Corona watch list

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
If anyone has any official info on UK - USA restrictions or quarantine guidelines please post here if there is nowhere else. Im sure I'm not the only one thinking my trip is in jeopardy.
April trip for me.

Ive got a WDW trip booked for November, but I'm also going to the USA on a separate holiday at end of May, so this is a bit of a nailbiting time for me too!

I skipped disney this year and went for a more budget friendly cruise around the med with 5 italian ports !! 77 days n counting

President Trump just announced to America that all travel to Europe would be suspended starting Friday at midnight, lasting thirty days.

President Trump just announced to America that all travel to Europe would be suspended starting Friday at midnight, lasting thirty days.

I think it was all travel FROM Europe, (except for the U.K), TO the U.S, starting Friday at midnight, lasting thirty days.

This is actually not good news for UK families with trips planned to Disney. In the rest of Europe they can probably now reclaim against their travel insurance, but Brits with travel plans can't cancel and then claim so may be forced economically to continue with their vacation even though they may find that the parks could be closed by the time the trip takes place, or that infection is more widespread in Florida (where they haven't been tracking/testing for infection rates) than in the UK.

This is actually not good news for UK families with trips planned to Disney. In the rest of Europe they can probably now reclaim against their travel insurance, but Brits with travel plans can't cancel and then claim so may be forced economically to continue with their vacation even though they may find that the parks could be closed by the time the trip takes place, or that infection is more widespread in Florida (where they haven't been tracking/testing for infection rates) than in the UK.
I don't want to cancel, I am doing all the regular things (hand washing, anti bac etc like a normal person does) but I just want to get to Disney providing I am well. If the parks are cancelled we do have insurance and hopefully that will come through.
My mother has had a transplant though and is on immunosuppressants so we need to consider any danger to her but tbh apart from the chronic loo roll shortage she isn't panicking.

My mother has had a transplant though and is on immunosuppressants so we need to consider any danger to her
Prior to your trip you need to check with your mother's travel insurance company that they are still willing to cover the travel and haven't issued additional advisory notices based on changing conditions.

Prior to your trip you need to check with your mother's travel insurance company that they are still willing to cover the travel and haven't issued additional advisory notices based on changing conditions.
I completely agree, we have separate insurance policies so will be looking into this.
With a bottle of wine maybe?

I cannot remember a situation where a country has banned all travel to it from foreign visitors. Definitely time to check your travel insurance to see if this unusual situation is covered. If in doubt, I would give them a call.

I would hate to be working at a travel insurance call centre this morning. I have worldwide family annual travel insurance. It is due for renewal in a few days and the premium has jumped by £80. I was going to change insurers, but with everything going on, I have decided to swallow the increase and just let it roll over with automatic renewal. I don’t want to give them any wriggle room.

This has appeared on LVs travel insurance site...:
In light of the impact that Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having globally, we’ve made the difficult decision to pause the sale of travel insurance to new customers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter