Copenhagen hotels pre-cruise

Thanks. We used the Princess hotels on our British Isles cruise, but the hotel they are using in Copenhagen did not get good reviews!

We were also happy at the Marriott - it was only a ten minute walk to Tivoli/the train station to boot.

Skt. Peders Bageri is almost twice as far but was totally worth the hype/ walk we thought if you need unsolicited breakfast ideas too. :teeth:

I stayed at Hotel Bethel: http://www.hotel-bethel.dk/index.php/da/ The location is perfect, but the rooms weren't air-conditioned when I stayed there in 2014. Here is the Trip Advisor info: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...Somandshjemmet_Bethel-Copenhagen_Zealand.html

Yeah -- I couldn't go without air conditioning in July.

We were also happy at the Marriott - it was only a ten minute walk to Tivoli/the train station to boot.

Skt. Peders Bageri is almost twice as far but was totally worth the hype/ walk we thought if you need unsolicited breakfast ideas too. :teeth:

Do they have air conditioning? Thanks for the breakfast idea -- any restaurant ideas are appreciated.

Also, anyone take the train to Sweden or Berlin? Not sure it's worth a whole day and overnight.

EDITED TO ADD: I just looked up Sankt Peders Bageri on Trip Advisor and OMG -- the pictures are enough to make one go there now! Thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited:
We booked our hotel through DCL pre cruise and stayed at The Tivoli. After the cruise, we booked at The Admiral. Both were nice hotels. The Admiral is closer to the palace and the Little Mermaid Statue.

Any more suggestions or tips?

We stayed at the Copenhagen Admiral Hotel pre-cruise and enjoyed it. I will say Copenhagen was going through a heat wave and the hotel didn't have AC. It wasn't too bad except for the illegal party going on on the dock. The Danish police broke it up and we had a pleasant evening after that.

Post cruise we stayed at the Absalon and thought the room was a nice size, great location and were very efficient.

We stayed at the Tivoli and booked it ourselves (not through Disney though it was one of the Disney hotels in 2016). It is a modern, lovely hotel with a superb breakfast buffet that was included in our reservation. Easy walking distance to the shopping district and train station. It has AC.

We stayed at the Crown Plaza, Copenhagen Towers. Free shuttle from the airport. We took cabs to the aquarium and to the ship. In particular they had a nice room for the three of us with extra space for our high schooled aged (at the time) son. They had a nice breakfast layout but I think we paid for it.

We stayed pre cruise at Tivoli with ABD. The rooms were very small.We stayed at Marriott post cruise Nice big room.Both very close to Tivoli park.

We have take 2 cruises out of Copenhagen and stayed at Scandic Palace which I loved and have the best location but have problems with a/c the first night and they gave me a fan. Also stayed at the Crowne Palace two towers, good but just to stay if you have a early flight home, is too far from the city but the train station stop is just across the street. Also stay at Tivoli hotel, good hotel but the one I like the most is Marriott Copenhagen because we did not have problem with the a/c, just a short walk to Tivoli Garden, Hop On Hop off stop outside the hotel, good breakfast buffet.

Last August, we stayed at the Andersen Hotel. It's only about 5 minutes away from Tivoli, and very walkable to lots of other things. It has an amazing breakfast (included) and wine hour too. Rooms are done in bright colours. There is an actual cell phone in your room that you can take with you when you go out (very helpful as we were with another family). It wasn't too hot in August- there was some kind of A/C or cooling anyway. Only issue was the noise from the Tivoli fireworks for the 175th anniversary (partly because of our jet lag/time change issues). The room we got was not small - but we got an upgrade if I remember correctly- there was a pull-out sofa (think double-bed size) in a little alcove that our son slept in, and a Queen bed for us, plus a decent sized bathroom. Lovely people too. We were there 2 nights - it was a bit of a cab ride to port, but that's the case for anything near Tivoli.

Like other Scandinavian/Icelandic cities, tourism in Copenhagen is highly seasonal. Big chains are hesitant to put multiple brands in the same city. And whatever is there must make enough revenue in the summer months to offset the down time in the rest of the year. In particular, watch out for the nights before/after cruise ships are in port. Copenhagen Marriott will likely sell out on some of the nights. Be prepared for the sticker shock!

How many are in your party? If travelling without kids, check out Moxy (also owned by Marriott).

Radisson has two hotels in the city - one right opposite the Tivoli Gardens.

Scandic - the regional brand - has a few properties. If travelling as a family, be careful which room type you book. Inspired by 'minimalism', you might find showers without curtains/glass, or bathroom doors that don't lock!

We loved the Marriott. We had a junior suite and had access to "executive" lounge which provided breakfast, complimentary beer and wine in the late afternoon and early evening as well as heavy snacks which amounted to dinner for 2 of our 3 nights. We also had a great view of the river. We loved Copenhagen and we would definitely stay at the Marriott again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter