Corona virus ended my trip 2020 PTR over at 16 days away**

We have officially rescheduled. And will do the MNSSHP on November 1st and then see Christmas decorations later. And celebrate Maizy’s 8th birthday on the 5th.
It was really hard to consider not trying to do it sooner, like at end of May when school is over but none of the dining we wanted was available and those princess and character breakfasts were really important to us. Fast pass day for the other planned reschedule was coming up QUICK and the idea of that made me anxious. I also spoke with my boss this morning and there are 3 other coworkers off this time as well :( so it would of been really difficult for me to be off that time. It’s all working out tho I’m sure of it.490C15BD-93A3-49BD-9FD6-E369627B180D.png

They have closed schools until April 13th for us in my town in Kentucky. Our governor has just announced restaurants and bars are closed. I pray that every one is doing what they can to protect themselves.

Alright, ladies and gentlemen! We are BACK. :welcome: And a redo trip is BOOKED! We moved our trip to November, and yet again cancelled. That November trip was originally going to be with just my daughter and I but now I am glad we have waited because we leave in 129 days with my sister, her husband, my 3 nephews, my father, my brother, and his girlfriend. Talk about a make up trip! We are staying October 24th-30th off site at Windsor Hills. It is a beautiful off site location, and we are thrilled. I will be back to planning and posting on this thread as much as I can now.

While I'm here I'd love to share the awesome news that I am now officially a college student again! I enrolled last summer in University of Cumberlands to get my bachelor's degree in Public Health! It has been such a blessing, and it is all paid for by federal grants. Being a single mom pays off sometimes, huh?!

Can't wait to plan and count down with you all!

Alright, ladies and gentlemen! We are BACK. :welcome: And a redo trip is BOOKED! We moved our trip to November, and yet again cancelled. That November trip was originally going to be with just my daughter and I but now I am glad we have waited because we leave in 129 days with my sister, her husband, my 3 nephews, my father, my brother, and his girlfriend. Talk about a make up trip! We are staying October 24th-30th off site at Windsor Hills. It is a beautiful off site location, and we are thrilled. I will be back to planning and posting on this thread as much as I can now.

While I'm here I'd love to share the awesome news that I am now officially a college student again! I enrolled last summer in University of Cumberlands to get my bachelor's degree in Public Health! It has been such a blessing, and it is all paid for by federal grants. Being a single mom pays off sometimes, huh?!

Can't wait to plan and count down with you all!
It’s been a long road. So happy to hear it’s finally gonna happen. Try not to cry watching the fireworks 😆

Wow!!! So sorry you were so close last year. But, your trip this year sounds absolutely amazing...to spend time with family is truly a gift!

And congrats on being a college student!

Lynn

Wow!!! So sorry you were so close last year. But, your trip this year sounds absolutely amazing...to spend time with family is truly a gift!

And congrats on being a college student!

Lynn

I am so excited to make memories with my family! My dad took my sister and I to Disney as children, so I feel like it's just going to mean so much to our whole family to go together again.

I have a little update with some plans in place! Below are our reserved park days, that I booked immediately when my sister and I discussed what would work best. We have see so many nightmares on Facebook Groups about people not reserving park days, which is insane to me! But, we were not letting that happen.

🚗October 24th- Travel Day, arrive for 4:00pm check in, I am pretty sure we're going with Morimoto Asia 🍱 as arrival dinner, because my brother suggested it and my sister had asked if my daughter would eat there. She LOVES this type of food, so I am excited. Any reviews on Morimoto? Would love some insight.

🏰October 25th- Magic Kingdom (everyone but brother and his girlfriend are going to this day)

🚄October 26th- Epcot (entire family together on this day)

🌠October 27th- Hollywood Studios

🌳October 28th- Animal Kingdom (entire family together on this day)

🏰October 29th- Magic Kingdom

🚗October 30th- Check out at 11:00am, drive (1h16m) to my grandmother's house to stay and spend time with her. Dad will more than likely be coming and staying with us as well. This is because I decided to stretch the trip (I had asked off for an extra day and do not return to work until November 2nd) and go to HARRY POTTER WORLD!!!!!!!

🧙‍♂️October 31st- Drive 1h13m to Universal Studios. I got 2 park days so we can do both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Return home to Memaw's

🚗November 1st- Early morning drive home, and return to work on November 2nd. I know this will make a tough day, but hopefully splitting driving with dad will be no issue, and I've gone to work with less sleep for worst reasons than Universal Studios so it is no big deal in my eyes. It's an 11 hour drive, but with stops I plan on 12 hours or so. It could be worse, and I've made the drive before with my grandmother early AM.

Any tips for Universal Studios? I honestly know nothing about the place!

I have zero tips for Universal. We have not made it over there yet. One day!

We have see so many nightmares on Facebook Groups about people not reserving park days, which is insane to me!
Especially when you are part of a facebook group, you would think they would have a idea that you needed to reserve park days! I already have my parks reserved for Feb 2022! ha! Why not? RIght?

, I am pretty sure we're going with Morimoto Asia 🍱 as arrival dinner, because my brother suggested it and my sister had asked if my daughter would eat there. She LOVES this type of food, so I am excited. Any reviews on Morimoto? Would love some insight.
We LOVE Morimotos!!! You MUST get the RIBS!!!! They are sooooo good.
Morimoto Spare Ribs Half-Rack, 3-rib
pork ribs, cilantro, hoisin sweet chili glaze

They are my husband's favorite. My daughter loved them as well. They aren't your typical ribs. I also love the Buri-Bop. It's fun because they prepare it in front of you.

I have a little update with some plans in place! Below are our reserved park days, that I booked immediately when my sister and I discussed what would work best. We have see so many nightmares on Facebook Groups about people not reserving park days, which is insane to me! But, we were not letting that happen.

🚗October 24th- Travel Day, arrive for 4:00pm check in, I am pretty sure we're going with Morimoto Asia 🍱 as arrival dinner, because my brother suggested it and my sister had asked if my daughter would eat there. She LOVES this type of food, so I am excited. Any reviews on Morimoto? Would love some insight.

🏰October 25th- Magic Kingdom (everyone but brother and his girlfriend are going to this day)

🚄October 26th- Epcot (entire family together on this day)

🌠October 27th- Hollywood Studios

🌳October 28th- Animal Kingdom (entire family together on this day)

🏰October 29th- Magic Kingdom

🚗October 30th- Check out at 11:00am, drive (1h16m) to my grandmother's house to stay and spend time with her. Dad will more than likely be coming and staying with us as well. This is because I decided to stretch the trip (I had asked off for an extra day and do not return to work until November 2nd) and go to HARRY POTTER WORLD!!!!!!!

🧙‍♂️October 31st- Drive 1h13m to Universal Studios. I got 2 park days so we can do both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Return home to Memaw's

🚗November 1st- Early morning drive home, and return to work on November 2nd. I know this will make a tough day, but hopefully splitting driving with dad will be no issue, and I've gone to work with less sleep for worst reasons than Universal Studios so it is no big deal in my eyes. It's an 11 hour drive, but with stops I plan on 12 hours or so. It could be worse, and I've made the drive before with my grandmother early AM.

Any tips for Universal Studios? I honestly know nothing about the place!
Sounds like a wonderful trip!! We just got back from a trip to Universal - what sort of tips were you looking for?

I started reading your posts from the beginning, and had the wrong year in my head. I kept thinking, there is no DDP, no fastpasses, no....blah blah. But your original trip was Mar when Covid hit. :oops:

I am so glad you got the trip rescheduled. I will be at MK the same day as you, Oct 29. I will be looking for a family that is extremely happy! Have a great time.

Last edited:
Sounds like a wonderful trip!! We just got back from a trip to Universal - what sort of tips were you looking for?
Any tips specifically for Harry Potter world? We are only doing one day. Not too interested in other parts of the park. Well, I don't want to say uninterested but HP is just top priority.

I started reading your posts from the beginning, and had the wrong year in my head. I kept thinking, there is no DDP, no fastpasses, no....blah blah. But your original trip was Mar when Covid hit. :oops:

I am so glad you got the trip rescheduled. I will be at Epcot the same day as you. I will be looking for a family that is extremely happy! Have a great time.

HAHA, right, crazy think I originally started planning it then!! AND yes if you see me do not hesitate to say Hi! I will probably be wearing something Remy related haha

I have zero tips for Universal. We have not made it over there yet. One day!

Especially when you are part of a facebook group, you would think they would have a idea that you needed to reserve park days! I already have my parks reserved for Feb 2022! ha! Why not? RIght?

We LOVE Morimotos!!! You MUST get the RIBS!!!! They are sooooo good.
Morimoto Spare Ribs Half-Rack, 3-rib
pork ribs, cilantro, hoisin sweet chili glaze

They are my husband's favorite. My daughter loved them as well. They aren't your typical ribs. I also love the Buri-Bop. It's fun because they prepare it in front of you.

I have been googling those ribs way more often then I would like to admit!

Any tips specifically for Harry Potter world? We are only doing one day. Not too interested in other parts of the park. Well, I don't want to say uninterested but HP is just top priority.
In order to ride Hagrids, you'll need to download the app and make an account to get a spot in the virtual line. We found during our last trip (August 5-10) that by 1030am the virtual line was at capacity for the day, so definitely be at the park as early as possible - the virtual line queue opens at 9am. You'll also want to ride Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff and do Ollivanders. At Hogsmeade there is also Honeydukes and Owl Post - if you wanted to mail a postcard from there, or buy stationery. You can ride the Hogwarts Express over to Kings Cross (if you ride Kings Cross to Hogsmeade the ride is different) and go to Diagon Alley (in Studios) and ride Gringotts, watch the Beedle the Bard show, go to the Weasley brothers' store, Madame Malkins, Gringotts money exchange, Knockturn Alley, etc. Both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley are so detailed and amazing, you will be astounded. We found the line for Butterbeer can be very long and in the hot sun in Hogsmeade, the line for it in Diagon Alley is somewhat shadier. Both areas have the interactive wand spells. Have a wonderful time!

We are 28 days away today! We have booked dining and we have this so far:

Magic Kingdom day 1-Jungle Skipper Canteen Dinner
Epcot- Toppolino's breakfast, Via Napoli dinner
Hollywood Studios - Sci Fi Dinner, and I booked a lightsaber spot
Animal Kingdom - Boma breakfast,Yak & Yeti but I might not go to this
Magic Kingdom day 2- Be Our Guest dinner

I got some ears and shirts in recently, I'll post those below!

Attachments

• ears.jpg
    ears.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 19AE31B4-3A11-45C9-A5D1-D2998DDF7CED.jpeg
    19AE31B4-3A11-45C9-A5D1-D2998DDF7CED.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 5
That all sounds great!

We are 28 days away today! We have booked dining and we have this so far:

I got some ears and shirts in recently, I'll post those below!

Those ears are adorable and I love the shirts too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter