Copycat Dole Whip recipe?

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried one of the copycat dole whip recipes? I would love to hear if one actually tasted close to a dole whip? My dd said it will never taste right unless we're sitting in the MK. Maybe she's right but we could use a dole whip right now!

I haven't tried the copycat recipes but I use the Dole soft serve mix in one of those old fashioned ice cream makers (where you use ice and rock salt and it slowly churns the product). I'm not sure how easy it would be to get the mix currently (or whether people would want it delivered or not under the circumstances) but the final product is delicious!! :). I would also like to hear if any of the copycat recipes are good though as the mix can be a tad on the pricey side.

They sell the mix on Amazon. We have a bag and have used it in a mini softserve and traditional electrice ice cream maker. You have to convert the proportions for a household ice cream make tho.

Thanks guys!
No problem! I'm in Canada so I buy it from Magical Flavors which I believe is based in the US and therefore also ships there. Here is the link to their website:

https://www.softservemixworldwide.com/
Also, I use this video for instructions on how to use the mix to make dole whip at home. It is super old and there are probably better ones but I love the music they play in the video :).

I bought frozen pineapple, Dole pineapple juice AND the Dole Pineapple Soft Serve Mix to do a comparison between the two recipes. Only to realize that my Cuisinart Ice Cream Mixer stayed at my aunt’s cottage where we are not able/allowed to travel right now 😭

Problem solved: I bought a new ice cream maker with a compressor!

A bit on my family tasting « expertise » in that matter: We have had Dole Whip and Dole Whip Float at Disney World Aloha Isle, Disney World Polynesian Resort (not the float), Disneyland Tropical Hideaway, St-Augustine Florida Likit DoleWhip, Lahaina Hawaii Hilo Hattie’s and Disney Aulani Resort. They all tasted consistently great!

Dole Soft Serve Pineapple Mix vs Disney Dole Whip recipe published in their apps in 2020

Basically, the Dole Soft Serve Pineapple Mix tasted like the one mentioned previously because, it is the same thing! It is like having a piece of Disney at home!
It took less than 24h to receive the mix and about 40 minutes of churning to get a soft serve.

The official Disney Dole Whip Magic Moment at Home recipe (2 cups frozen pineapple, 1 big scoop of ice cream and 4oz of Dole pineapple juice put in a blender) took about 10 minutes to make because my ingredients were too cold. The texture was similar. The taste was lighter, less sweet, more natural in a way. It was an excellent treat but not an exact substitution. We would be happy to have it anytime... But we prefer the Dole Soft Serve Pineapple Mix.

Enjoy 🍍

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter