Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach Resort

sncourtney11

Earning My Ears
I am taking my family to Disney World Dec 25th thru Jan 1st and we will have our 6 year old son with us. We are trying to decide between Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach Resort. We know both are under construction but don’t know which would be better. Any thoughts?
Thanks

If you watched DIS unplugged Disney vlog from yesterday then the resounding answer is Coronado Springs. They are under construction but they seem to be doing it way better and with very little disturbance to the guests. Carribean Beach, however, in the panel's opinion should have closed to guests and just gotten on with it. Anyone who had booked in advance before construction was announced was given a choice of changing resorts, and any upgrades would be at no extra cost. Or if they stayed, a $75 per day credit against the length of stay on a gift card. However, everyone booking after announcement just seem to have been abandoned and left to deal with it. The resort was even without hot water for 8 hours the other night.

I've stayed at both during construction. I found both resorts to be quiet (maybe it was because my room wasn't near construction?). While dining and shopping options are impacted more at CB, I think it really may depend upon how much time you plan on spending at your resort.

I would definitely stay at Coronado Springs. CBR has all their food in tents or trucks, and have had issues with hot water and is noisier.

I love the beach in general. The beach and Disney are my two favorite things so for me it's always Caribbean but just a personal opinion (I don't need to afford BC). Everyone complains about the walks but we don't think it's really that bad. If you hate the long walks, stay away from the pirate rooms, they're a mile away. There's no denying how spread out it is. But it's beauty and peacefulness outweigh that to us. Pre-Construction it was quiet. Even when the cheerleaders were in town we never got bothered by noise. personal preference I'd say...

Coronado is my vote. I love this resort. Also with the issues at CBR with hot water I would not want to stay there.

We've stayed at all the Mods and CBR was our least favorite. We had issues with the bus system and in general just did not care for the resort. We really like Coronado, very nice pool and rooms.

Coronado, we have had many great stays at this resort. We stayed at CBR once and will not be returning.

Coronado-stayed there twice past 8 months. My oldest worked at CBR and it is really a construction war zone. But Centertown is supposed to be done sometime late summer/early fall and that will help a lot. I liked CBR pre construction. But with all the uncertainties I'd go with Coronado.

Coronado-stayed there twice past 8 months. My oldest worked at CBR and it is really a construction war zone. But Centertown is supposed to be done sometime late summer/early fall and that will help a lot. I liked CBR pre construction. But with all the uncertainties I'd go with Coronado.

Uncertainties is a good description. Centertown completion has already been pushed back to at least December .

We've stayed at all the Mods and CBR was our least favorite. We had issues with the bus system and in general just did not care for the resort. We really like Coronado, very nice pool and rooms.

We have 3 nights after a Disney Cruise - we do not want to go to the parks just enjoy the hotel - which of the Mods do you recommend? 7 year old son who loves water!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter