Coronado Springs or Saratoga Springs

William B

Mouseketeer
Looking at possibly staying at Coronado Springs or Saratoga in April (April 25-28 to be exact). Both have some of the discounted rooms available through the sun and fun discount offer. Coronado is 309 a night and Saratoga is 340 a night. It will just be my wife and I (30 somethings) headed down for our first Disney trip together. Unfortunately we do not have a massive budget so the 300-350 a night is probably the max we can do for just rooms. Would one be better than the other? Our highlight will be the Galaxy Edge, so is one much more convenient than the other? Thanks for any suggestions or information.

We like Saratoga's proximity to DS for the shopping and eating. We had no problem with buses at SSR. Have never stayed at Coronado. We also liked SSR's foodcourt and pool food bar. Healthier options.

We've stayed at both resorts and enjoyed them both. We have stayed there with our adult kids in both resorts. We stayed in the Grandstand section at SSR in a 2 bedroom. It's the first bus stop so we always had a seat. We liked the pool in our section. Didn't try the other pools but they looked nice. QS was good. We liked being so close to DS for food options and things to do if we didn't feel like staying in the parks. I'm assuming you are staying in a studio so you will have a microwave if you want to warm up something easy in the room.

We've stayed at CSR 2 times. Once in Casitas and once in Ranchos. We liked both. Were lucky to be near the bus stop in both sections. The newly renovated rooms were great! Beds were really comfy. We do like the QS there (unlike a lot of people). Never used the pools there (were there Christmas time and for the Food and Wine races so didn't have a lot of time to use the pools), New lounges looked great but didn't try them-would have if we had had more time. Ate at Rix for breakfast and enjoyed it.

Both resorts are great for a couples trip! Enjoy!

My husband and I have stayed at Coronado multiple times and love it. We love the pool and there is a great hot tub. The QS is good and we like Maya Grill as well (although many do not). We have not been there since the room renovations and addition of Destino Tower but have heard nothing but good things.

Definitely SSR. That price is imho just too high for CSR. CSR is nice but it's a moderate and that is reflected in a lot of little things from room quality to resort amenities. For an adults only trip being close to Disney Springs is really nice. Neither is exceptionally convenient to HS/Galaxy's Edge.

I'm a DVC owner and purposely have never stayed at SSR. I know it has many fans and that's what makes DVC fun but it's not for me.

Recently I couldn't find a DVC room for my DD/DSIL and bought them discounted cash rooms at Coronado Destino Tower. I was leery of a moderate because we have been spoiled with DVC for 6 years. They absolutely LOVED it. They want to go back asap. We visited their room and thought it was really nice. The Tower is an extremely nice Moderate. Love it having inside corridors and that classy lobby! The washroom is lovely. Such a nice resort.

Stayed in the renovated room at Coronado Spring in November and loved it. Booked it again for September 2020 but had the opportunity to rent points for SSR so we are going to try something new. Love the new bar/restaurant options at CSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!