Coral Reef?

Stefani P.

Mouseketeer
I have seen lots of reviews saying it is fine or nearly bad.
Really??
Anyone enjoy it?

We went 5 years ago on our last night and it was the best meal we had the entire trip! We sat right at the tank and my daughter loved watching the fish and the giant turtle swim by. My husband and I also thought our food was fantastic. I have since seen negative reviews so I dont know if it got worse since then. I was debating doing it for our August trip but opted not to, now that we have a 2 year old we are doing mostly character meals.

Our family has mixed reviews. My husband loves it and requests it each trip. As a vegetarian I love it, as they always have something interesting on the menu for me. My daughter is just meh about it. I've never had a bad meal there. I'm not sure why so many people don't like it. It's also cool to eat while watching the tank.

Our family has mixed reviews. My husband loves it and requests it each trip. As a vegetarian I love it, as they always have something interesting on the menu for me. My daughter is just meh about it. I've never had a bad meal there. I'm not sure why so many people don't like it. It's also cool to eat while watching the tank.

Yes, we are excited for the view!

We went 5 years ago on our last night and it was the best meal we had the entire trip! We sat right at the tank and my daughter loved watching the fish and the giant turtle swim by. My husband and I also thought our food was fantastic. I have since seen negative reviews so I dont know if it got worse since then. I was debating doing it for our August trip but opted not to, now that we have a 2 year old we are doing mostly character meals.

I would love to sit right next to the tank!! Maybe we can ask if that is available when we get there

We've been twice, once in 2010 and once in 2017, and the food was deeply disappointing both times. Especially when compared with any of the excellent World Showcase restaurants.

I had a great meal there. I love the fish tank and watching that the whole meal. I had the shrimp and grits and thought it was delicious

We love the atmosphere. It's also the quietest restaurant we've ever been to in Disney...gives you a chance to have a break. The menu isn't that large, but there is usually something for everyone. You can look at the menu on Allears.net under dining menu's. The food itself, I thought was good. I'd go again.

We love the atmosphere. It's also the quietest restaurant we've ever been to in Disney...gives you a chance to have a break. The menu isn't that large, but there is usually something for everyone. You can look at the menu on Allears.net under dining menu's. The food itself, I thought was good. I'd go again.

I love the idea of a more quiet meal. Sometimes you need out of the chaos for an hour!

I have been to Coral Reef three times and have always had a positive experience with good food and good service. The only complaint I may have of Coral Reef is that each time we have had a set ADR we were seated anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes past our ADR. But I can say this of other restaurants in Disney as well.

The only other not so pleasant experience we had, but no fault of Coral Reef was we had a lady one time sat her " ASSets" right smack on our table while we were eating so that she can take pictures of the aquarium. I said to her, "excuse me but we are eating here". She then dropped an "F" bomb at me. To the restaurants credit our server saw what took place and had a manager talk with this woman at her table.

We’ve never had a “bad” meal there but never an impressive one either. I love the fish tank, but the food is just ok. It’s not in our regular rotation of restaurants. There is often a long wait to be seated too, even with an ADR.

I have been to Coral Reef three times and have always had a positive experience with good food and good service. The only complaint I may have of Coral Reef is that each time we have had a set ADR we were seated anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes past our ADR. But I can say this of other restaurants in Disney as well.

The only other not so pleasant experience we had, but no fault of Coral Reef was we had a lady one time sat her " ASSets" right smack on our table while we were eating so that she can take pictures of the aquarium. I said to her, "excuse me but we are eating here". She then dropped an "F" bomb at me. To the restaurants credit our server saw what took place and had a manager talk with this woman at her table.
:(

On our last trip my food was so good I ate every single bite and could have eaten another plate full! I had a really tender chicken breast with mushroom risotto. It was so delicious. That being said, next time I might not like the type of risotto they have as much, but was very pleased with our last trip.

The food is decent, not over the top, but not awful. Sort of like BOG, nothing great food wise, but atmosphere makes it worth going. Coral Reef is beautiful and serene. Actually it beats BOG in a way, because BOG is quite noisy. The acoustics in there are just terrible, everything echoes. So with pretty good food and wonderful atmosphere, I wouldn't hesitate to eat at Coral Reef again.

I would love to sit right next to the tank!! Maybe we can ask if that is available when we get there
We always ask for the seating next to the tank, as it is my hubby's fav. BUT... sometimes it's too busy and they won't honour it... other times, they tell us it might be a little longer of a wait, which we happily do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!