Copper Creek/ Beach Club addonitis

TongaToast21

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I own at the Poly, and starting to think about "acquisition mode" as Pete W. calls it.. I'm on the fence with either CCVC and BCV... I love the Copper Creek aesthetic and feel, but am thinking I should "diversify" resort areas and buy at BCV to tap into Epcot and HS. I love BCV aesthetic just as much, however my issue there is the 2042 expiration.

Just wanted to hear from owners why they like where their home resort is! Are there any unforeseen or insider tips on what makes you love/dislike aspects of your home?

Also, on an unrelated note, does anyone else think they should have made a tunnel/walkway to connect WL to the TTC? Eyeballing it looks like it wouldn't be much longer than walking from the western end of Poly to the TTC!

A walkway would end up viewing a lot of backstage area.
Tunnels and swamps are weird.

Hi all,

I own at the Poly, and starting to think about "acquisition mode" as Pete W. calls it.. I'm on the fence with either CCVC and BCV... I love the Copper Creek aesthetic and feel, but am thinking I should "diversify" resort areas and buy at BCV to tap into Epcot and HS. I love BCV aesthetic just as much, however my issue there is the 2042 expiration.

Just wanted to hear from owners why they like where their home resort is! Are there any unforeseen or insider tips on what makes you love/dislike aspects of your home?

Also, on an unrelated note, does anyone else think they should have made a tunnel/walkway to connect WL to the TTC? Eyeballing it looks like it wouldn't be much longer than walking from the western end of Poly to the TTC!
Walking from the western end of the Polynesian to the TTC doesn't make you dodge buses and cars (especially cars being driven by people renting cars who haven't driven around WDW much). They really don't want you to walk much at WDW.

When you are deciding where to buy, always compare the cost per point per year.

CCV
$140 per point buy in cost
$7.45 annual dues
2068 exp (48 years left)
($140/48 + $7.45) = $10.37 per point per year without inflation

BCV
$137 per point buy in cost
$7.06 annual dues
2042 exp (22 years left)
($137/22 + $7.06) = $13.28 per point per year without inflation

If you want BCV priority once in a while, you can honestly rent from an owner for only a couple bucks more per point. Unless you want to book BCV every year at 11 months out, it doesn't make financial sense to buy BCV over CCV.

One other thing to consider is that the BCV studios sleep 5 and the ones at CCV do not. Also, the biggest plus for many people of BCV is the pool and if that is something you and your family would enjoy, it may be worth it to own there.

The walk to the Skyliner is pretty easy and makes the trip to HS quicker than most likely the boat,

I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

If you want BCV priority once in a while, you can honestly rent from an owner for only a couple bucks more per point. Unless you want to book BCV every year at 11 months out, it doesn't make financial sense to buy BCV over CCV.
This is important you buy BCV to always stay BCV. If you just want to stay occasionally I wouldn't buy it personally, especially if you travel in off-peak DVC times more so if you want 1 bedrooms.

OP, have you stayed at BCV? While the rooms are identical really in most aspects to BWV I found I really didn't like BCV (I really thought I'd love it) but loved BWV, which I was convinced I wouldn't be that fond of (I'm a CCV owner so I love there). BCV seems very removed and the views from the room aren't that great, IMO; the cost is really because of being close to Epcot and SAB. So if you only want close to Epcot I would consider BWV in the mix. The theme of the rooms and the Villa building weren't widely different than BWV IMO. But that was just my personal tastes and experience. If you consider BWV you can try for Standard Views (extend points) or Boardwalk Views (guarantee a great view).

But with all 3 resorts (me throwing BWV in the mix) you will enjoy on some level. Just a question will BCV really provide you enjoyment that is consistent with it's cost, if yes then I say nothing wrong with purchasing there.

The hubby loves WL and would probably want to add on with CCV next....but the fact that the studios are hard to get scares me off (plus, I prefer a different resort, lol). Does anyone have any opinions on this aspect that will make me reconsider CCV?

Thanks!!!

The hubby loves WL and would probably want to add on with CCV next....but the fact that the studios are hard to get scares me off (plus, I prefer a different resort, lol). Does anyone have any opinions on this aspect that will make me reconsider CCV?

Thanks!!!
When do you want to stay at CCV? That changes the answer quite a bit. Mid-October to Mid-January is hard, but I've gotten my choices (just have to be up and on at 8 AM at 11 months) and only travel during that time period, though I've traded out each time at 7 months with luck and persistence. Outside of that time, availability is sparse at 7 months at CCV but in the home resort period if you book close to window open (or better at open) you'll find availability.

This is important you buy BCV to always stay BCV. If you just want to stay occasionally I wouldn't buy it personally, especially if you travel in off-peak DVC times more so if you want 1 bedrooms.

OP, have you stayed at BCV? While the rooms are identical really in most aspects to BWV I found I really didn't like BCV (I really thought I'd love it) but loved BWV, which I was convinced I wouldn't be that fond of (I'm a CCV owner so I love there). BCV seems very removed and the views from the room aren't that great, IMO; the cost is really because of being close to Epcot and SAB. So if you only want close to Epcot I would consider BWV in the mix. The theme of the rooms and the Villa building weren't widely different than BWV IMO. But that was just my personal tastes and experience. If you consider BWV you can try for Standard Views (extend points) or Boardwalk Views (guarantee a great view).

But with all 3 resorts (me throwing BWV in the mix) you will enjoy on some level. Just a question will BCV really provide you enjoyment that is consistent with it's cost, if yes then I say nothing wrong with purchasing there.
Thanks for the thoughtful input everyone! In regards to BWV i haven’t really considered it (it sounds similar to your original sounds) because the furniture in the room isn’t to my taste for lack of better words, but I think I will reconsider! I haven’t stayed at a BVC room, just have seen it in the dis unplugged videos and pictures... I feel like I should have specified in my first post that I value “intangibles” most... as funny as it sounds... smell, sights and sounds, etc. for example the Poly has the GCH lobby smell, the tiki torches, views of MK and the other 7SL resorts. As silly as it sounds I value that more than more practical/ black and white characteristics. So I guess I was curious to see what others thought. Do you ever think to yourself “I wish this was closer to the parks” while staying at CC? Does the boat to MK run dependably?

Thanks for the thoughtful input everyone! In regards to BWV i haven’t really considered it (it sounds similar to your original sounds) because the furniture in the room isn’t to my taste for lack of better words, but I think I will reconsider! I haven’t stayed at a BVC room, just have seen it in the dis unplugged videos and pictures... I feel like I should have specified in my first post that I value “intangibles” most... as funny as it sounds... smell, sights and sounds, etc. for example the Poly has the GCH lobby smell, the tiki torches, views of MK and the other 7SL resorts. As silly as it sounds I value that more than more practical/ black and white characteristics. So I guess I was curious to see what others thought. Do you ever think to yourself “I wish this was closer to the parks” while staying at CC? Does the boat to MK run dependably?
Well I will say BWV rooms when I was in them and BCV I didn't find the style to be very different in person. It seemed mostly to be color palate differences. The intangibles are important so I wanted to highlight that I was shocked how I felt personally removed from them when I stayed at BCV (but we might value different intangibles). It felt like a very different resort than BC, IMO, just with access to the same lobby (the quality and style seemed different between the main resort and villa building). But the location was great. Though BCV did have nicer shower/toilet rooms than BWV (slightly larger).

As for CCV I have yet to stay there specifically (though at the WL and FW) so I can answer your question. WL personally I think is mush more in line to me with what you say Poly envokes in you. WL has a grand lobby, smells great, seems really themed and believable. As for wishing I was closer to the parks, on occasion yes, but that is only when I'm trying to rope drop a brand new ride, but that doesn't happen too often. The boat to MK in my experience is reliable outside of lightning when they do stop running them.

When do you want to stay at CCV? That changes the answer quite a bit. Mid-October to Mid-January is hard, but I've gotten my choices (just have to be up and on at 8 AM at 11 months) and only travel during that time period, though I've traded out each time at 7 months with luck and persistence. Outside of that time, availability is sparse at 7 months at CCV but in the home resort period if you book close to window open (or better at open) you'll find availability.

Thanks! We currently have an August UY which isn't that advantageous for CCV, but maybe if we are not as open to the idea for split stays or maybe going more frequent and doing a different UY for just CCV. Oh, the options! Can always hold out for Reflections (but restrictions, ugh!).

Do you ever think to yourself “I wish this was closer to the parks” while staying at CC?

Every single day. I did not like CCV. The bus to MK runs often and is a short ride. (The boat runs less frequently and is a longer ride.) But I did not have a car and I felt trapped there. I am used to being at BCV or BWV, where there are a lot of options if you want to run out and grab a snack, or pop over to Epcot.

Thanks!!!
We own at ccv just came back over a week. Stayed there from dec 8-18. Loved it! It’s our favorite resort at mk. We visited the monorail it was ok if I had to pick a monorail resort we liked poly. We didn’t have a hard time booking I had to waitlist a day or two but I managed to get the rooms and days I wanted. We didn’t have trouble with the boats nor buses. Except for one day when we waited for the bus from Disney springs back to ccv. We waited for almost 45 mins. Apparently they were switching out drivers of some sort. Other than that boat waits were not that long nor buses. I don’t think we ever waited more than 10-15 mins for a bus or boat. Every resort will have bad days when it comes to transportation be it bus/monorail/boats/skyliner. We enjoy the boat rides and skyliner most and felt it was very peaceful.

Thanks!!!
Hard to get as in -booking at 11 months at CC and still not getting it- hard? Not doubting you at all, but would like to know for sure cuz that definitely can impact picking another home resort

We own CCV and I love it there. I haven’t had trouble booking there; but I also book 11 months out and I’m on right at 8 to do it. I personally don’t mind being off the beaten path so much. I like to come back yo my room and kind of be away from it all.

However, hubby and I have discussed that when we add on again it will probably be at BCV so that we are close to EPCOT and HS. And because of the pool.

Hard to get as in -booking at 11 months at CC and still not getting it- hard? Not doubting you at all, but would like to know for sure cuz that definitely can impact picking another home resort
That is the problem from time to time. With the addition of the cabins that require a lot of points, you have many, many guests fighting for the studios.

One other thing to consider is that the BCV studios sleep 5 and the ones at CCV do not. Also, the biggest plus for many people of BCV is the pool and if that is something you and your family would enjoy, it may be worth it to own there.

The walk to the Skyliner is pretty easy and makes the trip to HS quicker than most likely the boat,

I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

I do like the Skyliner but I love the boat ride anytime I get to choose boat is always my favorite choice.

Silly question but does each resort have a QS place where you can fill your refillable mug? (Such as captain cook at Poly)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter