convention passes

justhat

<font color=teal>DC DISer<br><font color=red>pick
Has anyone ever gone to WDW with a convention group? I'm wondering about what types of passes are usually offered, if any, for the conventioneers to purchase. My mother has a convention there in May (2 weeks before my wedding) and we're taking the women in my bridal party with us for a pre-wedding trip. I'm a DC member so I'm contemplating between buying hopper passes for them now with the DC discount, or just getting the passes through the convention if they're cheaper. The problem is that no one at WDW or the convention knows anything about the passes and I was told they wouldn't know until January, which by that time is too late to use the DC discount and I just have to hope that they have a good rate for the conventioneers. A previous convention she went on had special 3 day hoppers for sale, so I'm hoping they'll do something like that with this group too. If anyone's ever gotten their passes that way, let me knwo what your options were. Thanks.

I have gotten offers from convetions in the past and while I don't remember the rates they were a good deal. Downside is they expire and I don't know how long you have. I think it was 30 days after first use.

Do a search on google. You will find tons of conventions. On the home page of each will be a link for the passes. It will list the types of passes you can buy, the date they have to be ordered by, when they will be mailed out, and the date they must be used by.
All of the sites that I've come across say the passes must first be used on or before Dec. 30, 2003. Some of the conventions were in the summer, but the ticket could be used in December. They expire 10 days after the first use.

Here are the prices I've found.

2 day PH with 1 admission to PI or DQ $95.45, $76.35
3 day PH with 1 admission to PI or DQ $143.67 $113.53
4 day PH with 4 admissions to PI or DQ $191.90, $151.71
5 day PH with 5 admissions to PI or DQ $217.02, $171.81

After 2:00pm ticket (not a hopper pass) $39.19 one day, $69.34 two day.

I bought 2-day hoppers at a convention quite a few years ago. I did not know about them ahead of time--they had a booth set up in the registration area. They were quite handy--it was early September, and because the crowds were so low, we were able to do three parks in a day and a half!

I'd like to see one of those 'evening' passes at DL next week when I'm there for a convention!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter