Copper Creek Cabin site request

mjlass11

Mouseketeer
We're going to be staying in a cabin at Copper Creek in April and was wondering if anyone would suggest any particular site/side. We have stayed in the Polynesian bungalows and found the boat horns very loud, so are hoping that is not the case here. I guess I was thinking closer to the lodge, just for convenience sake, but am open to all suggestions. Thanks!

Not all are available for point stays because they have not been declared into the association. Many are being used for cash bookings and a couple for sales models.

:earsboy: Bill

If boat horns are a concern, I'd probably ask to be at the southern end of the cabins. Keep in mind, it's a bit of a hike from the end of the cabins to the pools, Geyser Point, bus stop, etc. So that's the trade off. My guess is that most people will request closer to the boat dock and Geyser Point.

Keep in mind that the Poly bungalows have the ferry to contend with and its horn. That horn is probably more frequent and possibly louder than the WL boat horns. But if you are by a dock, yes there will be boat horns early in the morning and late at night.

As usual, I agree with Granny's reasoning. Cabin 8001 is farthest out on the north side (side closest to MK) with the closest to the dock being 8012, and that's the route many boats take, obviously. We also noticed fishing excursions in the early mornings that anchored just offshore from those cabins )although they might do that on the south side, as well). Thus, you're more likely to hear horns and boats throughout the day and evening. The cabins on the south side number from 8013 (closest to GP) all the way through 8026 (farthest out). Again, the closer cabins will likely be a little noisier since the new pool, GP, and the reopened boat rental are all nearby. As pointed out, though, the walk from 8026 is a haul, along the lines of 1/5 of a mile, and that's just to GP or the pool, much less all the way to the Lodge, the bus stop, or the boat dock. For us, that would be perfect; however, that long of a walk--especially in the dead of summer--might be too much for some.

We were in 8015 and loved the location. The boat horns were mildly heard in the morning as a sad reminder we needed to leave but not detrimental to sleep. Quick walk to everything, nice view of the lake and EWP.
Here's a pic of the view looking towards the left, the tree you see on the right was just about center when looking straight out. You'll love the cabins, worth every single painful point!
upload_2017-12-9_19-6-41.png

It was definitely the ferries that were so loud, so I'll request the south side close to GP . Thanks everyone for your replies. That view looks amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter