a penny pincher, but I no longer feel guilty getting 2 Micky Bars!

Yes, when our 20 years left come up in 2 years. Won't be able to afford $1000 per person just to get into the parks and stand in line. Ha Ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter