Copper Creek Question

SB in KY

DIS Veteran
I just booked a “deluxe studio with walk in shower” at CC. It’s for 2 nights in March and I’m past the 7 month window so there weren’t a lot of choices and this just popped up as available so I grabbed it.
This may be a silly question but I can’t find the answer anyplace so I’ll risk humiliation and ask 😬. Is there any difference between this studio and a regular studio beside the obvious lack of a tub? There’s no point difference but since it is a separate booking category I wondered if they were stuck in odd locations, at the end of long hallways, had bad layouts or something. Are they what people refer to as “alternate studios” ? Any info is appreciated!

As far as I know - it's the same except that it would be handicapped accessible.

As far as I know - it's the same except that it would be handicapped accessible.

THey aren't accessible [from the standpoint of a defined "accessible" room], accessible rooms is a separate bookable category. They deluxe studios with walk-in showers have walk-in showers with a slight step, not roll-in showers.

As WDW is renovating resorts they are moving to walk-in showers instead of tubs for a good chunk of their rooms. CCV fit with this trend to some extent in that a bunch of the studios have the walk-in shower. There is an entire thread on the boards here all about CCV and there is discussion in there of how many of each type as well as a map showing locations.

The room is identical to the studios that have a tub, except for the walk-in shower that takes up the space where the tub is.

Almost all of the studios with a tub are located on the first floor. The walk in shower ones are scattered through the building.

The "alternate studios" are a small number of the studios and IIRC all of them actually have tubs.

This is a screen capture from the 3D pictures at David's website. You can clearly see the step over to enter the shower. In the tub studios, there is a tub in place of the shower stall.

The website has good photos of the shower option: https://dvcrequest.com/information/dvc-resorts/15-copper-creek-villas-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge

THey aren't accessible [from the standpoint of a defined "accessible" room], accessible rooms is a separate bookable category. They deluxe studios with walk-in showers have walk-in showers with a slight step, not roll-in showers.

As WDW is renovating resorts they are moving to walk-in showers instead of tubs for a good chunk of their rooms. CCV fit with this trend to some extent in that a bunch of the studios have the walk-in shower. There is an entire thread on the boards here all about CCV and there is discussion in there of how many of each type as well as a map showing locations.

The room is identical to the studios that have a tub, except for the walk-in shower that takes up the space where the tub is.

Almost all of the studios with a tub are located on the first floor. The walk in shower ones are scattered through the building.

The "alternate studios" are a small number of the studios and IIRC all of them actually have tubs.

This is a screen capture from the 3D pictures at David's website. You can clearly see the step over to enter the shower. In the tub studios, there is a tub in place of the shower stall.

The website has good photos of the shower option: https://dvcrequest.com/information/dvc-resorts/15-copper-creek-villas-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge

View attachment 437398

Nevermind!

Thanks so much for this info and the link to the pictures. It’s just what I needed. I just wanted to make sure I hadn’t booked something we would regret. I saw the thread you mentioned and the map of room locations but I couldn’t find any other info on the studio or pictures. Although I must confess I gave up after scrolling thru 12 pages on that thread!

I just booked a “deluxe studio with walk in shower” at CC. It’s for 2 nights in March and I’m past the 7 month window so there weren’t a lot of choices and this just popped up as available so I grabbed it.
This may be a silly question but I can’t find the answer anyplace so I’ll risk humiliation and ask 😬. Is there any difference between this studio and a regular studio beside the obvious lack of a tub? There’s no point difference but since it is a separate booking category I wondered if they were stuck in odd locations, at the end of long hallways, had bad layouts or something. Are they what people refer to as “alternate studios” ? Any info is appreciated!

Your post made me smile, the part about silly question and the risk of humiliation... ;). There is no such thing as a silly question, if you don't know you don't know, simple as that. Not silly at all. I'm very glad you could get the answer you needed, that's what is so great about the Disboards, there's a wealth of information here and we are never to old to learn something new. Yes you can teach an old dog a new trick (speaking of myself here ;)).

Have a magical stay at CC. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter