Convention trip report

indoshakespeare

Reach out and find your Happily Ever After
Hello everyone!

This trip report is kinda late but I want to share my trip to Anaheim in March. I am from Indonesia and I used to live in LA for a few years (early 2000's) before going back home. The last time I went to Disneyland was around 2003 with Disney's California Adventure just opening. So this was my first trip to Disneyland for almost 14 years.

I went to Anaheim for a convention from March 7 to March 12 and I figured I would go to Disneyland while I'm there. Since it was a company trip, my schedule was full, with only a few hours of free time while I'm there. I checked out the ticket prices and bought myself a 3-day ticket for $270. Hotel prices were crazy high during the convention. My company put me in Hilton for $800 per night. I planned to use the ticket on Tuesday March 7 (the day we arrived), Friday March 10 (late night) and Saturday March 11 (magic morning).

We arrived March 7 morning, checked into the hotel, had breakfast and went to Downtown Disney with my colleagues. We shopped and had Starbucks then we went to Food4Less to shop for food samples (we're a food company). After lunch, we went back to the hotel to rest and that was my first free time. I went to Disneyland, exchanged e-ticket for paper ticket and waves of nostalgia immediately went inside me. Although I've been to HK and Tokyo Disneyland in the last few years, the original is still my favorite. I used to go there regularly since the late 80s to the early 2000s

I immediately went to my favorite ride: Space Mountain. It was a 40 minutes wait time and guess what happened when I got into the front of the line. The ride broke down! Apparently someone dropped their bag inside and they had to stop and retrieve the bag. It was down for 20 minutes. The Star Wars theme is pretty cool. After Space Mountain I went to Star Tours. I didn't like it as much as the original because I don't like the fact that we can jump from the OT to ST to PT time. it's just weird to me. Plus in the original we went into the trenches of the death star which was really cool. It was still a good ride.

After that I went to Big Thunder Mountain. Wait time was 20 minutes. Good ride. Then I went to the stores to buy souvenirs. Unfortunately I had to go back to the hotel at 6 pm for dinner.

March 8 and 9 were full, March 10 was Friday (park opens till midnight) so I had time to go back to Disneyland after dinner. I went to Peter Pan's flight, then I just walked around soaking the atmosphere because all the thrill rides had long queue. I went to New Orleans Square and then made a mistake. I didn't know only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland open during magic morning so i decided I would ride Pirates and Haunted Mansion the next day. When the electrical parade started, I saw in the board that Splash Mountain only had 5 minutes wait! So I ran to Critter Country and rode Splash Mountain. Then I got out because I needed to buy a suitcase at World of Disney store. The next day I went early for the magic morning and was disappointed to see New Orleans Square was still closed. So I rode Buzz Lightyear, Submarine Voyage (first time for a long long time because it was closed in the 90s). The last ride I rode was Alice in Wonderland which had been refurbished since I was last there. Then I had to go back to the convention (only had 1.5 hour there).

Overall, it was nice to go back to my favorite Disney Park. My company probably won't send me again next year so it was worth spending that $270. Didn't have time to ride all of them but it's okay because the same rides are in Tokyo Disneyland, which is my new "home" disney resort. It was more for the atmosphere and the nostalgia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!