Coronado Springs expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
All current rooms are being remodeled as a part of the construction, correct? Is there a timeline on having that part of the work complete?

The concept art shows bed runners on the beds.
SO conventioneers don't bother to steal bed runners?!
ALSO means it will be priced as Deluxe?!

It has it's place, but all of Coronado is in warm colors. The gray doesn't fit at all. Hopefully it is/was just a base coat while repainting, or something. The concept art didn't show gray buildings anywhere.

The new restaurant looks nice, but too modern. It doesn't fit the resort theme at all. The tower is too Generic Expensive Hotel, too. Coronado has been my favorite moderate for years and I'm just not thrilled with these changes. Maybe it'll hurt less when they price me out of staying there. :worried:

Funny - the changes make it much more likely that I'd stay here now. The nice restaurant and interior doors are a huge swing point for me. After learning the hard way, I don't stay at places with others without 24 hour room service. I don't really get hangry, but I've seen it and room service can fix it so I want it available.

It's not impossible...but that is contrary to the way they have been running their parks for 40 years and also contrary to what the real goal is: making more profits to supplement their other problem businesses.

If they build new facilities next to the existing moderate blocks...then those blocks would have access to it. They can't build a prison and sell it...

So then you can't charge the same...

Anyone want Caribbean for $250-300 a night? That isn't being clever at all...it's the only place we can go at a minimum.

What if they opted to do a bay lake scenario? They build the tower and limit the usage of some of the better amenities to the tower guests? That would allow a tiered price structure that recognized the "old" CBR or CSR and the "new." In addition, they could still jack up the price on the old rooms by saying they had improved transportation options.

What if they opted to do a bay lake scenario? They build the tower and limit the usage of some of the better amenities to the tower guests? That would allow a tiered price structure that recognized the "old" CBR or CSR and the "new." In addition, they could still jack up the price on the old rooms by saying they had improved transportation options.

The difference their is that the old Caribbean doesn't have good facilities...and they'd have to invest a lot to build new "exclusive" facilities for the timeshare...

...they tend to go cheap on amenities for dvc and leach off the existing ones in place.

The difference their is that the old Caribbean doesn't have good facilities...and they'd have to invest a lot to build new "exclusive" facilities for the timeshare...

...they tend to go cheap on amenities for dvc and leach off the existing ones in place.
I'm picking up what you are dropping. At BWV they were like hey DVC guests take this crazy clown pool with the rest of them. I'm trying to understand how that gondola price is going to hit the resort...because it will.

I'm picking up what you are dropping. At BWV they were like hey DVC guests take this crazy clown pool with the rest of them. I'm trying to understand how that gondola price is going to hit the resort...because it will.

Oh it will...I was telling people that the rack rates will go up $100 at a Caribbean, pop,
AofA...and I got scoffed...they think with something other than their heads on this.

Remember though: boardwalk was built designed as half rack/half dvc with a convention center...so it was
All intentional. The only time they tried that again (sorta) is aulani...and I think it was to hedge bets.

Anyone know if there have been any issues with people staying in preferred rooms with 2 out of 3 preferred buildings now closed? Are guests getting bumped to other resorts?

Anyone know if there have been any issues with people staying in preferred rooms with 2 out of 3 preferred buildings now closed? Are guests getting bumped to other resorts?

I'm not sure about that, but when I booked in November for mid/late August, there were no preferred rooms available to book. They may have planned to have two of them closed during that time. (???)

I'm not sure about that, but when I booked in November for mid/late August, there were no preferred rooms available to book. They may have planned to have two of them closed during that time. (???)

A friend just booked a preferred room not even two weeks ago for the end of August... I guess I'll have to give it some time and see if any stories of incidents pop up

I just watched the video posted earlier today by rteetz and I have two observations:
1. Looks like they are catering to convention crowd with the exclusive/private event spaces.
2. As I noted in a different thread, they are clearly added all these rooms in 19 floors, but I don't see a pool/hot tub. Has anyone seen plans for a pool for all these rooms somewhere?

I just watched the video posted earlier today by rteetz and I have two observations:
1. Looks like they are catering to convention crowd with the exclusive/private event spaces.
2. As I noted in a different thread, they are clearly added all these rooms in 19 floors, but I don't see a pool/hot tub. Has anyone seen plans for a pool for all these rooms somewhere?

The tower is going pretty close to where the pool area currently is. However that's a lot of capacity to add so perhaps they plan on a small quiet pool or expect people to use the cabanas quiet pool.

Anyone notice the fireworks being seen from the bar/restaurant? Which fireworks and if anyone doesn't think that won't be a "view" with a huge upcharge that @lockedoutlogic has called for, I don't know what does.

Anyone notice the fireworks being seen from the bar/restaurant? Which fireworks and if anyone doesn't think that won't be a "view" with a huge upcharge that @lockedoutlogic has called for, I don't know what does.

They won't need to charge, people will show up and buy food/drinks, camp out there for a while to watch them. It's likely going to be similar to the situation at the Polynesian Beach or Geyser Point @ WL.

Technically the clown pool is the DVC pool, but anyone can use it. All the rooms surrounding it are DVC. The Inn portion has a quiet type pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter